The current state of Aggressive RP
Ok, so recently i have started to roleplay as a police officer again, and it is honestly gotten so much worse.
Every time i tell somebody to "Face a wall" another random guy just comes up to me from behind and puts me under FearRP with an auto shotgun or something. I feel like there needs to be more rules on Aggressive RP making it less common and FL back to its once state of Passive RP, or at least less Aggressiveness. All v2d is recently is one massive gun fight between SRU, Police and Criminals. Something need to be done.
Do you feel the same? Give me your input on the current state of Aggressive RP in the reply section.
The following 11 users Like JackZ's post:
  • TheMJ, Sinclare, Grunt, Emil, MegaOmega, Agorith, Ghost, summotion, mintblackbeard, Yellow, Random
I definitely feel the same. As you said, there is always that one gun fight between the slums on V2D. The aggressiveness is just overruling, and I would be greatful if something could be done about it.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 2 users Like TheMJ's post:
  • JackZ, rand0m0mg
I feel much the same as you and TheMJ. I mean, don't get wrong, a bit of aggressive RP is fun. But when it's a continual raid which lasts 15+ mins, or everyday having to respond to a raid in the slums with the same pie pile ending the same way, it gets silly.

Perhaps some rules that restrict the frequency of which raids can occur and more clarity on where raids can take place and make it very hard for people to go on mass shootings around the city.

It would be really nice to see more clarity on aggressive RP rules.
The following 2 users Like Grunt's post:
  • JackZ, TheMJ
I agree entirely.
The following 1 user Likes mintblackbeard's post:
  • JackZ
I do agree, AggresiveRP on the servers have gotten out of hand.
The following 1 user Likes Kippsee's post:
  • JackZ
I agree
Whenever I come onto v2d, there are always the criminals with shotguns, tranqs and galils who are basing at slums who run around with their guns showing, which causes on-going wars.
The following 1 user Likes MegaOmega's post:
  • JackZ
We will be discussing this and see how we can improve the situation.
The following 5 users Like Jan's post:
  • JackZ, Tomo, Grunt, Dolla, rand0m0mg
(01-17-2016, 03:48 PM)Jan Wrote: We will be discussing this and see how we can improve the situation.

Thank you.
I agree on this 100%
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
The following 1 user Likes Balls's post:
  • JackZ
It was better with the old weapons cause police could kill with the Glock!

/uncirclejerk

To be honest though, I feel like this surge in aggressive RP does line up with the mad cow weapons. It might just be because the rule changes were done at a similar time.
Currently, there are 3 ammo types. Guns are also less expensive than the CW 2.0 variants. This means that the amount of money you need to spend to fund criminal RP goes down. Additionally, with the default police pistols now being so weak it means the criminals have a lot less to defend against. If you kill another criminal in aggressive RP, you get their gun and can likely use it as everyone has rifles so it should be the right ammo type. With the previous weapon pack, this was not true because of the varying ammo types. The SRU had one of the most powerful weapons (if used right) with CW weapons and that also made them a force to be feared. Right now the only thing that makes them powerful is the concussion grenade (which is rarely used) and their numbers and maybe the SWAT van. I remember back during the summer when I did my Redneck RP and we had slaves in our train I used to actually get scared when the SWAT came because I knew they were a legitimate threat. I would sometimes even instantly surrender because I knew it was over. With the current state of the government, I know that 75-90% of the time (depending on who is on the government at that time) I can win any engagement. If I don't? No worries, a galil or M4 aren't that expensive. However, when AR15s cost around $30,000 that mentality was not present. You did not want to lose $6,000 + any attachments you might have. It is also much easier for groups to defend a base because the Mad Cow penetration model is not as advanced. With the CW weapon a smart attacker could kill groups easily using guerilla tactics and bullet penetration to his advantage. With Mad Cow you can slap some slim metal plates on something and your attacker will be shooting his teammates!

I'm not sure if this view is just me but personally I do more criminal RP than I used to do because it is less expensive and more profitable than ever before.

I'm also not saying that the mad cow weapons need to be removed in order to balance the game. They should be updated to the latest version and I think some tweaks to damage & recoil need to be made. Maybe price.

tl;dr
government is less scary because less powerful weapons and being a criminal costs less and earns more
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 5 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • JackZ, aDisabledDeer, summotion, Marty, MasterNoda