"I dont RP for RPP"
(04-14-2016, 03:46 PM)Hitman Wrote: ^ that's not a bad proposition. Would this RPP removal wipe them or disable the command to give them?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Would completely(temperately) remove the 'points' in the scoreboard and would be announced that roleplays would not receive any rewards.

GHOSTK1LL3R
Fearless Community Member
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • trxsh, Grunt
(04-14-2016, 06:01 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 03:46 PM)Hitman Wrote: ^ that's not a bad proposition. Would this RPP removal wipe them or disable the command to give them?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Would completely(temperately) remove the 'points' in the scoreboard and would be announced that roleplays would not receive any rewards.

GHOSTK1LL3R
Fearless Community Member

Not a bad idea at all. Would be really easy to distinguish between those that genuinely enjoy passive RP and those that do it only for the points.
I love doing PassiveRP, although I agree that on a small occasion they can turn quite sour, the majority of the ones I create/get involved with have been extremely fun. After all, I joined the server for the single purpose that the server is an RP server. I have gathered 13 points and I have to disagree about the points Ghost stated, whenever I see a PassiveRP I leap at the chance to get involved as it is a great way to spend time and bond with other members of the community.
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • trxsh
(04-14-2016, 08:08 PM)Divey Wrote: I love doing PassiveRP, although I agree that on a small occasion they can turn quite sour, the majority of the ones I create/get involved with have been extremely fun. After all, I joined the server for the single purpose that the server is an RP server. I have gathered 13 points and I have to disagree about the points Ghost stated, whenever I see a PassiveRP I leap at the chance to get involved as it is a great way to spend time and bond with other members of the community.

so is shooting them in the face
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Divey
(04-14-2016, 11:54 AM)Kahjo Wrote: @Admun giib me rpp me rp gud ristaurente ruleplei

Your so cool
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
I strongly agree with Ghost. Just because you and your 'main bae' have the resources and desire to create these amazing RPs, doesn't mean me, the average Joe, is going to get plenty of customers coming into my hairdressers. You can sit there for half an hour and get only 1 or no customers at all. And this is why AgrRP is more popular than ever.

I thoroughly enjoy passiveRP when I'm actually passiveRPing; using /its and /mes and using props creatively. However, AFKing in a city shop and spending $4500 on adverts for no reason is not passiveRP.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 1 user Likes Nuka's post:
  • Grunt
(04-15-2016, 09:14 AM)Nuka Wrote: I strongly agree with Ghost. Just because you and your 'main bae' have the resources and desire to create these amazing RPs, doesn't mean me, the average Joe, is going to get plenty of customers coming into my hairdressers. You can sit there for half an hour and get only 1 or no customers at all. And this is why AgrRP is more popular than ever.

I thoroughly enjoy passiveRP when I'm actually passiveRPing; using /its and /mes and using props creatively. However, AFKing in a city shop and spending $4500 on adverts for no reason is not passiveRP.

Making a roleplay that is common will obviously not get you many customers. All that's separating you from making a fun roleplay is your own creativity and time to set it up. Not getting customers is not a flaw with the people that are not coming, it's a flaw with the roleplay one sets up. I would still call these roleplays 'passiveRP', but just not very fun.

I'm most likely not going to visit a hair dresser for the tenth time unless there's some fun gimmick to it, perhaps a funny character cutting the hair or a certain element that's unique like the location or executed commands. Likewise, I wouldn't normally visit a restaurant roleplay anymore, unless there's something different to it (like only letting in people with suits, that was fun).

Seems to me that perhaps using RPPs as pretty much the only incentive to roleplay other than wanting to do it needs a rework.
The following 1 user Likes Avgar's post:
  • Divey
one day he is gonna be so angry about the RPs he is gonna be like: "stop giving me RPs you F*cking a*holes! you are inturupting my RP and making me type shit in the chat! godammit!"
I've done Clothes Tailor RPs, Road Construction RPs, Sexual Health Clinic RPs and unless you're on 33x at about 6pm you will get no customers.

I agree that it needs a rework. The problem is, the only people who can decently RP and set up proper PasRPs have already got their 15 RP points and their gas mask. As soon as you hit that level, people stop caring. It sucks but it is true. Events, however, are usually ALWAYS fun because of the amount of people.

PassiveRP is not popular simply because of a lack of people. For people with few hours, it's a question of why should I sit here and do '/me sits down gently on the seat' when they could be a cop with a gun. For people with lots of hours, it's a question of why should I visit someone's RP at all.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The issue which you're not seeing though Avgar is people don't care about passiveRP. It's not fun, there is no action in it. You're currently looking in ways to improve passiveRP but there isn't. Unfortunately, you are the minority when it comes to what RP and it's just the simple matter. The main reason for it is people play video games for the action which can be shown by the most popular games on Steam(CSGO,Dota,TF2). There is hardly any games which invoke no action and if they do they don't remain popular for a long time.

If you start trying to turn Fearless into a passiveRP server I guarantee that it will be the final straw for Fearless. People are not interested in passiveRP, yes some people don't mind it but can you see people from people that stop going for RPP's once they hit 10-15.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Willem de Walrus