UBL Request
Your name: [FL:RP] a Disabled Deer

Your blacklist ID:  72280, 72281

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40513167

Reason: 12.7, Firing upon fellow government members

Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL] Hitman

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: In the report I posted Hitman said 'there is no rule that allows you to shoot a member of your team - call an admin'; well there was, how was I to know it was changed when there was no post or ingame message that was clear or obvious for me to look at? I feel I know the rules enough to not have to look at them every single day to see if they have been altered - also, I haven't had an admin respond to me for 3 months, and I have made a wide variety of @ calls, so 'calling an admin' was out of the question, since their lack of responding has deterred me.

I had not known there was a change to rule, I think, 12.7b; which allowed me to use force against a government member if they are a threat to me or the public - the staff team are kept up to date through meetings on rule changes, whereas players are left in the dark and punished when we break a rule which we had not known was changed. At the end of the day, I work for a living, and I come on this server for enjoyment, not to study the rules day in day out to make sure there has not been an under-hand rule change.
Ever since the rules were altered back in may there had never been any rule "12.7b" that stated you can fire back at a friendly.

Post announcing new rules back in May: http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid...=479025#pi

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
If you wouldn't mind reading that post you yourself posted and looking at rules 12.8 and 12.8a, you'll see where I'm coming from.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
I did not see that originally.

However being here for as long as you have, you are responsible enough to make sure you are up to date with the rules which clearly was not done.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
(01-31-2016, 07:40 PM)Hitman Wrote: I did not see that originally.

However being here for as long as you have, you are responsible enough to make sure you are up to date with the rules which clearly was not done.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

How could I keep up to date with them when there has been no posts informing me that that individual rule has been changed?

Am I therefore expected to read through the rules every day when you as a staff member are informed in a meeting? Surely it's your responsibility to inform the player base that the rules have changed, especially if there has not been a post about that specific rule.
(01-31-2016, 08:03 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

How could I keep up to date with them when there has been no posts informing me that that individual rule has been changed?

Am I therefore expected to read through the rules every day when you as a staff member are informed in a meeting? Surely it's your responsibility to inform the player base that the rules have changed, especially if there has not been a post about that specific rule.

With the rules readily available to you at any given moment via the F1 menu and the rules page on the forums there is no excuse for not being up to date especially for a highly experienced player such as yourself.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
(02-01-2016, 12:11 AM)Hitman Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 08:03 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

With the rules readily available to you at any given moment via the F1 menu and the rules page on the forums there is no excuse for not being up to date especially for a highly experienced player such as yourself.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Without knowing there was a change in the rules, I'm not going to scroll through the rules list and meticulously look through every rule to see if it has been altered - that's your responsibility as a staff team to ensure the player base are informed of changes.
The rules were updated during a time Hitman wasn't a staff member if I'm correct.
Don't blame this on someone who had nothing to do with the past.

We understood the confusion with the rules, so you were handed out a small blacklist instead of anything worse. We have plenty of rulebreakers that aren't aware of every single rule, but we still need to take action against it most of the time.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
I wasnt blaming Hitman - I was blaming the lack of transparency between staff and player.

The rule that I'm accused of breaking was changed without a post or ingame message - so how was I to know it had been removed? Even in that link that Hitman posted, the rule 12.8 is still there; which allows me to shoot someone on my team trying to take my life.

I've been on this server for around 850 hours - so I don't need to continuously check every single rule, day in and day out, to make sure that nothing has been changed. That should be the responsibility of the staff team to ensure that people like me are informed when a rule is removed so we don't end up breaking something that we didn't know was removed.
And if you're going to try to argue that I should have re-read the rules, why should I have? I have enough hours to know all the rules, but I was not aware that that specific rule was removed as there was no post or message by the staff administration to inform the player base that it had happened.
(02-01-2016, 12:33 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: I was blaming the lack of transparency between staff and player.

How can a public thread and open rules on F1 not be transparent enough for you?
You opened friendly fire against a teammate, and it was dealt with.
As stated, I see players with 500 hours break the most obvious rules there is. As a staff member, Hitman took action against the rule violation, with a minor punishment.

Since the blacklist is proven valid, what do you expect from this unblacklist request?
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]