Increase FPS
I got a script from a member today, Joulle. It's a script that gave me around 10 more FPS. I went from 12 to 22 and sometimes even 30 FPS on V4B1.

This will enable Gmod to use all your cores, called multi-core processing. By default this is off. This doesn't work for all processors, such as dual core.

You need to put this in your autoexec.cfg, located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg

Code:
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1

studio_queue_mode 1

gmod_mcore_test 1

Warning: The downside of this tweak is that your game might crash more often, this only counts for some people.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 9 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Joulle, Hunterr, Georgy, DreeBott, Emil, Random, Chase, sebasti161, Merle
Take a look at the following post for more options:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=2971352

It's also possible to set which multicore mode you should use:
mat_queue_mode "2" // 1 for dual core, 2 for 4+ cores, -1 for automatic detection
The following 1 user Likes Avgar's post:
  • Joulle
How 'often are we talking about here? If I were to use it
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(05-19-2016, 10:27 PM)Midget Wrote: How 'often are we talking about here? If I were to use it

Asking the real questions here.

I'd estimate, the game crashes 1-2 times during 4 hours of playing on v33x on my pc. The fps increase was on another map and server around 20+ fps when I first had 35-40 fps there, mostly.

Do you want to play at 30 fps instead of 15 and crash more often?
It's working! Hallelujah!

I get around 10 more FPS in the city and 15 more in the countryside, definetly worth it.
This definetly worked for me! Smile
Found something very similar on another community a long time ago. Hence I was able to play v33x with relative ease lol. But the city and vlc still causes me issues.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I know this might sound odd. But, is anyone getting the icons on the bottom left of the screen amplifying? Or even your spawnlist and chatbox?
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Merle's post:
  • cookiro
"Mapmakers HATE them! See this one weird trick on how to increase your FPS!"

Seriously though, that is absolutely amazing but I don't think I'm going to use it if the crashes are as frequent as said.
I have dual cores what can i so?