Un-ban request - Gidz
Your name: Gidz

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:54231546

Your ban ID: 69853

Banned by: [FL] Avgar

Reason: "Instructing players on how to build propmingy UFO carousels"

Involved: [FL: DJ]TheGamerGuyGBR

Why we should unban you:
After numerous native tests for our prototype for our Area 51 RP. The tests were in fact deemed negative as to the allegations of "prop smashing", "prop killing" and "mingery". Only out of context tests performed by the administrator: [FL]Avgar were pushed beyond the device's safe limits caused unexpected reactions with the prop collisions.
The issues that were raised by the administrator were cleared as safe during the native testing, therefore fit for the RP purpose of construction.

Other players that we allegedly instructed on creating the device were in fact constructing their own un authorized out of RP variations which I personally deemed un safe and did not encourage or endorse the use of. The only similarity between our safe version with their un authorized variations of our machine were the tools used for construction.

I on behalf of myself and [FL: DJ]TheGamerGuyGBR take no responsibility or affiliation with the naivety and ignorance to server rules of the players that adapted our devices so that they can create purposefully damaging and "minging" props.
(02-16-2016, 05:39 PM)Mr.Gidz Wrote: After numerous native tests for our prototype for our Area 51 RP. The tests were in fact deemed negative as to the allegations of "prop smashing", "prop killing" and "mingery".
What do you mean by native? And who were the people that deemed the 'tests' negative? Because as you said in-game, no admins or moderators have given you permission to make UFOs that would fly/spazz all around the city and the skies, moving around cars and bumping into dupes, as well as walls.

(02-16-2016, 05:39 PM)Mr.Gidz Wrote: Only out of context tests performed by the administrator: [FL]Avgar were pushed beyond the device's safe limits caused unexpected reactions with the prop collisions.
I have given you ample opportunity to show me how the dupe is safe.
  1. We tested it in a closed environment, which was Cub Foods.
  2. We tested the case of the UFO getting stuck in a very tight space, which could have very well have happened, had it been on the loose in the city and managed to fly into a custom dupe - ended in propkill as getting caught between the device and a wall has a high chance of causing death.
  3. Then we even tested it loose in the city, which was, as you described 'the most safe place' to do it in. This ended with cars getting pushed around violently, even though the dupe was only loose for several minutes.

(02-16-2016, 05:39 PM)Mr.Gidz Wrote: The issues that were raised by the administrator were cleared as safe during the native testing, therefore fit for the RP purpose of construction.
Again, you make the claim that someone cleared it as safe, who? Certainly not an administrator. And certainly not to be loose in the city.

(02-16-2016, 05:39 PM)Mr.Gidz Wrote: Other players that we allegedly instructed on creating the device were in fact constructing their own un authorized out of RP variations which I personally deemed un safe and did not encourage or endorse the use of. The only similarity between our safe version with their un authorized variations of our machine were the tools used for construction.
Even the 'perfect' and 'safe' version you described and demonstrated to me in detail is not safe, as you call it. There is still a chance of propkill and once I gave you the chance to spawn one in the city, to see it's effects, it violently pushed around several cars in the span of just a couple of minutes. Therefore, you were instructing players to make an unsafe contraption that is not meant to be used, especially not if it's roaming free in the city, which, as you described was 'the safe way'.

(02-16-2016, 05:39 PM)Mr.Gidz Wrote: I on behalf of myself and [FL: DJ]TheGamerGuyGBR take no responsibility or affiliation with the naivety and ignorance to server rules of the players that adapted our devices so that they can create purposefully damaging and "minging" props.
It is not the adaptations that you are being blamed for, as even your original and allegedly 'safe' version that you were instructing the players to build is not safe at all.
Unfortunately I am unable to reply in length due to problems with php_length. I have been trying all morning and my replies are being deleted.
Unfortunately I must close this thread as I am not wasting any more time writing answers when the auto-mod is removing my submissions.
I recommend using a website such as http://pastebin.com and posting your reply there, then posting a link here to your paste.

I'll keep this open for 24 more hours in case you change your mind.
Thank you for your suggestion, Avgar but there's no need, I'd rather just accept the punishment and not dwell or waste anymore of our time on it.

All the best,
Gidz
Fair enough.

Unban request denied as the banned player no longer wishes to pursue being unbanned.