Poll: Bring V2P back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
77.11%
64 77.11%
No.
22.89%
19 22.89%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V2P
Bring it back!!!
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Do it nao
[Image: fyBYJXx.png]
Bring... It... Back.

(That was not a question.)
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
This is how I see it.

V33X currently as it stands gets a good 60/75 people each day at peak. If we were to completely swap this out for V2P then we'd see a lot of these players not playing anymore because the map has changed.

Due to this, I don't think it's appropriate for the maps to be switched 1:1. I do however think it would be good to get V2P as a third server. Let it run for 1 month and see how it goes and how many people are on it.

The only issue I could see from this occurring though is that the player base would be spread even more and result in there being even less on V2D and V33X.

At the end of the day it's not up to me what occurs but I hope these points are looked at carefully as there could be some serious repercussions if the wrong decision is made.
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Link, horror
Lmao, v2p will be popular for a few weeks, then the pop will die down and it'll be as empty as it was last time it was open
Why not exchange v33x with v4b1?
Updated version of v33x, pretty much the same but better. If there is a problem with FPS this would be a good idea
The following 2 users Like Spear's post:
  • Random, horror
(02-04-2016, 03:39 PM)Spear Wrote: Why not exchange v33x with v4b1?
Updated version of v33x, pretty much the same but better. If there is a problem with FPS this would be a good idea

I have just checked out v4b1 and that seems a good idea a bigger map with more RP capabilities and less lag as you mentioned.
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
I'm not too sure after taking everyone's points into account, I don't feel it would be appropriate to just replace V33X due to the unique playerbase it has, which still amounts to a good chunk of FL.

Not entirely sure how it could be tested, unless we opened a whole new server but until then we should leave V2D and V33X alone.
Personally, I am not a big fan of 33x. V2p is much more homely for me, as I spent most of my time on it when it used to be online. If a VP2 server was in addition to 33x, I would make a very long post stating my opposition to the idea, however, seeing this is a replacement, I will have to agree.

I do have a few things to say about the matter, however.

Firstly, the test you may conduct will not be representative of the whole target population, i.e. the community as a whole. If you were to temporarily have a new server with the 2P map on it, it would receive a very low population, and consequently shed unecological results. This can be explained as regular players would primarily like to stick with the same map, as they already understand the layout, potential and have an extensive catalogue of specific roleplay dupes made for it. By introducing a new map on a new server, any interest will be eliminated as people will not be enthusiastic enough to make a dupe/roleplay for a server that may/may not continue on in the future. They will deem construction a waste of time and this will consequently have a knock on effect to the player base.

As role-players will be reluctant to hold roleplays on the server due to the unsurity of the future, this will influence how many regular players actually play on it - new players will be less likely to join and enjoy the experience, as they usually base the server on its population rather than content (unless the game mode is actually crap). All in all, the regular, experienced players will all still be on 33x, because they have a strong gravity to that server and do not want to move to a new server*. By removing the 33x server as a whole, you are forcing the players to entirely re-populate to a new server, which is the way forward if you want to this to work.

*as a whole, some people may be liberal and like change.

As for the map in general, based on my past experience as a regular moderator and player on this map, there is an increased probability of contra farming and rule breakage. This is due to the psychological theory of deindividuation. This is best explained when a player breaks a rule in a remote location, such as prop smashing a vehicle when there is no one about. This is because they believe that there is a smaller probability of getting caught, due to the maps vast size, therefore leading to no punishment for their rule-breaking action. So, concluding this segment, small rule breakages will be on the increase if you decide to host 2P. For this same reason, and the sheer size and hiding places on the map, contra farming will also increase.

Moreover, to counter this argument, big rule breakages such as mass CDM, RDM and prop smashing will be decreased by 2P, just because of its size. There will be less people per IG mile than 2D or 33x, which gives rule breakers a lot less people to pester and annoy. Moreover, you did state in the op that one reason you want to change the map is that more staff are able to play on it. If more staff members are on, regardless of deindividuation, people are less likely to break the rules, as they know there are people on to punish them. So, this counterbalances this argument out.

Also, linking in with my previous point, you may find the player base gradually decrease from 2P and increase on 2D, as players will not have a sense of 'CityRP'. For example, when a new player loads in, they will look around and notice the vast difference in scale. If there are very few people on, or if everyone is indoors doing roleplays, they will not feel engaged, and are likely migrate to 2D definitely. This will gradually kill the server's population, and result to another revert back to 33x. However, this could be countered with an increased player capacity on 33x, perhaps at 90 or 100. It is obvious the servers can cope with high numbers of players, as they have progressively got better over the years. We have already witnessed a 25 player count increase since early 2015. (for new players, it used to be 50 max)

A positive of 2P however, as stated in the op, is the roleplay potential. It has an extremely extensive nexus, industrial area, slums(and aps), lake, farm area, MTL and Corelone villas, which can all lead to great roleplay experiences and events, such as winter fest 2014.

Overall, I am very much in support for V2P's reincarnation, because, aside the multiple disadvantages I have highlighted, the roleplay space and potential is ecstatic and exciting in the grand scheme of things.

Edit:
I've just read some other opinions about this matter.

I completely agree with all of the problems stated, such as there being a certain playerbase for 33x, and 33x only. This is an issue that you cannot counter, even if you try your hardest. This goes hand in hand with the dupe problem: people already have established dupes on 33x, and it would be a shame to get rid of them.

As for 2P being underpopulated, if you got rid of 33x, most players would move over. The original server died out because people liked the community of 2D and 33X, as I have already stated, because it gives off a more city atmosphere. If you brought 2P back without 33x, it would almost certainly almost be full all the time (at regular peak times).

If you decide to have all three server co-encide, the same problem will occur as last time: 2P will die out because, even if there are 30(aprox) players on the server, you do not get the sense of community than if the same 30 players were on a smaller map, i.e. 2D or 33X. This would only work with a forced, large player base, and the result would be amazing.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 2 users Like Link's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Pear
Still popping around finishing up loose ends, felt something should be said here.

V2p was the biggest failure in its existence. While I was here for the last 4-5 years, It popped up twice. The first time it was played by max 10 people who were only there to contra farm. What do you think I used it for?

So now we have one map that sits constantly idle and all the staff wanted to go to v2d. The map was never ever administered properly nor did hold a high player base.

Alright so now the map is replaced. V2p is gone.

A few years later, V2p replaces another map (or pops up as a third server). Oh boy everything says as they load into the server. 50 people and you see someone every 15 minutes. SAA spends tons of times building dupes for this "godly map". Every admin and play it because its the best map ever to exist. Only the most elite Roleplayers go to this map. Its a heaven.

Few weeks later, server reaches a cap of 10-15 players. No one speaks of v2p, everyone switches back to v2d. V2p dies once again.

Don't make the same mistake again and again and again just because the old breed is disappearing.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
The following 5 users Like Grub's post:
  • Infernaw, Rylund, Haarek, Pear, Hitman