Poll: should i get the black cvpi back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
gibbe the black cvpi back
58.82%
10 58.82%
no you idiot
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

mods don't know the rules?
On v33x today, I was a police sergeant with the black CVPI. I pulled into the lake area, and without anything being said, my car grows a lightbar and liveries.

You cannot hear the entire conversation, but what happened was I asked [FL:M] Spear why he changed the car color and extras, he said I was violating rule 12.10a which states "The police sergeant should not go undercover".

You may ask, "were you wearing anything other then the police uniform?"

The answer is no. I was wearing a standard police uniform which does not put me in violation of this rule.

I checked the other rules pertaining to undercover police sergeants and none of them applied to me having an (UNMARKED NOT UNDERCOVER) CVPI.

The other rules state
(12.10) "*UPDATED* Official Government units can not wear any other clothing than their uniform, or use non-government vehicles, unless they are undercover" Which I don't know how this could apply to me, I was in an unmarked government vehicle, not a non-government vehicle.

(12.10b) "*UPDATED* SRU or the SRU Sergeant are not allowed to go undercover as it is considered failrp" This rule just can't apply to me at all, i'm not SRU

So I want to know why my car got changed to a marked vehicle, all spear was saying was "your the police sgt you cannot be undercover", but once again, i was not undercover, I was in an unmarked vehicle.

DEFINITION OF UNDERCOVER "un·der·cov·er
ˌəndərˈkəvər/Submit
adjective
1. (of a person or their activities) involved in or involving secret work within a community or organization, especially for the purposes of police investigation or espionage.
"an undercover police operation"
synonyms: covert, secret, clandestine, incognito, underground, surreptitious, furtive, cloak-and-dagger, stealthy, hidden, concealed, backstairs, closet; More

So this definition does not apply to me being an officer wearing a uniform, but in an unmarked car, because obviously i'm not undercover, i'm an officer in an unmarked vehicle.

so all i want is my damn black CVPI back
The following 1 user Likes nicknamee's post:
  • goigle!
Your vehicle was black and there was no lightbar. We removed these modifications on your car because you were not undercover/unmarked. You were the police sergeant. A police sergeant should not have a black police cruiser without a lightbar. Your job did not even state you were unmarked. Ofcourse we removed the modifications since you had no need for it.
(03-11-2016, 07:54 PM)Spear Wrote: Your vehicle was black and there was no lightbar. We removed these modifications on your car because you were not undercover/unmarked. You were the police sergeant. A police sergeant should not have a black police cruiser without a lightbar. Your job did not even state you were unmarked. Ofcourse we removed the modifications since you had no need for it.

last time i checked, police drive unmarked cars, their job is not "UNMARKED POLICE". ever heard of highway patrol, state troopers? they drive these magical things called unmarked cars so people can't distinguish them between normal commuters and police. they wear standard police clothing, carry guns, some of them are sergeants, ironic right?
Your job still did not explain you were unmarked. Therefore your lightbar and your color got removed.
As far as I am aware, a black, unmarked CVPI (no lightbar) should be allowed. Multiple Police Officers use this and wear full police uniforms when doing so. It is more common among Supervisors (EX: SGT.) and Detectives however.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(03-11-2016, 08:18 PM)Spear Wrote: Your job still did not explain you were unmarked. Therefore your lightbar and your color got removed.

I have an issue with this comment.
Your ingame job doesnt have to say that youre driving an unmarked vehicle. The fact that someone is driving in an unmarked vehicle doesnt mean he has a different job. A police officer who drives a normal car has the exact same job as an officer who drives in an unmarked vehicle.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • nicknamee
Moderators do not have access to change bodygroups of cars. Only color. So that raises the question as to who modified the bodygroup?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
Come on now. Is it really that big of a deal? The click bait title tho
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 3 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Danny Boy, Agorith, Skummet
(03-11-2016, 09:36 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Come on now. Is it really that big of a deal? The click bait title tho

It kind of is that big of a deal because if staff members go around just making all kinds of unauthorized modifications to vehicles it is abuse. I am not saying this case is, but if someone is going around doing it repeatedly.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
The following 2 users Like Hitman's post:
  • Gog, goigle!
(03-11-2016, 07:54 PM)Spear Wrote: Your vehicle was black and there was no lightbar. We removed these modifications on your car because you were not undercover/unmarked. You were the police sergeant. A police sergeant should not have a black police cruiser without a lightbar. Your job did not even state you were unmarked. Ofcourse we removed the modifications since you had no need for it.
and why should it? Unmarked police cars are largely used for traffic enforcement. Undercover and unmarked are two very different things.

Undercover = no lights/sirens, maybe a radio (used in undercover operations)
Unmarked = No markings

Unmarked cars will more often than not (unless it's a detective) have a uniformed officer (so the public knows they are being pulled over by a cop and not some hack with lights)

fuck, I'm making a video explaining this shit

also, shouldn't a vehicle be removed instead of modified?

(03-11-2016, 08:18 PM)Spear Wrote: Your job still did not explain you were unmarked. Therefore your lightbar and your color got removed.
If that was the real problem then removing the color would be the only needed action.
Also, the lightbar was not removed.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]