Competition | Floodify's Short Film
Please read this before you watch the movie:

Spoiler :
So me and some friends made a short film back in december, last year. Unfortunately it has been laying on the editors table for quite some time. Due to time limit, we didn't get all the footage we required. This resulted to that I had to edit it all from the beginning - with a new plot.

So, to your understanding, this isn't really a straight forward plot. It requires some analysis, but if you do put yourself into it you might figure what the plot is, what it means and such. There is a small description.

Some improvements I have thought of, if I'm not just leaving this be, is to add dialog. This may further strengthen the actual plot and all the characther motiviations. I'm a bit sad that it didn't turn out what I had planned, because I think it may truly have been great if more time and effort was put down to it.

Perhaps I'll redo this project in the future. It's a compelling idea to me, but also a very hard one to produce.

Oh and the one who figures out the theme of this, not the genre, but the theme, such as hatred, loss etc and what the ending means - get's 100K from me. Maybe a donation, I haven't yet figured this out. But go for it.

The Path of Memory

A man thinks back at what an important image came from. But as he walk down the memory lane, he discovers something he hasn't seen before.

Directing, screenplay and editing: Viktor Jörneryd
Director of Photography: Karl Bergholtz
Actor 1: Jesper Johansson
Actor 2: Joel Johansson
Producers: Love Persson & Joel Johansson

Haven't really taken regard to my spelling in this thread, so if there's any grammatical issues - ignore it. Cheers!
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 12 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Alfred, Falc, Pear, Spear, Robbtja, DreeBott, Ivan Tempski, MasterNoda, eazy b, mintblackbeard, trxsh, NJperry
Looks pretty cool man, nice job.

My guess of the theme is "Memories", "Family", pretty obvious how I got my guess ha.

As for the ending, an empty memory he has no clue of, or something he missed at a younger age and has now came to realise.
(04-11-2016, 09:23 PM)Falcao Wrote: Looks pretty cool man, nice job.

My guess of the theme is "Memories", "Family", pretty obvious how I got my guess ha.

As for the ending, an empty memory he has no clue of, or something he missed at a younger age and has now came to realise.

Deep man.
pretty cool M8

i guess "escape,past,present,future,Memories"
You're all close, but there's one thing you are missing.. Let me ask you this; why does he look into the memory and does he do it just once?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Has he lost his memory and trying to regain it?
Got really into it, was pretty deep. Amazing work.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
Theme of regret;

he is chasing himself through the forest and literally reliving the memory of his past. He is running through the forest like an excited child would in their holiday.

He regrets that he didn't do anything with his childhood, as is represented by the photograph of the sunny day by the lighthouse and the contrast of the greyness of the cinematic shot.

He feels lost, however, as he ventured back to the origin place of the photograph, his worry was removed, as he repented on his childhood and realised it wasn't as bad as he thought.

This is metaphorically represented by the blank photograph, an image for a 'clean slate' and new start at life - it is representing he is a new man that cannot do anything to change his past.

Moreover, after the discovery of the photograph, the contrast of the film brightens which mirrors the beginning, a time when he was not recalling his past. This therefore represents a parallel change in his attitude, and conforms with my initial suspicion of the photograph being a metaphor for a new life; he is bright and happy again.

In answer to your question 'why does he do it just once', I believe that, as stated before, he realises the true objective in life is not to dwindle on the past, but focus on the present. Therefore, he realises he should let go of the past and live the day as it happens.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 2 users Like Link's post:
  • Jonas, Floodify
(04-13-2016, 05:09 PM)Floodify Wrote: You're all close, but there's one thing you are missing.. Let me ask you this; why does he look into the memory and does he do it just once?

OH OH! (add this to my answer please! ) He did some bad stuff and he wants a clean slate by looking at the blank picture! regret!
(04-12-2016, 08:09 PM)kimo kamal ( vito scalletta ) Wrote: pretty cool M8

i guess "escape,past,present,future,Memories"

and by those i mean: escaping the past, living the present, planning the future, memory of innocence

For my older comment i will add this:-

Regret of the past

Also blank pic is blank cuz he wants a clean slate