CsMr - Unban Request
Your name: CsMr

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49436051 

Your ban ID: 68148 

Banned by: [FL] Pear 

Reason: "Propspamming, attempting to crash the server." 

Involved: CsMr , [FL] Pear -A

Why we should unban you: I was new to the server and had a role of a criminal and the police were trying to get me, so I was only trying to hide by boarding up the cafe door and I used a duplicator to spawn in the wood, little did i know that it was going to create some performance issues on the server but as a result I did get killed by the wood planks and I disconnected from the server because it wouldn't let me re-spawn. (Turns out the server had frozen, I do apologize), Then I tried to reconnect and I get a banned message and I find that I have been banned for trying to "DDOS" the server when that was never my intention. So I'm asking for you to remove my ban ONLY because my actions may have been misinterpreted and presented as a illegal act which I never would consider to partake in. I really enjoyed playing on this server and my friends have started playing on the server again and I would love to join them as it creates an experience that you can't get on any other server, I hope the community can forgive me.

CsMr Smile 
Can a mod please review this, I posted this a couple of days ago and I would really like to know If I can get back on the server again.
Hello CsMr,

Please be patient, the banning Administrator resigned.
I'll try to get in contact with Pear so he can come with his input.

[FL] SnowredWolf
Server Administrator
Greetings,

I'm the Resigned Administrator that banned you.
This is my input:

I was only trying to hide by boarding up the cafe door
-Propblocking is not allowed, someone who read the rules would know that. Just putting it out there.

and I used a duplicator to spawn in the wood, little did i know that it was going to create some performance issues on the server
-The server would not crash if you spawned it once, you spawned it more than 5 times in a split second time which caused servers instability and later, crash.

but as a result I did get killed by the wood planks and I disconnected from the server because it wouldn't let me re-spawn. (Turns out the server had frozen, I do apologize),
-That's where you crashed the server, completely unaccaptable.

Then I tried to reconnect and I get a banned message and I find that I have been banned for trying to "DDOS" the server when that was never my intention.
-In my eyes it's more intended than not. You crashed the server by spawning multiple props (in this case dupes down) in a short amount of time which caused instability and crashed the server. A normal user without harmful intentions would not use these many props in this short amount of time for "baricading the door".

So I'm asking for you to remove my ban ONLY because my actions may have been misinterpreted and presented as a illegal act which I never would consider to partake in.
-I do not believe this story, sorry. Only someone who wants to do harm would spam a lot of dupes and/or props in a split second time.

I really enjoyed playing on this server and my friends have started playing on the server again and I would love to join them as it creates an experience that you can't get on any other server, I hope the community can forgive me.
-Current staff team has a word on this one. I gave my input and let them consider it in this case. I currently do not believe you. Fishy as it is, why didn't you make the unban request at least a week after I handed you the punishment? (To me it seems like you wanted me to forget the situation we were in).

Kind Regards,
Resigned Fearless Server Administrator
Pear
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
Here is my counter argument -
Quote:and I used a duplicator to spawn in the wood, little did i know that it was going to create some performance issues on the server
-The server would not crash if you spawned it once, you spawned it more than 5 times in a split second time which caused servers instability and later, crash.

- This was a mistake on my part as I have made a macro on my mouse that speed clicks mouse1 that I leant on causing the mouse to spawn in multiple of the wooden planks.

Quote:Then I tried to reconnect and I get a banned message and I find that I have been banned for trying to "DDOS" the server when that was never my intention.
-In my eyes it's more intended than not. You crashed the server by spawning multiple props (in this case dupes down) in a short amount of time which caused instability and crashed the server. A normal user without harmful intentions would not use these many props in this short amount of time for "baricading the door".

- I can see why you would draw this conclusion but it just isn't true. Although I had a few hours played on the server I was not at all experienced with the tools available to me. I had never really used the duplicator before as most of my RP didn't involve mush advanced prop work. I kinda guessed that a duplicator would be the quickest way to get a few more planks to board up the door.

- On a side note to that one, I understand that propblocking is against the server rules and I agree with you that I should have read the rules in full. I am not saying that I didn't mean to propblock but, had I known that it was wrong, wouldn't have done it.

Quote:So I'm asking for you to remove my ban ONLY because my actions may have been misinterpreted and presented as a illegal act which I never would consider to partake in.
-I do not believe this story, sorry. Only someone who wants to do harm would spam a lot of dupes and/or props in a split second time.

- As aforementioned I was very new to the tools such as the duplicator and I accidentally leant on a mouse button causing the large spawning of planks. I was RPing beforehand and showed no intention to minge or the like, hence this is my only ban.

Quote:I really enjoyed playing on this server and my friends have started playing on the server again and I would love to join them as it creates an experience that you can't get on any other server, I hope the community can forgive me.
-Current staff team has a word on this one. I gave my input and let them consider it in this case. I currently do not believe you. Fishy as it is, why didn't you make the unban request at least a week after I handed you the punishment? (To me it seems like you wanted me to forget the situation we were in).

- I can understand your reasoning for this but can also explain. I sent an unban request previously where you denied it.

First Unban Request

My unban reason was very poor and badly thought out but it was still an unban request.

This was my first one which means, as stated in the guide to making an UBR that I must wait at least 3 months before uploading another unban request.

[Image: nNmHq3J.png]

I will admit that it has been longer than 3 months but that is due to me being on other things joint with me having to complete school assignments.

In light of all of this I still stand by what I have already said. It was an accident, I didn't mean to spawn in that many props and crash the server and I would deeply appreciate chance to prove that I don't intend to ruin the server or anyone else's RPs.

Your sincerely
-CsMr
Greetings,
after inspecting and digging through old files/threads I found something which brings the other side of the story to this situation.

Rails.

You never mentioned any rails whatsoever in this or old thread at all. I remember now who exactly you were.
You spawned a lot of rails and not "planks" as you say.
Now, I believed you at first, but only because I didn't remember who you were. I do now and I stand by my side and reason.

Only someone who wanted to do harm to the server would spawn such huge props in a split second time.

I rest my case here. Let the current Staff Member conclude this case.

Pear
Kind Regards,
Pear

Admittedly I forgot about the rails same as you did.

It is clear that I cannot change your mind and why would you, if you were unsure you wouldn't have issued the ban in the first place.

My only argument left is one I have already mentioned. Before the incident i was RPing same as everyone else. Logically if I wanted to DDOS the server, I would have gone and done it. Why would I DDOS something I was using? I can understand that if someone was minging, abusing, RDM/CDMing or even doing nothing constructive at all then did this then it would look very intentional. I would have thought that in this case, given that I was using the server properly beforehand, it would be apparent that it was accidental but I suppose that it is all opinion so yours is perfectly valid.

As I said before, I doubt I can change your mind but I hope that someone evaluating this case can see both sides and give me a chance to fully experience the server that I was trying to enjoy before this happened.

Again, I'm sorry for the annoyance I have caused the server and you.

-CsMr 
Greetings,
I never banned you and never stated that you ddosed the server. You crashed it by spawning multiple huge props. That's the only thing holding me back, because it is a major offence to propspam and even crash the server itself.

However I do believe in second chances and that people can change.

But I'm just posting my side. My opinion on this case or not, I'm handing this case to current staff team to conclude it.

Kind Regards,
Pear
Kind Regards,
Pear

Thank you for your consideration towards my case Pear. I respect that you were only doing your job to keep the server running smoothly. My intentions of why I spammed props may have not been just, and I accept responsibility for that. However it was not my intention to put the server under the degree of stress that I did which,to all of our dismay, made the server crash. I understand I was in the wrong, I understand the punishment is just, I just hope everyone else is able to understand that although I may have not have been perfect, I enjoy this community and it's something I'd really like to expand into. I'm not asking for forgiveness, but I'm asking for a chance to try again. As of tomorrow I would've been banned for four months exactly, I understand that you may still be reluctant to give me this chance, but I believe that I have served my time for the initial prop spamming. To all of the community members affected, both staff and player base, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience, annoyance, irritability or distress my actions may have caused. I'm going to learn from my mistakes and help other people not make the same ones I did. Thank you for your time.

- CsMr
Hello CsMr,

I've been following this case since messaging Pear to take a look on it, as Pear requested I'll take this into my hands.
From the start a permanent suspension may seem like a very excessive punishment, this was the punishment you were given to pear 4 months ago.
I have a few doubts about letting you back on the servers, but at the same time I do believe people can change with time and be given a second chance. With this said I'll actually go ahead and give you an offer in order to come back on the servers, however you'll still be given another punishment to ensure you'll not propspam etc. right off the bat.

I'll be willing to lift your ban under these circumstances:
-  Your ban will be lifted, without a last chance applied to your ban.
-  A 100 hours blacklist from PTE (Physgun, Toolgun & Entities)

If you accept this I'll lift your ban and apply the given blacklist to you.

[FL] SnowredWolf
Server Administrator