Abandon IC Racism&Sexism rule
(03-27-2016, 10:24 PM)Zecon Wrote: +support

When the rule was initially implemented it was this,

"5.7 While you may be racist, sexist, and discriminatory IC, do not do this to excess or if it doesn’t fit your character’s roleplay. These actions must under no circumstances carry over to OOC." 

which is worded in such a way that it meant it couldn't be abused, and it wasn't, it all worked well and I don't see why it was removed

Your points are also good and the examples given back a good argument.

This rule back would be perfect.
Thanks for the enlightment, Zecon.
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
+Support

Allowing racism and sexism into the servers would of course annoy some people (but so do all of the updates, more or less)

and the minges would, of course, overly use the terms

but, the removal of this rules would completely alter RP for the better over all.

And as stated above it would change Mafia and GangRP, in a positive way of course allowing users to speak as if they would in a real gang
[quote pid='565477' dateline='1459117441']

"5.7 While you may be racist, sexist, and discriminatory IC, do not do this to excess or if it doesn’t fit your character’s roleplay. These actions must under no circumstances carry over to OOC." 
[/quote]

I thoroughly +support this rule being implemented. Racism and sexism is of course bad but during RP it can make it appear much deeper and can add some shock value to arguments. I don't believe this will cause any arguments if the admins monitor this and ban people if they are just being blatantly racist or sexist for no reason and it has nothing to do with who they are RPing as.

As for the people who don't want this rule implemented for the reason "it will hurt peoples feelings"; remember that level in MW2 called "No Russian"? That offended people and actually caused people to protest the company but it eventually died down and that level is now extremely memorable to players due to the extreme level of graphic nature, I feel it will be the same for this, it will be hype for a while but eventually it will just be seen as a way to have more risqué RP's and lead to memorable arguments and roleplays. 

Imagine this:

>Badass gangster rolls into town and heads into the bar
>He enters and slaps a girls ass
>Fight happens
>"Banned for sexism"

Not realistic is it.

Now imagine this:

>Badass gangster rolls into town and heads into the bar
>He enters and slaps a girls ass
>She turns around and throws her drink at him
>Her boyfriend starts arguing with him
>Shootout occurs

That would make a good RP.
The slapping on the ass part is getting quite close to rapeRP and I'd prefer to prevent that, but I see your point, SirMinus.
The following 1 user Likes Avgar's post:
  • Gog
any good rp'er can do without racism. you are all giving examples of what it could be at its best (at its best it would just piss the other person off, which can be done in many other ways)

at its worst, or even at its most common, its just gonna be kids saying n*gger cause they can. or fagg*t.
+Support

The players weren't complaining when they were going about actually yelling these thing so I dont see why there is now something wring with it in this thread.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
-Support

I would have no problem taking this thing in. The issue is just that a lot of other people will have an issue with it. The community would run a risk of being labled as a 'racist' community or w/e, that doesn't do anything against things like these. People will get offended, no matter what and I understand that.

And we may aswell lose a few players here and there, because they're not okay with with this rule that will be re-implemented.
-Support
Reasons stated above.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
+support i would love to be able to say *** ingame!
The following 1 user Likes Jipz's post:
  • Azog
+support