Make Homophobia Against the Rules
Title of Suggestion: Make homophobia against the rules.

Description: Rule 1.13 states... :

'1.13 Racism, sexism and discrimination is not allowed OOC and IC.'

This rule does not include the act of homophobia-'Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men', or any other type of prejudice.

Discrimination is the way an individual physically acts towards another person or group as a result of their prejudiced view. For example, not letting someone in your roleplay because of their sex or race. This rule also does not cover any other prejudiced views, such as ageism.

Prejudice is a rigid set of attitudes or beliefs towards particular groups of people, which includes name calling.

This rule, in its current form, allows homophobia and ageism to be used in Fearless, which I know many of you will agree with me, isn't right.

Why: It is unethical to refer to someone as a derogatory term for a homosexual person, as is it denying their beliefs and sexual preferences.
It is not fair to the induvidual as they may see themselves as an outsider or outcast if this term is applied to their person.
I find it odd how this has not already been included in the rules.

I find this hard to believe that this was intentional, but hopefully now that I have pointed this out, the rule can be re-worded to include all types of prejudice, not just the two mentioned: racism and sexism.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 3 users Like Link's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Zan, Bowiii
As someone from the LGBT community, I would say that Homophobia falls under discrimination.

However, I wouldn't be against adding it in there for extra clarification for newer players

So +Support as I have been the victim of this a few times.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Link
+Support
-Support
Just please.
https://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
The following 2 users Like Doctor KuLa's post:
  • Demonic, sebasti161
+Support.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
+Support
[Image: giphy.gif]
Sure why not.
+Support
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
I just class it as discrimination anyways, but sure why not state it specifically. +Support
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
+Support

As Tomo said I believe it would come under discrimination, that being said I don't agree with it and would see no problem with it being added.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Link
It is already against the rules - it is classed as discrimination.

So +Support - I guess.
Ex-Server Teacher