[Unban] Groot Unban
Your name: Groot

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40329934

Your ban ID: 71834

Banned by:  [FL:M] AwestruckBullet

Reason: R/C to avoid NLR Blacklist

Involved: Me, Catman, Homeboy Antjuan, and CandyLover

Why we should unban you: First, when you slayed (assuming you slayed me) me upon giving me the blacklist, the overlay for respawning never came up so it just looked like I was ragdolled, so after a couple mins waiting for you to do something and not being able to type I attempted to relog, all the people involved are friends I just made join the server with me and heard me talking about how I got ragdolled. Secondly, the blacklist in general wasn't just. You ordered cops to shoot at me for a vehicle related, unarmed crime, in which noone even tried to stop me, I turned near the Nexus to be sprayed down by a cop and when I tried to talk to you about it, you said to keep in IC even though I already died, which that logic is broken AF. Long story short, I was unarmed, driving a truck, noone tried to stop me, a citizen ran into my trailer killing himself so I wasnt even aware of his death until Catman told me, then you decided a great RP would be to personally order some cops to no not stop me but to instead shoot and kill the unarmed truck driver with a civilian not driving in the passenger seat. With that said I understand that I should have talked to you about coming back but I figured you would understand after I enlightened you about your mistake but Ill go farther into this in my unblacklist request.

Sincerely,

Groot
[Image: HTQUIO8.png]
The ban was for the fact that you broke the New Life Rule. You then reconnected to avoid the Blacklist. Are you able to prove that the overlay wasn't showing?

Notes:

[Image: 47e0619d58.png]

[Image: 904dc56176.png]
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The only proof I have is the word of my friends, I didn't think that you would outright ban me so I didn't take screenshots, because I was trying to talk to you before the slay and then I was going to talk to you after I relogged, which a more appropriate action would have been another slay while I wrote an unblacklist request. I will also add that I wouldn't intentionally evade the blacklist, I know that would result in my first non-ancient ban.
Even if I didn't ban you, and spoke to you after, how would you have proved that you couldn't see the overlay? Just because you tell your friends that you couldn't see it, doesn't mean that I can know for a fact that you couldn't see it.
Kind Regards,

(06-02-2016, 01:44 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Even if I didn't ban you, and spoke to you after, how would you have proved that you couldn't see the overlay? Just because you tell your friends that you couldn't see it, doesn't mean that I can know for a fact that you couldn't see it.

I understand. But again if you spoke to me afterwards, you could've slayed again , inturn resetting the spawn timer to 10 mins just like how jail works when you log, which wouldn't have changed the situation, I just feel like you shouldn't ban based off solely your perspective, instead you should talk to people, because I would have been fine if you would have slayed me upon entry so I actually get the respawn overlay and I would just browse reddit for 10 minutes, it's not that big of a deal for me. I have no evidence so take it how you want but I feel like your "Missles first, justification second" type of administration is complete unfair for me, because I(or anyone) don't have the chance to communicate with you, which would have saved me from getting banned.
If that is the case, then I think you could have gone about it better. I did not ban off my perspective, I banned off the fact that the logs showed me you clicked the Disconnect button without saying anything, at all. You could have PMed me on the Forums, or even added me on Steam to inform me of your problem.
Kind Regards,

In this case you should've taken a screenshot of your screen to prove your innocence, the words of your friends don't count for anything I'm afraid.

With that being said, you did disconnect and rejoin to avoid the NLR timer which this ban justifies.

Denied.

Falcao,
Fearless Administrator.