Racism - Dynamode and I
Thumbs Down 
Your name: TuftyGoblin

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45802432

Your ban ID: 70926

Banned by: [FL:M] AwestruckBullet

Reason: BRA (70220) - Racism

Involved: dynamode STEAM_0:0:78208539

Why we should unban you: I personally think this is absurd. Dynamode and I were speaking IN-CHARACTER, not meaning to offend anyone. It was all in Roleplay and as I said, clearly not intended to offend anyone. This to me seems like a situation where a player who wanted a buzz has taken things out of all proportions and out of context just to, like I said, get a buzz. I've spoken before about how easily things can be taken out of context and if you read what we said you would see that its general chatter. I also would like to make this unban on behalf of dynamode as well as I created the situation. 

I also feel quite put down as there was no sit at all. I do not see any ban requests on the forum and I know the guy who did it. He was not involved in the RP and just stood there, I assume taking screenshots. I would next time highly appreciate an admin sit to be created so we can actually discuss what happened, instead of just straight up banning us without warning. We we're both playing and roleplaying at the time, and we said the word "***" a couple of times. I strongly believe that the person reporting is doing it out of spite. 

What was said
[Image: 6847d5a9ad86138e24d519ccd121262c.png]

In fact, after leaving I joined a BankRP, which was, in fact going very well and I just get banned. No warning whatsoever. 

I will repeat, It was not used in a racist way, but a role play way. I think it has been dragged way out of proportions! 
I'm sorry if it offended anyone! 

I also can't use Shadowplay to retrieve the video evidence showing that it was used in a harmful way as for some reason its not recording how long I set it to. 

(Sorry dynamode for getting you involved in this) 
If I don't get unbanned, I'd appreciate an unban on dynamode, as that is what I feel is more unjust. 
that ban was just absurd. i cant believe it either. a warning or an mod sit would be just good but a ban rightaway? we didnt even talk to the guy who reported us. anyways i accept your apology man. hoping we could fix this issue as soon as possible.
(04-06-2016, 02:17 PM)dynamode Wrote: that ban was just absurd. i cant believe it either. a warning or an mod sit would be just good but a ban rightaway? we didnt even talk to the guy who reported us. anyways i accept your apology man. hoping we could fix this issue as soon as possible.

I agree. Even if the words we roleplayed with are strictly prohibited, I strongly believe that this has been dragged out of proportions as I stated. I'm more upset that the player who reported us just stood there gathering as much evidence as possible, just to get a ban on two people roleplaying. This player who reported us played no part in the roleplay, and after we stopped talking we walked off and so did he. He did not contribute to anything. We we're having a discussion and he literally was just stood there. 

Ever since I can remember, it is so easy to take things out of context on the server and I think something should be done about things like this, even if its not racism or breaking the rules, it soon can be with a player that wants a quick kick. 

Next time, an actual admin sit to discuss the matter, I think would be much more worthy of what has just happened, I understand that the moderator who banned us is new, and fair enough but this could have been resolved much easier that way. We were both also on the server at the time, so I think there's no real reason an admin sit couldn't have happened. 

I honestly don't think saying "***" a few times is worth a ban, I've got no track record of being racist on the server and I think a verbal warning or a blacklist for an hour or so would be much more considerate.
There are no exceptions lads. The rules have been set in place for a reason.

Rule 1.13 *UPDATED* Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
(04-06-2016, 02:24 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: There are no exceptions lads. The rules have been set in place for a reason.

1.13 *UPDATED* Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC.

I can understand this, but it was not intended in a racist way. If you look at the screenshots or whatever, it is no where near intended to be racist. At all! 

I apologize if anyone was offended, but as I mentioned, I think it has been blown way out of proportions. 
Why was there no sit on the matter?

Edit: I realize it was indeed posted on the forums, I thought it was discussed in-game. My apologies.
(04-06-2016, 02:26 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:24 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: There are no exceptions lads. The rules have been set in place for a reason.

1.13 *UPDATED* Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC.

I can understand this, but it was not intended in a racist way. If you look at the screenshots or whatever, it is no where near intended to be racist. At all! 

I apologize if anyone was offended, but as I mentioned, I think it has been blown way out of proportions. 

Edit: I realize it was indeed posted on the forums, I thought it was discussed in-game. My apologies.

Correct. A ban request was in-fact made.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...pid=568865
Kind Regards,

(04-06-2016, 02:32 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:26 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:24 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: There

[quote pid='568882' dateline='1459952799']
[quote pid='568880' dateline='1459952689']
are no exceptions lads. The rules have been set in place for a reason.

[/quote]

Correct. A ban request was in-fact made.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...pid=568865
[/quote]

I think it is clear from the images that it was not intended to offend or be racist in any way. It was an IC moment. If I was saying something on the lines of "Ohh, *This type of person* should be slaughtered for *This*" I can fully understand the ban and I wouldn't post an unban. I am posting an unban request because I strongly believe it has been taken too far here.

The quotes are not posting, not sure why. They are there in the editing stage.
(04-06-2016, 02:14 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote: This to me seems like a situation where a player who wanted a buzz has taken things out of all proportions and out of context just to, like I said, get a buzz. I've spoken before about how easily things can be taken out of context and if you read what we said you would see that its general chatter. I also would like to make this unban on behalf of dynamode as well as I created the situation. 
So you're actually saying that i took your conversation out of context?
You just ran up to him calling him a "***"
He done the same.
There is no way it's "out of Context"
As of current, the rules on IC racism still stand. However, the word you had used is a contemptuous term used for people people with coloured skin. Contempt is the feeling that a person or a thing is worthless or beneath consideration.

I do not think you should be unbanned.
Kind Regards,

(04-06-2016, 02:35 PM)DreeBott Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:14 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote: This
[quote pid='568870' dateline='1459952085']
to me seems like a situation where a player who wanted a buzz has taken things out of all proportions and out of context just to, like I said, get a buzz. I've spoken before about how easily things can be taken out of context and if you read what we said you would see that its general chatter. I also would like to make this unban on behalf of dynamode as well as I created the situation. 
So you're actually saying that i took your conversation out of context?
You just ran up to him calling him a "***"
He done the same.
There is no way it's "out of Context"
[/quote]

I knew him from a roleplay yesterday. I did not just run up to him calling him a "***", I was greeting him and saying hello. Perhaps its not the way you would like it, and I can see why, but it is not meant to be racist. 

I also did not see the screenshots so I apologies for that.