Abandon IC Racism&Sexism rule
(03-27-2016, 05:09 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Sometime during last year, we tried this out and it went to straight sh*t and was reimplemented to becoming against the rules again.
That's because as mentioned above, many people are too immature to roleplay it in a good way, and will just abuse it and call it "RP & IC" just to cover themselves.

Various types of discrimination are not allowed in many games for a reason. We should stick to that aswell.

in what way did you try it? did you remove the rules/make an announcement?
(03-27-2016, 05:11 PM)shortcat Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 05:09 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Sometime during last year, we tried this out and it went to straight sh*t and was reimplemented to becoming against the rules again.
That's because as mentioned above, many people are too immature to roleplay it in a good way, and will just abuse it and call it "RP & IC" just to cover themselves.

Various types of discrimination are not allowed in many games for a reason. We should stick to that aswell.

in what way did you try it? did you remove the rules/make an announcement?

This was when I had resigned but visited now and then. There should be some old thread about it.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
Guys, I am not talking about going full KKK-mode going around screaming "kill all n*****s", burning crosses, or getting a new outfit to match it all.
 I just think using some slurs should not be punishable since it only deepens the role play, and the character you play.
And to keep this rule only because someone might get offended? Utterly stupid. Someone will always be offended by something.
Even if you get offended IRL, get over it, stop being so sensitive behind your monitor.
Nobody knows what ethnicity the other players have, I do not see the problem that somebody may choose to refer to your model IC as a "chinese motherfucker" in a negative way.
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
The following 2 users Like Azog's post:
  • Avgar, Hitman
The problem is not the slurs, the problem is the playerbase that will just overuse it with no actual RP background whatsoever.
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • Agorith
As far as I know when the rule was in place there were no reported cases of over-abusing the rule IC, nor do I remember anyone going full KKK mode. The rule was only reverted after the split by Soul.

With this said, I find it limiting to disallow even a little bit of racism or sexism IC. I'm not for allowing sexual abuse or harassment, but being, for example, exclusive in your role play (such as not accepting people into your gang based on their race or sex) should be allowed.

+ Support with certain restrictions, such as requiring a deeper RP background to be racist or sexist (mafia, gangsters, etc.)
The following 6 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Danny Boy, Midget, summotion, Prosto, Stitch, Edned
(03-27-2016, 05:25 PM)Avgar Wrote: +Support with certain restrictions, such as requiring a deeper RP background to be racist or sexist (mafia, gangsters, etc.)

I remember when I used the "N Word" as part of RP radio chat and got banned for a day... only ban to this date.
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
+ Support

Of course it will never be allowed OOC.
But IC, it makes sense. I roleplay because I enjoy rich stories and having to make every character censored and politically correct takes away from a deep dramatic roleplay. Some of the most celebrated movies are full of sexism (The Godfather). That doesn't make it a bad movie. We don't have to support it in real life, it just adds to the roleplay.
[Image: MZRod0q.png]
The following 3 users Like Lesanka's post:
  • Azog, Agorith, Edned
-Support. Don't see how this will make RP feel any better whatsoever, just unnecessary.
+support

When the rule was initially implemented it was this,

"5.7 While you may be racist, sexist, and discriminatory IC, do not do this to excess or if it doesn’t fit your character’s roleplay. These actions must under no circumstances carry over to OOC." 

which is worded in such a way that it meant it couldn't be abused, and it wasn't, it all worked well and I don't see why it was removed

Your points are also good and the examples given back a good argument.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Zecon's post:
  • Azog
(03-27-2016, 10:24 PM)Zecon Wrote: +support

When the rule was initially implemented it was this,

"5.7 While you may be racist, sexist, and discriminatory IC, do not do this to excess or if it doesn’t fit your character’s roleplay. These actions must under no circumstances carry over to OOC." 

which is worded in such a way that it meant it couldn't be abused, and it wasn't, it all worked well and I don't see why it was removed

Your points are also good and the examples given back a good argument.

If that's how it is then +Support.