Removal of Raid rule 14.5
(04-13-2016, 07:07 AM)Nuka Wrote: ^^ so true. It happens with everyone. You'll sit there in a group of gas masks, wait for cops to see, and then slaughter them all because of that damn slums apartments which IMO should be banned for use as a base

If you're stating that the slums apartments is OP then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. We, the people that defend it are more than happy for you and your best men to go and defend it and I bet we'll easily wipe you out.

Just because YOU can't win doesn't mean that the base is OP.
+support

if only it was to lure GOV out of there places
(04-13-2016, 07:20 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 03:22 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: I love how the only people who have a problem with this rule are the ones that do the raid baiting. Its quite funny honestly. You speak about it being RP Ghost but each time I have seen you do it you sit on your raised platform with your guns drawn in straight view of any officer who exits the Nexus and looks that way and wait for them to raid you. That is all you do. You do nothing more then that. SO stop trying bullshit everyone and say "oh its ruining my RP!" because you never RPed with it before the rule was there anyways.

I love how you're still here crying after you lost interest and resigned

Well i certainly didnt lose interest and he is making a good point here so please dont ignore it by bringing up something else.
Lets be perfectly honest here, how often do you guys base in the slums and stand on the walls with your Galils out and just waiting for the cops to raid you?

2 days ago i saw an officer who tried to impound a wrongly parked BMW in the middle of the road and a cop tried to impound it. Someone walked up the wall of the slums and yelled "I dont think so bud" and aimed his gun at the cop. The cops were outnumbered so these people just could do however they liked. It started with preventing that their cars were impounded, later it became threathening the president to let them wear guns, to let them arrest people at will etc.

What kind of criminals do that? That isnt RP. Thats just a d!ck measuring contest, which is only proven by Ghostk1illers reply on Nuka. "we will easily wipe you out blah blah blah". Im all up for good aggresive RP but please take your measuring contests somewhere else.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Link
(04-13-2016, 09:08 AM)Baskingner Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 03:22 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: I love how the only people who have a problem with this rule are the ones that do the raid baiting. Its quite funny honestly. You speak about it being RP Ghost but each time I have seen you do it you sit on your raised platform with your guns drawn in straight view of any officer who exits the Nexus and looks that way and wait for them to raid you. That is all you do. You do nothing more then that. SO stop trying bullshit everyone and say "oh its ruining my RP!" because you never RPed with it before the rule was there anyways.

I love how you're still here crying after you lost interest and resigned

Well i certainly didnt lose interest and he is making a good point here so please dont ignore it by bringing up something else.
Lets be perfectly honest here, how often do you guys base in the slums and stand on the walls with your Galils out and just waiting for the cops to raid you?

2 days ago i saw an officer who tried to impound a wrongly parked BMW in the middle of the road and a cop tried to impound it. Someone walked up the wall of the slums and yelled "I dont think so bud" and aimed his gun at the cop. The cops were outnumbered so these people just could do however they liked. It started with preventing that their cars were impounded, later it became threathening the president to let them wear guns, to let them arrest people at will etc.

What kind of criminals do that? That isnt RP. Thats just a d!ck measuring contest, which is only proven by Ghostk1illers reply on Nuka. "we will easily wipe you out blah blah blah". Im all up for good aggresive RP but please take your measuring contests somewhere else.

Incorrect, it's just you're too incompetent to kill someone. You are the people that go around spamming OOC saying a base is a 'doomfort' because you can't yolo run in.
(04-13-2016, 09:28 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 09:08 AM)Baskingner Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 03:22 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: -Snip-

-Snip-

Incorrect, it's just you're too incompetent to kill someone.

Ah, real mature. I think there is little discussion to be had with you. Shame Ghost, you used to be a really nice guy.

EDIT: I have to wonder, why did you create this discussion thread if youre going to call people who disagree with you incompetent? If you have no interest in talking to people who disagree with you then whats the point?
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Link
Concerning slum bases:
Just a few days ago you mentioned to me that perhaps we should implement a rule against wall banging, because it offers an unfair advantage.
A few days earlier it was quite amusing watching you and several others attempt and fail at successfully raiding a slum base as SRU. Here you are claiming all it takes is tactics again. Skeptical

Concerning the baiting rule:
Yes, Fearless is not serious RP and neither is it real life, however the following line within the rules describes what CityRP is more or less about:

Quote:Remember, our roleplay (RP) is about recreating a lifelike civilization - your character is by default a functional member of society, so make your character behave realistically.

While 'baiting' the police to avert their attention away from yourself or to another location in order to reach some form of goal still makes sense adhering to some form of realism, calling attention to yourselves with the goal of... Calling attention to yourselves..? Showing your power level..? Making a statement..? Doesn't, really.
The following 3 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Link, goigle!, Grunt
(04-13-2016, 10:15 AM)Avgar Wrote: Concerning slum bases:
Just a few days ago you mentioned to me that perhaps we should implement a rule against wall banging, because it offers an unfair advantage.
Yes, I do agree that rules should be implemented in regard to wall banging, I'd be more than happy to show you why in a live raid.

(04-13-2016, 10:15 AM)Avgar Wrote: A few days earlier it was quite amusing watching you and several others attempt and fail at successfully raiding a slum base as SRU. Here you are claiming all it takes is tactics again. Skeptical
Ye, I remember that raid. Not going to make up some bullshit excuses but we did flop. This is the thing though, just because you fail one raid doesn't mean that the base is a doomfort.

(04-13-2016, 10:15 AM)Avgar Wrote: Yes, Fearless is not serious RP and neither is it real life, however the following line within the rules describes what CityRP is more or less about:
Remember, our roleplay (RP) is about recreating a lifelike civilization - your character is by default a functional member of society, so make your character behave realistically.
While 'baiting' the police to avert their attention away from yourself or to another location in order to reach some form of goal still makes sense adhering to some form of realism, calling attention to yourselves with the goal of... Calling attention to yourselves..? Showing your power level..? Making a statement..? Doesn't, really.
At the end of the day this is a game, I and many others enjoy what we perform. You should understand that we perform these RP at the slums which is where passiveRP's wouldn't occur.

Also, this shift in slum bases is actually your own fault( you as in the admin team). What used to be the meta on Fearless was dictators and the constant raids in the nexus which would be confined but this has shifted because of you implementing one rule:

'14.2c You cannot raid the President because you do not like certain laws, unless they drastically impact your character. For example: Cars being banned from the city is not a valid reason.'

Due to this rule being in place it has made those that would go dictator not getting raided because it now begs the question 'what is in fact a reason to raid?'. The rule of 14.2c in my eyes begs the question of what on earth is a reason to raid. Just one simple example, how do you/your friends/your family get to work? I bet the answer is over 90% of them drive and this rule is something that is a valid reason to raid.

Before considering rules to regulate the restriction of slums bases you should first consider why these bases occur because it never used to be like this and I preferred it how it was(was the best feeling to see 15 people in the elevator coming to the second floor of the nexus to deliver me free guns).

Equally, with the departure of many to you-know-where they with it took most of those that would agressiveRP. This has resulted in the people that perform agressiveRP sticking together( an example is my clan, we are I would say 70% of the agressiveRP on the server).

If we were to always 24/7 go cop I bet you'd see changes in how slums dupes would pop up.

Just consider all sides of the spectrum before stating your own.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Random
I agree with being able to raid the president for banning cars. I also agree with being able to call out the police to distract them from something else. However I do not agree with the removal of rule 14.5, simply because it would inspire fighting for no reason and over no objective.

It makes perfect sense to protect your base of operations as a criminal who is making money from illegal goods etc., but what kind of a criminal simply wants to get in a gunfight and quite likely die? We have FearRP because you want to protect your own life. We don't allow suicide RP for the same reason, because we can't have people jumping off the Nexus every 5 minutes for no reason. We also don't allow terrorism RP because people who might want to roleplay otherwise would just die for no reason. Those are all because we value life on CityRP, it is one of the most important aspects of humanity as a whole. Otherwise we wouldn't really be alive.

I get it that it's fun to shoot and all, but this is a roleplay server and you should have at least some reason for your actions. Perhaps you got in an argument with a different criminal group. Perhaps the government has been tipped off about your drug lab operations and you want to protect yourself and your money. Perhaps you want to break your boss out of jail.

If it is shooting purely for the sake of shooting, why not play CS:GO instead? Can aggressive RP even be considered RP if you don't even have a background criminal roleplay and it is simply RDM?

There has to be a better way to allow more freedom for aggressive roleplayers, other than removing rule 14.5, and with it removing any common sense a roleplay character (even on semi-serious RP) should have.
[Image: MZRod0q.png]
The following 7 users Like Lesanka's post:
  • Spear, Avgar, Hitman, Willem de Walrus, MegaOmega, Link, Grunt
+Support
Agree with the semi-serious statement
The following 1 user Likes Sentinel's post:
  • Link
(04-13-2016, 01:03 PM)Lesanka Wrote: I agree with being able to raid the president for banning cars. I also agree with being able to call out the police to distract them from something else. However I do not agree with the removal of rule 14.5, simply because it would inspire fighting for no reason and over no objective.

It makes perfect sense to protect your base of operations as a criminal who is making money from illegal goods etc., but what kind of a criminal simply wants to get in a gunfight and quite likely die? We have FearRP because you want to protect your own life. We don't allow suicide RP for the same reason, because we can't have people jumping off the Nexus every 5 minutes for no reason. We also don't allow terrorism RP because people who might want to roleplay otherwise would just die for no reason. Those are all because we value life on CityRP, it is one of the most important aspects of humanity as a whole. Otherwise we wouldn't really be alive.

I get it that it's fun to shoot and all, but this is a roleplay server and you should have at least some reason for your actions. Perhaps you got in an argument with a different criminal group. Perhaps the government has been tipped off about your drug lab operations and you want to protect yourself and your money. Perhaps you want to break your boss out of jail.

If it is shooting purely for the sake of shooting, why not play CS:GO instead? Can aggressive RP even be considered RP if you don't even have a background criminal roleplay and it is simply RDM?

There has to be a better way to allow more freedom for aggressive roleplayers, other than removing rule 14.5, and with it removing any common sense a roleplay character (even on semi-serious RP) should have.

Good idea on the raiding the jails, I like that i'll do that much more often now