Abandon IC Racism&Sexism rule
Title of Suggestion: Abandon IC Racism&Sexism rule

Description: Hello, I've recently started playing garry's mod, and therefor fearless again. - I quit back in 2012.
It has come to my knowledge that in character racism and sexism is not allowed, which I personally find is utterly stupid.
From my understanding fearless tries to be as realistic as possible, but then how ever bans people who use racial/sexist slurs?

[Why abandon the "safe space" policy?]
Racism/Sexism is something happening in our communities. - Where ever you may come from. Banning such things would be to ban realism. (More or less)
It will make the roleplay even deeper, and juicier.

[Example]
Im Don Corleone, in a bar with a beautiful woman. My men are protecting me, and I know Im the king of the underground. As Don Corleone you are both feared and respected, and you take what you dont get. Asking if she wants to be my woman for the night, smack her ass, make some sexual remarks should be normal. - You are after all the boss of the organized crime syndicate.

[Example]
You are a rebel, thuggish gangstah criminal. Would it not make sense to be allowed to say "n***a" every once in a while to each other?
"Yo cracker ass motherfucker, you in the wrong neighboorhood, FOOL"
"Ey ludacris, where my n****s at boy?"
"Whatchu lookin at, cracka?"

-------------------------------------------------
Im not a great writer, but I hope this showed you that a "safe space" in a rather serious and realistic roleplay server is completely wrong.
support the OOC anti-sexist and anti-racism part, any personal harassment out of character should be punished.

-Support
Anyone who comes across a racist/sexist slur might be offended in real life. I can see lots of arguments leaking into OOC. I wouldn't like to come across a racist slur.
(03-27-2016, 07:40 AM)MegaOmega Wrote: -Support
Anyone who comes across a racist/sexist slur might be offended in real life. I can see lots of arguments leaking into OOC. I wouldn't like to come across a racist slur.
You might get offended in real life if I say I will kill your whole family and drink their blood in character. - But that's not a reason to censor threats against family, is it?
If I call you rice picker, cracka, or a cotton picker in character would you really be offended behind your screen?
People so sensitive lately, time to have a check on reality.
The following 1 user Likes Azog's post:
  • Prosto
-support. You might not like the rule because you won't be offended but that doesn't mean everyone else won't be offended either.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Fuck moralfgs.
+support
- Support

I think it will be seen as a way to disguise OOC insults in IC. I know the rp should be realistic but being able to discriminate against people IC is not vital at all to making the rp more realistic. I don't see how this will improve FL either as a hole.
+Support
Quote: From my understanding fearless tries to be as realistic as possible  

Fearless is a semi-serious roleplay server, meaning this dosen't have to be fully realistic, and perhaps, might offend people, thats the same with RapeRP, as people might have been raped in real life, then there is no need to do it on a game aswell.

Quote: Banning such things would be to ban realism. (More or less)      

I fail to see completely how banning rasicm and sexism in-character would be banning realism?, people is getting offended in real life for these kinds og things, and also, players play for the roleplay, and its going great without being able to be racist or sexist, and i think thats great, there is no absolut reason to say 'n****' for example, as you could just say like 'homie' or 'homeboy' etc.

Example

In real life, a woman has been sexually abused, and comes to play Fearless, then a guy starts smaking her ass, and starts saying like 'hey girl' and such (as in-character)  that might also cause traumas and such things.

Also, if this would be a thing i could easily see people abusing this to disguise rasicm and sexism slurs in OOC, and just saying it was in-character.

I also fail to see how this would inprove the server by offending people?.

And yes people do get offended behind their screens.

I personally would not be offended of rasicm or sexism, but i know alot of people who will, therefor i will give this suggestion a big -Support

Kind Regards,
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 2 users Like Jonas's post:
  • Agorith, MegaOmega
-Support

It would hurt a lot of people hearing things such as the N word.
-support

Obvious reasons stated before.