Willems unban
(06-01-2016, 05:36 PM)Holdem Wrote: Calling the police when someone has a weapon aimed at your head is breaking Fear RP, simple as.

its not when nobody is telling you to do something, you just stood still saying nothing
(06-01-2016, 05:37 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 05:36 PM)Holdem Wrote: Calling the police when someone has a weapon aimed at your head is breaking Fear RP, simple as.

its not when nobody is telling you to do something, you just stood still saying nothing

Regardless if anyone says anything at all it is still breaking Fear RP, in the same way that if someone pulls out a gun at you, you can't run away instantly before they get to say anything and then say "Oh well, he didn't say anything so Fear RP isn't valid".
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(06-01-2016, 05:45 PM)Holdem Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 05:37 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:

Regardless if anyone says anything at all it is still breaking Fear RP, in the same way that if someone pulls out a gun at you, you can't run away instantly before they get to say anything and then say "Oh well, he didn't say anything so Fear RP isn't valid".

thats exactly what 2.1f means

Quote:2.1f Orders must be given via voice or text comminucation to initiate a FearRP situation.
The rule contradicts the main "Fear RP" rule in certain situations, which is something that is being discussed by the staff team for sometime now. The rule itself was aimed at stopping minges from putting people under Fear RP just because they're walking around with their guns out in the street or having people forced to stay in the position they're in because people around them are shooting at each other. The rule itself since Day 1 has been abused, many people found loopholes for it, started excusing their actions on this rule and the rule itself does not serve the purpose that was intended for at all.

The main rule still stands and one rule cannot cancel another out, especially when it's a sub-category cancelling out the main rule it's under, otherwise it would be pointless.
2.1 You must follow FearRP. Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.

Calling the Police when everyone around you has weapons aimed at you is not acting afraid of death, especially when you know these people can hear you/see you doing it, therefore the main rule was broken.

You've added your points and your perspective on the situation Sebasti, now please refrain from answering this message and let Willem post anything he has to say. I really don't want to turn this thread into a back and forward conversation when it needn't it be. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
My character was afraid. A few armed guys standing around him, not saying anything. He panicked and called the cops, because he didn't know what the armed man were doing, and what they wanted.
You guys came upstairs, pulled weapons and stood there. Not saying something. Therefore 2.1 comes in, like Sebastian said multiple times. Orders must be given to initiate a FearRP situation, wich were not given.
(06-01-2016, 08:31 PM)WillemdeWalrus Wrote: My character was afraid. A few armed guys standing around him, not saying anything. He panicked and called the cops

Unfortunately, your argument is invalid. If I were to take it as valid then I need to accept people running away from armed individuals because their character "Panicked".
Instructions were given, if you did not hear or read them then that doesn't excuse your actions.
(06-01-2016, 10:15 PM)Holdem Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 08:31 PM)WillemdeWalrus Wrote: My character was afraid. A few armed guys standing around him, not saying anything. He panicked and called the cops

Unfortunately, your argument is invalid. If I were to take it as valid then I need to accept people running away from armed individuals because their character "Panicked".
Instructions were given, if you did not hear or read them then that doesn't excuse your actions.

You keep saying there were instructions given, than why did both me and sebasti161 not notice it?

For the panicked part. If you actually SAID something, my character wouldn't have called the cops. No no no, you only stood there with guns. You might aswell be preparing for a raid you're going to do. How should we know you are about to (random) hostage people, who did not a single thing.

We could go on forever regarding why you didn't see or hear any instructions, but even that is irrelevant here. You did not get banned for not following instructions, you got banned for Fail RP'ing by calling the police on people who are armed right in front of you aiming a weapon at you. Your character should be afraid of life threatening situations, pulling a phone out in middle of a situation like this to call the police on the people that are aiming weapons at you is not "Panicking", it's not caring about your life.
Alraight, this wil go back and forward forever. Let's wait for Avgar to come online and decide, since he is the one who responded on this case too. We can't come to an conclusion, because we both stay at our statements. Like I said, let wait for Avgar and its up to him to decide.

Agreed, at this point I have to stand by my point. I hope you understand, this was not a direct attack at you as a person. I have punished plenty of players for calling for help when under gunpoint, refusing to do so would just lead to more and more people doing it. Not banning you but banning others would also be deemed "Unfair".