regarding backseat administration
(02-19-2016, 02:40 PM)Simply Goose Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 02:38 PM)Htman Wrote: More suted for dscussons.

Moved.

Htman
Fearless Admnstrator

i'm going to take your eyes

don't worry, I saved you the trouble
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Tomo
(02-18-2016, 10:08 PM)the_demoman1337 Wrote: Yeah someone got banned for defending himself (himself is the police sergeant) against a teammate (police officer) who started shooting him due to the sergeant informing him that he will be demoted for randomly discharging his weapon into the air. At which the officer then attacked the sergeant with his pistol leaving the sergeant with the only option which was defend himself. Both got banned for teamkilling.

I agree that the teamkilling rule should have the sub-rule of the stated "Stand your ground".

I believe that Officer in whom was banned for that was me actually. It was in the jails if this is the correct situation. Between me and Freddie
To a certain extent, I don't see a problem with backseat administrating. If a propkiller goes wild, I wouldn't consider it a problem to handcuff/tie him, as he's literally making it impossible to RP.
But.. If we started to RDM other people to punish them for RDMing you for example, the server would be chaotic
The following 4 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Agorith, Reebs, aDisabledDeer, Emil
(02-20-2016, 12:01 AM)Greed^ Wrote: To a certain extent, I don't see a problem with backseat administrating. If a propkiller goes wild, I wouldn't consider it a problem to handcuff/tie him, as he's literally making it impossible to RP.
But.. If we started to RDM other people to punish them for RDMing you for example, the server would be chaotic

I fully agree here. 

Backseat Administration has always been a gray area in my opinion, and I feel that it's time that it be made black and white. 

Who agrees?
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 1 user Likes Reebs's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
(02-20-2016, 04:47 AM)Reebs Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:01 AM)Greed^ Wrote: -snip-

I feel that it's time that it be made black and white. 

racist
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • User 14519, Haarek
I was blacklisted for shooting someone who started attacking and shooting me - I didn't kill him, I just shot him and I got a 2 hour weapons blacklist because he killed 2 people and started shooting at me.

I think the ability and rule to kill someone on your team who is trying to kill you should be brought back, I didn't even realise it had been removed - backseat administrating to a certain extent, like Greed said, should be allowed.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
As stated in other threads, backseat administration is not allowed because if we allow people to take matters into their own hands then people will start doing so in mass. It will start to become an excuse for people who RDM if we let them off by saying "Oh he was a minge breaking the rules". It will lead to very complicated scenarios and the question of the thread would go from "why can't we backseat admin" to "Why can you backseat admin this and not this", and then people interpret the rules in their own way, the same way some people think that because you're a black market dealer you can raid because you do illegal stuff.

Then, there will be scenarios in where people would complain because one user killed a prop pusher and didn't get banned yet someone else did and got banned. People will start screaming inequality, that the team is biased towards certain players, and honestly, it would generate more problems than it would fix.

Most people that backseat admin do not gather evidence when doing so and logs have no way of showing someone prop pushing a car, all you can see is that the person spawned a specific prop, that's it.

Yes, I agree there are several scenarios that might not have been entirely fair on everyone involved and that it doesn't seem fair from an outside perspective. I personally wouldn't punish someone who's defending themselves as long as it's clear that they are doing so. The main thing is that the server is full of minges as it is, last thing we need to do is say that it's okay to backseat admin if the person is breaking the rules, that would just cause more and more chaos and even though people state that they just want backseat Admining to be more lenient with the likes of prop pushers and minges who cause chaos on a server-wide level, it wouldn't take long for people to gradually start incorporating other rule breakages as an excuse to backseat Admin saying "I've backseat admin'd before and the admin said it was okay"

If you're not an Admin, there's no way of us knowing if you truly understand ALL of the rules and know how to apply a punishment regarding the situation.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
I can understand that partially but it is already biased. I admit I backseat Administrated to a Mass RDM which I was banned for. I was banned for a day for backseat and Team killing yet the Mass RDM'R got the same punishment and he killed team members and randomly executed prisoners too. So the banning time is partially biased.

Also if there are no staff on and you get a "minge" fest. What the hell are you suppose to do? Sit there and let your RP get ruined! No you stop it. I don't see what is wrong with that if you get a Mass RDM'r or Pro Pusher for example you cuff them to stop them doing anything and you get punished for saving peoples RP.