Additional UBR rule
+support

(03-08-2016, 01:28 PM)DVN Wrote: I agree with this, it's only fair as both parties are treat with exactly the same rules.
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
(03-08-2016, 02:00 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 01:48 PM)Marty Wrote: -Support

Players cannot be expected to know when a staff member is going to reply to them to constantly check their UBR.

I would support this if the player was to receive a forum PM, or a steam message to so it is in limbo. As quite often UBR's can get lost when the forum is in a mess. Or they can be missed by the player.

Also in retaliation someone might reply that staff members shouldn't be expected to reply to one in 7 days....but yes, yes they should given the size of the team and they are aware of the role they take on and what it involves.

FYI: Staff are not notified about it either.
Users can easily monitor their threads through the User CP menu, and even toggle e-mail notifications if that would be the case.

Staff may not be notified of UBR however given it is a duty they are tasked with they are expected to monitor them, which is the case.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-08-2016, 02:23 PM)Marty Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 01:48 PM)Marty Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

Staff may not be notified of UBR however given it is a duty they are tasked with they are expected to monitor them, which is the case.

If a person creates a request, it's also their responsibility to keep an eye on it.
As mentioned, you can receive notifications. It's not up to staff to hold someone's hand throughout a UBR they made themselves to begin with.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 2 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Agorith, Tomo
(03-08-2016, 02:29 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
-snip-

If a person creates a request, it's also their responsibility to keep an eye on it.
As mentioned, you can receive notifications. It's not up to staff to hold someone's hand throughout a UBR they made themselves to begin with.

I totally agree with you however let me put my -Support into a contextual situation.

I am banned for 2 weeks, I post an unban request however circumstances arise which leads me to then forget about said UBR, an admin replies saying "I don't understand bla bla bla please explain" they then close the UBR as I have not had the chance to reply. I attempt to contact the admin in question whenI return only for them to either A: ignore my PM, or B state that it's already too late whilst not giving a fuck about my personal circumstances. So I then post another UBR only for it to be instantly denied and I receive a warning.

Do you see how that would be unfair ? Now you may say Admins have life's too that means they may not be able to do things for a certain amount of time, however there is another 14 staff members that could pick up that workload.
(03-08-2016, 02:37 PM)Marty Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 02:29 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
-snip-

I totally agree with you however let me put my -Support into a contextual situation.

I am banned for 2 weeks, I post an unban request however circumstances arise which leads me to then forget about said UBR, an admin replies saying "I don't understand bla bla bla please explain" they then close the UBR as I have not had the chance to reply. I attempt to contact the admin in question whenI return only for them to either A: ignore my PM, or B state that it's already too late whilst not giving a fuck about my personal circumstances. So I then post another UBR only for it to be instantly denied and I receive a warning.

Do you see how that would be unfair ? Now you may say Admins have life's too that means they may not be able to do things for a certain amount of time, however there is another 14 staff members that could pick up that workload.

I fully understand your opinion. However, it will only make it fair for both sides.

And like I mentioned earlier, the admin is not allowed to close it earlier, which happens sometimes nowadays. 
Let's say NOW, you'll make a UBR and not respond in 2 days. The second day, the admin tells you to reply within 24h. You don't see this because you're busy with something else. You come back on day 4 and see that your UBR has been closed. 

With the potential new rule, you will know that your UBR will remain untouched for 7 days. Usually when a player is banned and make a UBR, they're pretty eager and keep their thread on check. But if they need evidence for double accounting or hacking, they have that time to gather all they need.

However, if someone doesn't respond to a request they made themselves, they show no interest in continuing the request. This also happens IRL. If you don't respond to a support ticket, usually in 5 business days, it gets automatically closed.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • Marty
I'm going to stop quoting as its making the threads massive lol

Anyway, if this could be implemented but as a side if personal circumstances come up and you speak to the admin, they may use their discretion to re-open the case.

As currently if you try and explain something todo me staff members they literally could not give a fuck about your point, principle or circumstance. I know, I sent one admin 4 PM's over a singular subject all were read and this spiteful being did not have a shred of respect to even reply.
+Support

Just fair
+support

Seems fair for the admin side aswell.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
Major +Support.

Great idea.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
+support
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]