Abandon IC Racism&Sexism rule
+Support

There is guns, drugs and murder, they are a lot worse than this.

It enhances roleplay and the previous rule added when this changed should be added back.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Haarek
(03-28-2016, 03:45 PM)Fozzie Bear Wrote: -support
people will get offended and leave the community

This isn't kindergarten, this is the internet and an online community.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Azog
(03-28-2016, 11:55 AM)Baskingner Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 10:44 AM)Midget Wrote: ----

Lol Midget, believe it or not but this rule is implemented for people acting exactly like you. People who dont realise that there is someone else on the other side of the screen.
I might've been a tad bit pissed off when I wrote that, but I still believe what I wrote. If people can't handle the simplest of things then they shouldn't be playing.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(03-28-2016, 07:08 PM)Midget Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 11:55 AM)Baskingner Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 10:44 AM)Midget Wrote: ----

Lol Midget, believe it or not but this rule is implemented for people acting exactly like you. People who dont realise that there is someone else on the other side of the screen.
I might've been a tad bit pissed off when I wrote that, but I still believe what I wrote. If people can't handle the simplest of things then they shouldn't be playing.

Perfectly understandable. The gamemode (and the forums, lol) have a lot of stuff that can easily piss off people. When people are pissed off OOC they will generally transfer that to IC and vice versa, at least from my experience. 

You got frustrated by other peoples opinions, i dont blame you for that, it happens to us all. But while you were frustrated you said things youll probably regret now. What will you say when you get CDMed for the 6th time in 15 minutes? 

Allowing people to be racist will in 90% of the time get annoyed offensive people get away with throwing around racist slurs in anger. While this rule is in effect people who are angry know that theyll be punished if they "snap" so i think it will prevent a lot of snapping.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Awestruck, Haarek
That's true, you're right. I don't mind the rules in the OOC but in IC I think it should be allowed.
However if it was entirely up to me I would allow it in OOC too.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The rule suggesting adding it In character IN CHARACTER. OOC racism n stuff, will still be prohibited. That's how it was before, and no one ever bitched about this rule being in place.
The following 2 users Like Prosto's post:
  • Haarek, Doctor KuLa
-Support

What exactly would be the point of this?
It's not like people WANT this to exist in the real world, so let's try to remove it from the parts of the world where we can.

So sorry, but I don't condone your want to "RP Racism and sexism", it's just pointless hate speech and is illegal in real life, so why would we allow it on here?

EDIT: Yes, I am aware that murder, crime, etc, are also parts of RP elements, but it's not hate nor can anyone really get offended.
Criminals are not criminals because they "want" to, it's because they have to, whether to feed a drug addiction or simply to be able to buy food.

Hate speech is way too mainstream to be acceptable as an RP element.
(04-02-2016, 02:54 AM)haamster Wrote: -Support

What exactly would be the point of this?
It's not like people WANT this to exist in the real world, so let's try to remove it from the parts of the world where we can.

So sorry, but I don't condone your want to "RP Racism and sexism", it's just pointless hate speech and is illegal in real life, so why would we allow it on here?

EDIT: Yes, I am aware that murder, crime, etc, are also parts of RP elements, but it's not hate nor can anyone really get offended.
Criminals are not criminals because they "want" to, it's because they have to, whether to feed a drug addiction or simply to be able to buy food.

Hate speech is way too mainstream to be acceptable as an RP element.
We're not talking about hate speeches, we're talking about RP use of racial slang words and ethics.
Criminals are criminals because they can and want, nobody forced them to be it.
Look at Sweden. - Rape, robbery, assault is happening every day. Not because the criminals was forced to do this, but because they want too. So say such a thing is ignorant af. Take a look outside your window and you will see.
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
After much deliberation and consideration of the staff team we have decided to allow discrimination in character.

Once implemented it will have certain limitations and restrictions to make it clear.

We believe that disallowing discrimination stifles character development, therefore it will be allowed to an extent.

Rules are always subject to change and if it doesn't work out we may simply revoke it.

Note: even though this suggestion is now approved the rule is not yet in place. It will be moved to finished and a proper announcement will be made once it becomes valid on the servers.
Discrimination rule adjusted.

See below for the announcement thread link:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...#pid582680