IISolidSnakeII - Un-ban Request
Your name: IISolidSnakeII

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:68937706

Your ban ID: 72494

Banned by: [FL] Hitman

Reason: BRA (72991) - FailRP, Hostaging as Citize

Involved: Me & Brikaas

Why we should unban you:

First of all I am a little shocked to see I have been issued a ban. It may only be a 24 hour ban but I believe this ban was issued purely because a teacher was the one to report me. I assumed since the teacher was the one making a role play (Which I took a liking to the idea) that they would not start waving around a "oh this is failrp". The story in which the teacher went for was and I quote "Hostage taking as Citizen, leaving me tied up..." and a few pictures showing I tied him up?

Next this may just fall under nothing so I will keep this part short. You notice here on my BR there are only screenshots. Nothing else.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=72991
Now, I was told minutes later, this person decided to post a BR on me. I then sent him a PM basically saying "really?". Now I ask why moments later he provides a video (recording) of someone who was breaking the rules. Here is the proof.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=72992
I ask why would there be a video of this and not a video of my "rule breaking". Now me and Brikaas both KNOW what really happened. He knows that this fit the role play situation. Whether he liked it or not. It is not like I just walked up to him and tied him up.

I can understand how this looks from the perspective of the evidence shown form Brikaas. Though this only shows 2% of the actual role play going on.

Now I am going to have to explain the whole story of what happened and show the Admins/Moderators what actually happened.

Story
I went to see a friend about selling a dupe. There were three rebels to be exact. They had weapons at the MTL and threatened my life. After much debate I tricked them into letting me leave. I then decided to go for a drive. I came upon Brikaas's role play/dupe. I walked into the office and I began explaining what had just happened at the MTL and that I would appreciate them looking into the situation. (He was police at this point). 

After I had finished explaining. He called me "god damn city people". I then told him I would "beat your ass if you here alone". He then jumped out of his seat and cuffed me. Threw me in the jail and left me. I had not right according to him. Not a phone call nothing. I told him I would get him back. (Remember this part) I then did a little role play of my own. Pretending to take a "blue pill". I then did /sleep and role played myself dieing. He took no notice until I said /me starts to shake with convulsions. He laughed and said I hope you die. - Can I ask right here. This is failrp right? A police officer, though he may be corrupt cannot just ignore something like this? Anyway there was another guy thrown in jail for reasons I have no idea. A group of coroleons came in. Smashing the front door down and telling the cop to free us both. He did this. I then said, now you will be sorry for putting me in jail. I then tied him up and said this is your punishment for locking me up. I also stated I don't want him shooting me in the back as I walk out or drive away. I even did /request for government saying there is a hostage in the jails. (Though he was not really a hostage). I then got in my car, I looked around and another cop in his car came around the corner with his lights on. I drove away.

Now as a teacher I would assume he likes to role play. This was clearly a role play moment. Why the ban for role play. He just did not like the fact I tied him up. He was all happy to carry on the role play until he noticed I would get him back. He went technical on me because he hated the fact I was saved and got him back. Just because I was a citizen. I HAD a valid role play reason to tie him up.

[b]Quote:8.7 Using ropes is only for taking a player hostage. Do not use ropes for any other reason.
[/b]

8.7a Do not use ropes as a way to disarm somebody. It is not realistic and counts as FailRP doing so.
8.7b Exception: You may use ropes if you work for the goverment with a custom job that would fit the situation, i.e. President’s Bodyguard.

These were the rules I was given as a reason for my ban. What? Where is the rule saying you cannot hostage someone as citizen. This was a role play situation and it all fit fairly.

I want to bring your attention to this rule. 
8.1 Do not hostage players randomly, you need a good reason and your character style needs to fit the roleplay situation.

Well, this rule clears me in some ways. Do not hostage players randomly. I did not.
[b]You need a good reason and your character style needs to fit the roleplay situation[/b]
[b]I clearly have shown I am a character who gets people back. I told him I would get him back. The role play situation was fair.[/b]
You broke a rule which Hitman showed and you got punished for it, it might suck but you have to blame yourself for it Wink
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
(07-08-2016, 07:19 PM)Brikaas Wrote: You broke a rule which Hitman showed and you got punished for it, it might suck but you have to blame yourself for it Wink

I will not blame myself. I only blame you for being so petty. I have nothing against you personally. Though you know yourself it wasn't random. Just technically rule breaking...
I will construct a response and post it shortly.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
Regardless of the roleplay moment, you tying up a police officer in the manner you have is against the rules. It is FailRP for a citizen to take hostages in the first place, let alone a police officer inside of a police station.You have more than enough hours to realize that doing such things as a citizen is against the rules and FailRP and little to nothing justifies such actions.

The quoted rules about hostaging:

Quote:Quote:8.7 Using ropes is only for taking a player hostage. Do not use ropes for any other reason.

8.7a Do not use ropes as a way to disarm somebody. It is not realistic and counts as FailRP doing so.
8.7b Exception: You may use ropes if you work for the goverment with a custom job that would fit the situation, i.e. President’s Bodyguard.

These were the rules I was given as a reason for my ban. What? Where is the rule saying you cannot hostage someone as citizen. This was a role play situation and it all fit fairly.

The rules cited above are rules regarding using a hostage rope on another person, reinforcing the accusation that what you did was indeed hostaging.

With that being said, the ban for FailRP is justified.

This unban request is now Denied.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator