PassiveRP Overprotected
Not being able to make rules for every situation is perfectly understandable. But we should be able to make a rule such as this:

"Watch out when using an aggressive playstyle, check first if you may be disturbing a passiveRP since that is a bannable offense"

Would at least be a guideline and some grounds to ban someone. Banning someone without a trace of grounds for it in the rules is confusing for players and staff alike and will only cause fights.
What nighthawkd said there was completely wrong. There is no such thing as ruining a passive rp. You cant sabotage it and thats it as I am aware. Also, just because old staff done something doesnt mean you do it because it aint a rule so if Decay told you jump off a bridge would you... NO so dont use that term please because its just wrong.
Where does old staff come into play Perqe? The current enforcement is based on our interpretation of the rules. If there are similarities between our viewpoints then so be it. Some of our interpretations may be based off of the experience with them.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
To be honest I pretty much go on the server to mug people, shoot people, kill the president, and burn down shops - haven't ever been banned for it, so I don't really see what the problem is.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • goigle!
When the old staff team was still here, passiveRP was pretty much embraced, for a good reason.
PassiveRP should only be allowed to be so called "ruined" if the passiveRP holders give permission for the aggressiveRPers to rob it.

It has always been like this, and honestly I don't see the problem with this. People have been banned back in the days for ruining passiveRP, and honestly it should stay as it is.
I don't see anything wrong with the current setup, because the aggressiveRPers can simply ask for permission to rob the place.

Some players want to come on the server simply to passiveRP, and do not wish to see any aggressiveness at all. Both are famous roleplay styles, and most people prefer aggressiveRP, and it is not a problem, not at all, but some people see it as a small problem for themselves.

Simple. PassiveRP is not overprotected.
The following 2 users Like Viljo's post:
  • Pear, Joulle
No matter how you dislike currentl staff, or what they doo you should be very happy, because before you could have been banned for sole reason of "promoting aggressive rp" when you decided to start firefight with cops or making raid base, or just using a gun.
The following 3 users Like Prosto's post:
  • Infernaw, Doctor KuLa, Agorith
Hitman why quote me on it. You always say "the old staff team done so". SO can i ask you where do they come into play...
(03-15-2016, 05:22 PM)Hitman Wrote: Where does old staff come into play Perqe? The current enforcement is based on our interpretation of the rules. If there are similarities between our viewpoints then so be it. Some of our interpretations may be based off of the experience with them.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Now that's the issue Hitman. You shouldn't be "interpreting" the rules. They are pretty black and white TBH.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-18-2016, 01:30 AM)Marty Wrote:
(03-15-2016, 05:22 PM)Hitman Wrote: Where does old staff come into play Perqe? The current enforcement is based on our interpretation of the rules. If there are similarities between our viewpoints then so be it. Some of our interpretations may be based off of the experience with them.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Now that's the issue Hitman. You shouldn't be "interpreting" the rules. They are pretty black and white TBH.

The rules are similar to the US constitution. Each staff member has a different interpretation for certain rules as they are not clearly black and white. Such as in what some staff consider doomfort and others do not. This is how it's always been.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Hitman's post:
  • Jonas
(03-18-2016, 02:02 AM)Hitman Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 01:30 AM)Marty Wrote:

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

The rules are similar to the US constitution. Each staff member has a different interpretation for certain rules as they are not clearly black and white. Such as in what some staff consider doomfort and others do not. This is how it's always been.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

I'm not saying things that are against the rules is seen differently by each person...however rules can never be interpreted to include something that isn't written anywhere. In a court that would be dismissed and thrown right out.

Come on guys. Play the bloody game and take a sensible approach to things.
[Image: giphy.gif]