UBR Perqe
Your name: (Perqe)

Your SteamID: (STEAM_0:0:104938071)

Your ban ID: (69706)

Banned by: ([FL] NightHawkd)

Reason: (Raiding a passiveRP office for no reason // 8th ban)

Involved: ()

Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this - secondly, I would like to add that in the ban reason it was stated that this is my 8th ban, however the last ban was lifted on 18th december last year, almost three months ago and I've shown considerable player improvement since as clear by my record.

I would like to state that in the reason you mentioned I raided a passiveRP for no reason, I would like to highlight the following raid rules;

Raid rules

14.1 Do not raid as a Citizen without changing your job name.
14.2 You need a valid reason to raid the President.
14.2a You cannot raid the President solely to earn money.
14.2b You cannot raid the President solely because of high taxes.
14.2c You cannot raid the President because you do not like certain laws, unless they drastically impact your character. For example: Cars being banned from the city is not a valid reason.
14.2d You cannot raid the President solely as retaliation for being arrested or warned by police due to your own actions, i.e. you cannot raid just because you were arrested for speeding or mugging someone.
14.3 Do not switch jobs with the sole intention of joining a raid (powergaming). This also applies to custom jobs.
14.4 You must have a valid reason to raid players, i.e. contraband, burglary, and needing to take hostages are all valid reasons.

It does not state in these rules that passiveRP's cannot be raid firstly, so this ban is invalid. Secondly - a definition of raid is as follows:

raid
reɪd/
noun

a rapid surprise attack on an enemy by troops, aircraft, or other armed forces.

I would object that lock picking a door, in public view, with other people standing around would not be considered "a surprise attack".

Also mentioned on the UBR was that it was passive in the first place, this is not clear as the building is locked from the outside so I have absolutely no way of know what type of roleplay it contains as previous many aggressive roleplays have been held in that building over the years SAA for example.

My points above are valid and I hope you review this with full intelligence;

Thank you,
Perqe
How does that permit you to lock pick your way into a building because you were "curious"?

And I believe that definition is referring to an air raid.
Hitman
Fearless Administrator
How does that amount to a "Raid" this is the point we are talking about, we are not discussing what requirements there have to be to lockpick a door, we are discussing why I have been banned for 'raiding' as stated in my post, my actions do not amount to 'raiding' and therefore the ban is invalid.
14.4 You must have a valid reason to raid players, i.e. contraband, burglary, and needing to take hostages are all valid reasons.

^ You had no reason at all to forcibly enter the building. There was no contraband or any reason for you enter the building at all. It was locked as we did not want anyone to enter. Raiding a passiveRP has always been a bannable offence even back when the old staff team was around they did just the same.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
You forced your way into the building thus it is a form of is a raid.

You even acknowledge that it was a raid when NightHawk was speaking to you.

Quote:v2d [00:32:35] [FL:RP] Perqe (STEAM_0:0:104938071) said: .// I was just simply checking
v2d [00:32:48] [FL:RP] Perqe (STEAM_0:0:104938071) said: .// Didnt mean it to be a raid sorry
v2d [00:32:53] [FL:RP] Perqe (STEAM_0:0:104938071) said: .// i do apologise for that
v2d [00:33:05] [FL:RP] Perqe (STEAM_0:0:104938071) said: .// But also adding im just curious whats inside
v2d [00:33:26] [FL:RP] Perqe (STEAM_0:0:104938071) said: .// I hope you havent took any offence

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
Nighthawkd, thanks for your prompt response however I would like to highlight yet again, the point you seem to have missed - which is the fact that my actions did not amount to lock picking a door. It is not stated in the rules, clearly, what a RAID is considered to be however the average person will believe that a raid consists of an attack using weapons of some respect e.g. molotoving a base and running in with guns.

E.G #2 'RAIDING' the president means launching an attack with weapons on him.

Me lock picking the door displayed no weapons and the lockpick is actually in the black market section, not weapons - for a reason.
When I said 'didn't mean for it to be a raid' this is not me admitting it was a raid, as I would have said 'sorry for raiding' if this was the case, me saying 'I didn't mean for it to be a raid' is very clear because it shows that it wasn't my intention and infact, my actions didn't even deem it a raid.

Thank you
Fearless, like most game-modes and games, has its own terminology. 'Raiding' typically means forcibly entering a building you aren't supposed to be in, or the 'real' raiding where you enter with weapons. From the looks of everything, you didn't have a valid reason to break into the office building, which is required by rule 14.4. Sorry for any confusion with the terminology. I can change the wording of the ban if you wish.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
Noda, Please quote the rule or FL stated term where it says "'Raiding' typically means forcibly entering a building you aren't supposed to be in, or the 'real' raiding where you enter with weapons."

Thanks
The definition of 'raiding' has changed slightly over time to how the community interprets it. What I meant by Fearless having it's own terminology is that the definition of words on Fearless are adapted to how the community uses them. Players on FL typically use the term 'Raid' to describe any breaking and entering. The rules were written with this terminology in mind.

Another example is players saying 'RDA', which typed out is 'Random Death Arrest', which doesn't make much sense, but the playerbase has adapted the term to mean 'random arrest'.

The way the community uses words is not written in stone. The word 'raid' on FL, while I have been here, has always meant forcing your way into somewhere, or attacking a base.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]