Racism - Dynamode and I
(04-06-2016, 02:37 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:35 PM)DreeBott Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:14 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote: This
[quote pid='568870' dateline='1459952085']
to me seems like a situation where a player who wanted a buzz has taken things out of all proportions and out of context just to, like I said, get a buzz. I've spoken before about how easily things can be taken out of context and if you read what we said you would see that its general chatter. I also would like to make this unban on behalf of dynamode as well as I created the situation. 
So you're actually saying that i took your conversation out of context?
You just ran up to him calling him a "***"
He done the same.
There is no way it's "out of Context"

I knew him from a roleplay yesterday. I did not just run up to him calling him a "***", I was greeting him and saying hello. Perhaps its not the way you would like it, and I can see why, but it is not meant to be racist. 

I also did not see the screenshots so I apologies for that.
[/quote]

Spoiler :
[Image: e0e8bc1f4eb32400f1c64e853ae7ef5c.png]
[Image: 14dca6482ad8e843748c6699a75c555b.png]

its still racism.
(04-06-2016, 02:33 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:32 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:26 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:24 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: There

[quote pid='568882' dateline='1459952799']
[quote pid='568880' dateline='1459952689']
are no exceptions lads. The rules have been set in place for a reason.

1.13 *UPDATED* Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC.

I can understand this, but it was not intended in a racist way. If you look at the screenshots or whatever, it is no where near intended to be racist. At all! 

I apologize if anyone was offended, but as I mentioned, I think it has been blown way out of proportions. 
Why was there no sit on the matter?

Edit: I realize it was indeed posted on the forums, I thought it was discussed in-game. My apologies.

Correct. A ban request was in-fact made.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...pid=568865
[/quote]

I think it is clear from the images that it was not intended to offend or be racist in any way. It was an IC moment. If I was saying something on the lines of "Ohh, *This type of person* should be slaughtered for *This*" I can fully understand the ban and I wouldn't post an unban. I am posting an unban request because I strongly believe it has been taken too far here.

The quotes are not posting, not sure why. They are there in the editing stage.
[/quote]

1.13 *UPDATED* Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC.
(04-06-2016, 02:39 PM)DreeBott Wrote:

[quote pid='568892' dateline='1459953436']
[quote pid='568889' dateline='1459953324']

to me seems like a situation where a player who wanted a buzz has taken things out of all proportions and out of context just to, like I said, get a buzz. I've spoken before about how easily things can be taken out of context and if you read what we said you would see that its general chatter. I also would like to make this unban on behalf of dynamode as well as I created the situation. 
He done the same.
[/quote]

I knew him from a roleplay yesterday. I did not just run up to him calling him a "***", I was greeting him and saying hello. Perhaps its not the way you would like it, and I can see why, but it is not meant to be racist. 

[/quote]

Spoiler :

its still racism.
[/quote]

Were you personally offended? If so, I apologies, but that was not my or Dynamodes intentions at all.

There's hundreds of words that can be used as racist words. "Cotton picking" can be classed as racist, but it depends on the context. I think that it is a similar situation here.
(04-06-2016, 02:43 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:39 PM)DreeBott Wrote:
[quote pid='568892' dateline='1459953436']
[quote pid='568889' dateline='1459953324']

He done the same.

[/quote]

Spoiler :

its still racism.
[/quote]

Were you personally offended? If so, I apologies, but that was not my or Dynamodes intentions at all.
[/quote]

I know im repeating myself but I dont think you get it.

It doesn't matter, its racism.
There's hundreds of words that can be used as racist words. "Cotton picking" can be classed as racist, but it depends on the context. I think that it is a similar situation here. 
I think the word "***" is the type of word that is dependent on the situation, you can say it in a derogative way, or not. 

People often call each other "***" while greeting which is not used in a racist way. I honestly think there are multiple meanings to this word and we were not using it in a derogative manner purposely.
(04-06-2016, 02:49 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote: There's hundreds of words that can be used as racist words. "Cotton picking" can be classed as racist, but it depends on the context. I think that it is a similar situation here.

There is no Point in trying to tell you that it's still racist and when you think it COULD be racist you shouldn't say it AT ALL.
(04-06-2016, 02:51 PM)DreeBott Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:49 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote: There's

[quote pid='568900' dateline='1459954149']
hundreds
[quote pid='568900' dateline='1459954149']
of words that can be used as racist words. "Cotton picking" can be classed as racist, but it depends on the context. I think that it is a similar situation here.
[/quote]

There is no Point in trying to tell you that it's still racist and when you think it COULD be racist you shouldn't say it AT ALL.
[/quote]

Using the word "Black" can be racist, should I not use that at all? Using the word "Yellow" can be racist, should I not use that at all? Using the word "White" can be racist, should I not use that at all? Again, it all depends on the context of what you're using it in.

"People often call each other "***" while greeting which is not used in a racist way. I honestly think there are multiple meanings to this word and we were not using it in a derogative manner purposely." I've seen many people on the server use this to greet each other and they have no intentions of racism, I've seen people say it in front of admin's, because they haven't taken it in a racist way, but a greeting kind of way. 

You see people calling each other "Idiots", "Retards" and many more which are derogative, but that is not classed as important? They can get away with it scott free? 
Why is that? 

I'd also like to mention this; 
"The word itself is linked to a racist intent. The word itself is not Racist. The intent if much more important."
"The variant "***" is sometimes used among African Americans in a non-derogatory way."

It all seems to be up to opinion. What makes it not racist for a darker skinned person to say "***?" or "***"? 
Because its not taken in the context of racism.
I must agree this is absurd.
My suggestion "Abandon IC Racism/Sexism rule" was approved.
Even though it's not implemented yet, i think it's way too harsh to punish somebody for it.
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
(04-06-2016, 04:10 PM)PandiZz Wrote: I must agree this is absurd.
Even though it's not implemented yet, i think it's way too harsh to punish somebody for it.

Thanks.

I mean, although the rule is there because it can be a touchy subject, it is clear that it is intended to greet Dynamode. 
There's so many different ways it can be portrayed, and clearly this has been taken in as the wrong way, or the reporter wanted a kick. 

Either way, if this is a rule to stay, more in depth rules on this would be great. There is a line between racism and not racism, and there's also an in-between. This is where I think I stand, It wasn't meant to be offensive or intended as racist. 

Read my above post. It depends on the context, like I said.

I'd also like to add that the report had no summary of what actually happened, showing no meaning to the situation at all. Therefore I also think it shows mixed messages.
(04-06-2016, 04:10 PM)PandiZz Wrote: I must agree this is absurd.

Have fun with your warn for posting without beeing involved.