content size & community input
(03-03-2016, 03:32 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: I never really cared about content size. But to answer your question on that vote thing. All developers including owner agreed that the suggestion Ghostkiller made has too many flaws and will not be compactible with upcoming change in content WHICH is why updates won't come for a while as we have to be careful with this one.
Second point is that I disagree that clans should get such exclusive content. I just diagree. But when all developers disagree to do this then who is going to do it? There is one fact - We are not paid for what we are doing. So basically we do which update we think is important. You can disagree and tell us that it is OUR job to do what community wants but we're not pets.

Not to mention we're humans aswell so we got our lifes. Don't forget though, I'm a modeller that means I have very limited access to some things like RELEASING UPDATES atleast for now.

This is my response. I expect flame incoming on this one.

I am sorry to be blunt here but if you're not going to make updates which you don't like, why are you a developer? You've just openly said that if none of you like the update you won't make it. It's not your server, it's everyone server. We, the community whole-heartly have stated we want clan models. 

Equally, don't just say that there is 'too many flaws and will not be compataible' because that is complete rubbish. What I have requested in the suggestion is nothing complex at-all, I in fact could code something like the suggestion in python it would be that simple. I made sure that the suggestion I posted was as simple as possible. There is no error checking; you can copy and paste the code from the admin suits which was something I thought about for you when coding the suggestion.

The suggestion stated would work exactly the same as admins suits there would be nothing different so you saying 'it's not technically possible' or 'will not be compatible' is incorrect. So if you're going to lie to us, please don't treat us like idiots because I myself code but in another language and this is possible.
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Link, aviator
(03-03-2016, 04:08 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 03:32 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: I never really cared about content size. But to answer your question on that vote thing. All developers including owner agreed that the suggestion Ghostkiller made has too many flaws and will not be compactible with upcoming change in content WHICH is why updates won't come for a while as we have to be careful with this one.
Second point is that I disagree that clans should get such exclusive content. I just diagree. But when all developers disagree to do this then who is going to do it? There is one fact - We are not paid for what we are doing. So basically we do which update we think is important. You can disagree and tell us that it is OUR job to do what community wants but we're not pets.

Not to mention we're humans aswell so we got our lifes. Don't forget though, I'm a modeller that means I have very limited access to some things like RELEASING UPDATES atleast for now.

I am sorry to be blunt here but if you're not going to make updates which you don't like, why are you a developer? You've just openly said that if none of you like the update you won't make it. It's not your server, it's everyone server. We, the community whole-heartly have stated we want clan models. 

Equally, don't just say that there is 'too many flaws and will not be compataible' because that is complete rubbish. What I have requested in the suggestion is nothing complex at-all, I in fact could code something like the suggestion in python it would be that simple. I made sure that the suggestion I posted was as simple as possible. There is no error checking, you can copy and paste the code from the admin suits.

The suggestion stated would work exactly the same as admins suits. So if you're going to lie to us, please don't treat us like idiots.

I know I'm not a Dev and I do not plan on being one.

If someone is added or removed in the files, it has a possibly of causing a bug that can take the server down until it is added or removed. If only one of these models are incompatible, it can cause havoc in the files.

Please don't start a war as I won't respond if you or anyone else does.
(03-03-2016, 04:13 PM)Gogson8 Wrote:

Equally, don't just say that there is 'too many flaws and will not be compataible' because that is complete rubbish. What I have requested in the suggestion is nothing complex at-all, I in fact could code something like the suggestion in python it would be that simple. I made sure that the suggestion I posted was as simple as possible. There is no error checking, you can copy and paste the code from the admin suits.

The suggestion stated would work exactly the same as admins suits. So if you're going to lie to us, please don't treat us like idiots.

If someone is added or removed in the files, it has a possibly of causing a bug that can take the server down until it is added or removed. If only one of these models are incompatible, it can cause havoc in the files.

I am not here to start a war, I am here to post my opinion which I am fully allowed to do.

'If someone is added or removed in the files, it has a possibly of causing a bug that can take the server down until it is added or removed. If only one of these models are incompatible, it can cause havoc in the files.'

What? Firstly, if you're not a dev, then why are you talking like one? Secondly, your sentence is hardly in English so my assumption of what you mean might be a bit off.

There is a reason why there is a test server that is used, there will always be bugs(unless coded by a professional). However, with bugs comes fixes and syntax checks can easily be performed. There would be no logical errors in the code and the only possible code that could perform such a thing would be an invalid FOR loop but equally wouldn't be complex. Also, if one of the models was to be 'incompatible' then we could simply choose another model. It's not difficult, it is just mere excuses because they do not like the idea.
(03-03-2016, 04:18 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

I am not here to start a war, I am here to post my opinion which I am fully allowed to do.

'If someone is added or removed in the files, it has a possibly of causing a bug that can take the server down until it is added or removed. If only one of these models are incompatible, it can cause havoc in the files.'

What? Firstly, if you're not a dev, then why are you talking like one? Secondly, your sentence is hardly in English so my assumption of what you mean might be a bit off.

There is a reason why there is a test server that is used, there will always be bugs(unless coded by a professional). However, with bugs comes fixes and syntax checks can easily be performed. There would be no logical errors in the code and the only possible code that could perform such a thing would be an invalid FOR loop but equally wouldn't be complex. Also, if one of the models was to be 'incompatible' then we could simply choose another model. It's not difficult, it is just mere excuses because they do not like the idea.

It's not easy as you think. Let me tell you a thing. I got rank of developer. But I have a very limited access to such things. How can you expect me to do anything? Also the beta server was not updated until last week. But I still can't do things alone because of the lack of access. It's so depressing to even read things like this thread. But I guess we're to blame for such things to happen.

What I wanted to say - What can I do then?

The following 1 user Likes DarkN00b's post:
  • Gog
(03-03-2016, 04:28 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:

It's not easy as you think. Let me tell you a thing. I got rank of developer. But I have a very limited access to such things. How can you expect me to do anything? Also the beta server was not updated until last week. But I still can't do things alone because of the lack of access. It's so depressing to even read things like this thread. But I guess we're to blame for such things to happen.

So what's your point, DarkN00b?
Ghostkiller's suggestion will work fine.
(03-03-2016, 04:28 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:

Well, as I have have stated you are merely copying the code from the admin suit and re-pasting it with the alteration of new variables(for the globals) and you can keep the same locals. You then alter the code for the certain suit and then you have implemented the models. I don't know the code that you've written for the models so I can't say how you'd implement them but that is your part. 

Well, if you don't have access to them, then this is something that should be taken up with Soul. I personally don't see how on earth you can even produce the code if you're unable to test them as when I make utility programs I would need to error check certain parts multiple times. I guess you should ask for an old version of FL of which you can test to implement the suits as the code for the suits wouldn't have changed as there has been nothing to change.
As it stands, people who want more content/ updates/ bugfixes (there are a lot) are just left in the dark about everything. They have no reason to stay because they do not know when/ if FL will get another update.

For me especially it's the lack of transparency we get about it all. If you ask a question about a possible update you are either just ignored or the developers say "We can't tell you". Why? it's not exactly anything secret, I mean it's an FL update ffs not a top secret government operation. I understand not saying when something will be released because if you have to delay then there will be even more annoyed people, but you can at least say what is being worked on.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 2 users Like Huskii's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, Awestruck
(03-03-2016, 04:46 PM)Huskii Wrote: As it stands, people who want more content/ updates/ bugfixes (there are a lot) are just left in the dark about everything. They have no reason to stay because they do not know when/ if FL will get another update.

For me especially it's the lack of transparency we get about it all. If you ask a question about a possible update you are either just ignored or the developers say "We can't tell you". Why? it's not exactly anything secret, I mean it's an FL update ffs not a top secret government operation. I understand not saying when something will be released because if you have to delay then there will be even more annoyed people, but you can at least say what is being worked on.

The issue is that they could state that they're going to do an update but then they get to coding and then they hit an error which is complex to fix and then ditch the project. So they don't want to say they're going to do an update but are unable to actually do it. 

I've personally had to do the same as sometimes it's just not within my capabilities to code a certain thing.
Because the powers that be think we use potatoes powered by windows 95 with no hard drive space to boot.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”

not sure what you're referring to in regards to change in content but I know of one community that has already implemented clan logos (as props) and suits to great success

as for exclusive content, I see what you're saying

I understand you have lives, I'm a developer as well. I manage about 10 servers (only a handful I actively develop for) and a few mods for various games - balancing pleasing all the users that want updates and working my job and school is tough. Real life first, I completely understand,
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  •