Poll: Bring V2P back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
77.11%
64 77.11%
No.
22.89%
19 22.89%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V2P
(04-05-2016, 03:32 PM)Kispasp Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 08:38 PM)Pear Wrote: V2p was my favourite map, but what Grub said is 100% true.

But we are a bigger community now, my idea was put it up for a week or so just as an experiment to see if it will work, besides, third time lucky, Hopefully

You are right that we are bigger community, but if I remember correctly the consistency of amount of players playing on the servers is almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

Sure, it would be great the first two/three weeks. Maybe a month. But later, you would see that the map is just too big. You see every player every 5-10 minutes even with full server. The city having too many buildings (most in the back and not on the main street makes it even worse for RP).

After a couple of weeks or months, when player base of v2p goes down (guarantee it), it will be a ghost town, well, more likely a ghost map. Every player hiding in their own building across the map. Nobody is going to roleplay at all. All contraband.

Sadly, v2p was my favourite map and I spent around 800 hours on it. Maybe even more. Since the release of the map on the servers till the end of the map.

The map itself is just too big and way unoptimized for RP reasons. The layout is bad.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Pear's post:
  • Baskingner
(04-05-2016, 03:42 PM)Pear Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 03:32 PM)Kispasp Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 08:38 PM)Pear Wrote: V2p was my favourite map, but what Grub said is 100% true.

But we are a bigger community now, my idea was put it up for a week or so just as an experiment to see if it will work, besides, third time lucky, Hopefully

You are right that we are bigger community, but if I remember correctly the consistency of amount of players playing on the servers is almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

Sure, it would be great the first two/three weeks. Maybe a month. But later, you would see that the map is just too big. You see every player every 5-10 minutes even with full server. The city having too many buildings (most in the back and not on the main street makes it even worse for RP).

After a couple of weeks or months, when player base of v2p goes down (guarantee it), it will be a ghost town, well, more likely a ghost map. Every player hiding in their own building across the map. Nobody is going to roleplay at all. All contraband.

Sadly, v2p was my favourite map and I spent around 800 hours on it. Maybe even more. Since the release of the map on the servers till the end of the map.

The map itself is just too big and way unoptimized for RP reasons. The layout is bad.
As much as i want to argue my point more you do know a lot more about v2p as you were there when it was up, What if we blocked up an area or so with a world prop? then it will be smaller, (As you can see im desperate for v2p)
YES! DO IT! JUST DO IT!
I wasn't around when V2P was there but I have had a look at it on sandbox and it looks very good.
How did i joined this community? well I joined the V2P server and thats! how i did meet some friends in here and having a fun!

Bring V2P!

The map v2p is good when it has a lot of players on.
We should try v2p on v33x for 3days and see if the community play it I think fearless has grown since then.
And if it is successful we make the 3rd server
(04-09-2016, 04:24 PM)Bradlee Wrote: We should try v2p on v33x for 3days and see if the community play it I think fearless has grown since then.
And if it is successful we make the 3rd server

The current servers barely ever fill up. Why would we need a third?
close down the other 2 servers, then put this one up, see how it fills up
(04-09-2016, 04:40 PM)kimo kamal ( vito scalletta ) Wrote: close down the other 2 servers, then put this one up, see how it fills up

This is actually the most stupidest idea I have heard in a while.
The following 4 users Like cookiro's post:
  • MegaOmega, Xesus, mintblackbeard, Pear