"I dont RP for RPP"
[Image: k4Ljjic.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • trxsh, Nuka, Kahjo
Meh, it's what everybody says so they don't appear to be desperate. Not RPing for an RPP is like doing work and not wanting to get paid for it.
The following 4 users Like trxsh's post:
  • Nuka, Link, Random, goigle!
Toxin is right, you're deluded if you think PasRP is for any other reason than points. While I do enjoy PasRP, the majority of PasRPs are EXTREMELY time consuming and boring. Unless you have a popular RP, at which point it's genuinely enjoyable, it's bound to be for points.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 4 users Like Nuka's post:
  • Link, trxsh, goigle!, Grunt
If all passive roleplays you can think of are extremely time consuming or boring then you lack creativity to make a roleplay that would be fun for yourself and/or others.

If you make and commit to roleplaying out boring/time-consuming roleplays and do not enjoy them, then you are either extremely altruistic and want to be like an NPC to enhance other player's experience or you kinda want them RPPs.
The following 8 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Pear, eazy b, Ivan Tempski, Jerrycat, Robbtja, Decay, horror, Ratatoskrr
(04-13-2016, 07:57 PM)Avgar Wrote: If all passive roleplays you can think of are extremely time consuming or boring then you lack creativity to make a roleplay that would be fun for yourself and/or others.

If you make and commit to roleplaying out boring/time-consuming roleplays and do not enjoy them, then you are either extremely altruistic and want to be like an NPC to enhance other player's experience or you kinda want them RPPs.

Welcome to psychology 101 with your main man Avgar.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 4 users Like equal's post:
  • Jono, , Decay, Grunt
The reason why is he getting so many RPPs is because he does what he loves and continues to do it. You see I haven't got any RPPs, but I love to join RPs and events that go on. Whether it's for the RPP or not, I don't care at all. They're decided from the staff and a trophy that you should admire afterwards. It's not all about the gasmask suit that you really want. RPPs to everyone should be trophies that make you look like a cool and awesome player to hangout with. Not just some RPP collector.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
I don't feel as if anybody has to explain themselves for the RPP they receive. Even though he does flaunt " I got a point every day for the last x days" so what? It's something to be proud of. You either roleplay because you love it, which it doesn't seem like many people do, or for the points.

It's not that hard to distinguish between genuine roleplay and RPP whores. The RPP whores stop everything immediately after receiving a point and move on to something else. They also say things in @ chat, OOC and /pm admins immediately when they get on to come check out their RP. These things are noticed and are taken into account when rewarding them in the future.

As for this thread, there is no need to publicly slander a community member because of their RP point count and the frequency of them receiving them. There was a period where I was getting them every day. Was it for the points, a few of them yes. A few of them were also for the RP. My favorites are any kind of BarRP or retail store RP. Any points I have for stores, bars or restaurants were the ones I actually enjoyed and did for hours on end.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
@Admun giib me rpp me rp gud ristaurente ruleplei
The following 1 user Likes Kahjo's post:
  • trxsh
I would say that around 90% of RP's are shops/bars and 10% are from big events.

I would say 5% of the people that enjoyed those shops/bars wouldn't even be the owners of the RP. Why? Who enjoys standing AFK in a shop because no customers will come in. You could argue that they can RP within themselves but after around 20mins it will get boring.

The issue is, many people in fact agree that PassiveRP is very, very boring but then we still push out passiveRP updates and stop agressiveRP with new rules. Why is that? If you go on the server, there is hardly any passiveRP occurring and honestly the only RP's that are tolerable are Avgar's and Lesanka's.

The point I am making is if you go around stating that you enjoy passiveRP, 9/10 of you are lying through your teeth. You don't understand the amount of people who say 'I don't RP for points' and 'I enjoy RP' to later state when they hit 10-15 RPP's admit they did and then equally agree with the points I make.

Now, I know some of you love your passiveRP(Avgar, Lesanka) but if you(the admin team) keep pushing more and more rules to regulate agressiveRP you will be left with no players on the server.

Here, lets test it. Remove RPP's for a month and lets see how many people continue doing passiveRP compared to agressiveRP. I bet we will see more people doing agressiveRP and passiveRP will die. Don't agree with what I am saying? Call my bluff.
The following 5 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Greed^, trxsh, Kippsee, Nuka, horror
^ that's not a bad proposition. Would this RPP removal wipe them or disable the command to give them?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator