Poll: Should General Rule 1.12 be Removed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
24.00%
6 24.00%
No
76.00%
19 76.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Removal Of General Rule 1.12
It might just be me but I think General Rule 1.12.

1.12 You are not required to provide a reason for your RP actions to other players in OOC, even if they request it; you are only required to provide a reason for your RP actions to administrative staff when they ask.

I think some people just use it as a Reason to Raid bases or the President when there is no Admin/Mod on and you can't get evidence for a BR as they don't say the Reason for the Raid.

I just want to see peoples views on this.  Smile
[Image: 19ae0142bb6ffa7096da0c5a398ab914.gif]

Please +REP me if I help'ed you in anyways
You can still get evidence to post a BR, because while the BR is up they will then be asked to give there reason for the raid otherwise it can be seen as invalid.

The rule is there for a reason and should stay.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • DreeBott
Nope.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(04-15-2016, 01:36 PM)Falcao Wrote: You can still get evidence to post a BR, because while the BR is up they will then be asked to give there reason for the raid otherwise it can be seen as invalid.

The rule is there for a reason and should stay.

You can raid anyone (except Gov) whenever you want as long as you say it's burglary Wink

Quote:14.4 You must have a valid reason to raid players, i.e. contraband, burglary, and needing to take hostages are all valid reasons.

What I dislike about 1.12 is this:

If an admin raids you and you ask why, they say 1.12
If you raid an admin and say 1.12 when they ask, they then say "I'm an admin, now tell me".

^ Personally I find it slightly unfair in that situation.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • horror
But if you president and you getting raided and you die and then you ask for the "Reason For Raid" then just say Rule 1.12 and they you can't really do anything from there.
[Image: 19ae0142bb6ffa7096da0c5a398ab914.gif]

Please +REP me if I help'ed you in anyways
(04-15-2016, 04:04 PM)Darkside Wrote: But if you president and you getting raided and you die and then you ask for the "Reason For Raid" then just say Rule 1.12 and they you can't really do anything from there.

If you're not doing anything wrong as the Pres, then you can post a BR as they're most likely breaking one of the following rules for raiding you:

Quote:14.2 You need a valid reason to raid the President.
14.2a You cannot raid the President solely to earn money.
14.2b You cannot raid the President solely because of high taxes.
14.2c You cannot raid the President because you do not like certain laws, unless they drastically impact your character. For example: Cars being banned from the city is not a valid reason.
14.2d You cannot raid the President solely as retaliation for being arrested or warned by police due to your own actions, i.e. you cannot raid just because you were arrested for speeding or mugging someone.
14.2e *UPDATED* You cannot raid the President for demoting you from a Government job.
14.2f *UPDATED* You cannot raid the president solely for having the job title “Dictator”. This is Metagaming.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Any removal of rules is just stupid. No offense, the rules now are completely fine.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
Rule 1.12 is fine. If you think someone randomly raided you and you have evidence of said raid then post a BR and when an admin looks it over they will ask for the persons reason for raiding. As for the admin claiming rule 1.12 just ask another staff to ask for the raid reason but most staff members, that i know, have no problem with stating their raid reason.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
I've said this countless times and I'll say it again:

This rule does almost nothing to help anyone. It basically just means that if you want to get the reason, you have to post a BR on the person (which can take a long time to do for some people like me who doesn't have the best download/upload-speed in the world) only to get the reason there. More and more people basically just say "1.12" instead of taking 20 seconds to type it out in OOC/PM. The only reason I could see for it being there is to avoid spam in OOC which could be avoided more efficiently with a rule such as "If you want the raid-reason, ask in PM, not OOC".

There isn't always an admin on either so you can't just ask them to question the raider/killer/robber - Nope, instead you have to post a BR which takes much much longer than simply getting it answered while on the server.

Also, if you have a valid reason to raid, why not just tell it? The rule doesn't forbid people to say it, it just says that you don't HAVE to say it.
When it would get removed, what would i do if someone asked me why I raided someone when not "1.12"?