What if you kids stopped crying and did something about it.
You claim people get too excited, hyped up, and pissed off at a Garry's Mod server - but you yourself have just lowered yourself to that standard and done the exact thing you want to stop
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Lets see if I can get this all knocked out quickly, I simply don't have as much time today as I normally do.

Rand0m0mg: You make some very valid points. I don't feel that Soul is going in a different direction, I just think that he's trying to do what any friend would and take up for his friends. Though it's not exactly something that will net him a high public opinion, I also don't really think he's doing it to be a bad guy. I don't see the forums as more active than before, just that more people recently have started returning to use them more. Other than that, you have a good thought train and I respect it.

Phantom Executioner: I am calm. Just saying my piece about how it is. Some people can't handle it and people love to try to figure out what turns my gears. Fact is, my time here is getting shorter and shorter, I have a goal and I will accomplish it before my time here is up. I'm done worrying about how yall feel about me and I just call it out.

Greed: I'm so damn upset with where you are that it almost made me turn right around and let yall live in the mess yall have created. You used to take on SAA, with the 4 other active members of FI, against the 25 active at the time in the SAA. Now you are reduced to giving up and basically just slinging mud. It's disgraceful, especially for such a respected "enemy" of the SAA. I'm not going to give you the playbook on how to take them down a peg or even close them for good. I will tell you to clearly go through those clan war rules and think very very hard about how you feel it is. Pride is both a boon and a bane. I don't think for one second that Grub would allow the SAA to cower and dodge a clan war out of fear of closure. He's put it on the line before, he'd do it again if required. What you have to do to not get nailed with ban hammers is remember that you need to BE the standard, not just follow it. A minor infraction can and will be dealt with. It's not so much that they are "protecting" SAA, it's that you are fighting a number of staff members who have a strict guideline to adhear to, and they work for the 2nd highest staff member on the team. So if one of your guys slips up, your whole attack could very well be voided, the follow on arguement will only lead to more bans. If I can fight and kill Ruxandra, easily the strictest admin with questionable judgement, without being banned, as a 200 hour non staff player, with two friends with terrible ban history, you can get this done. You have to work hard, these dudes need a leader and you are one of the most qualified, anti SAA members to show them how it plays out. If you can't do it, you know people who can, assuming they can be called back. You used to be that guy who would find a way to adapt and overcome, not give up. Search yourself, brother. You'll know I'm right. Stop being a quitter, it was never in your nature. Blackdog was in a much worse situation and he turned it all around. Use that as a motivator.

aDisabledDeer: Bro, you really don't know how I function. Yes, I am doing what I hate. I've found that the best way to get people to face reality is to go down to where they are, shove it in their face, and with some luck they go above me. If I talked from above to most of these people, they would just use the excuse that I'm talking down from my high horse, accuse me of bias or whatever other crap they come up with, and feel justified. I don't care, not one fuck, how anyone feels about me here anymore. Things are fucked up here, some of those things happened on my watch as an administrator or through things I supported that I didn't think far enough ahead on. Those things will get fixed to the best of my limited ability, but with everyone so depressed, beat down, and now making excuses instead of taking constructive actions, throwing shit at me cause I tell them how it is, what they look like, it's sad. Before I made THIS thread, I have a couple of things going, to include trying to revive roleplay, not passive, roleplay in general, and I can't get the support needed to get the project completed so I can take it to the staff and get things back on track. But feel free to tell me I'm not doing anything above the people I'm getting onto, that's the goto over facing the fact that people need to stop blaming everyone else, take some responsiblity, and fix it.

I'm not going to be around forever. Everytime I've come around, I end up fighting tooth and nail, trying to help this place. Every time I have to deal with a high amount of people with salty opinions of what I gotta say. And sadly, every time its from the same people complaining without stepping up and fixing it. Daddy Jokhah and others like me have stood up for a long time now, for yall, and most of the others are permed or have abandoned ship. I stay because I'm too thick headed and care too much. If me caring about the place bothers you, deal with it, or make a huge amount of complaints about me too and try to take me out. It won't happen, I've always had a much better grasp of what I can do around here than most. I learned from the generations before me to some extent, but I'm only human. My flaw here is and always has been caring too much and fighting too hard. I usually get pushed to the point of having to step away for a few months, but in the time following, the shit I fought so hard over usually gets fixed. Funny enough here's the play by play of how it goes.

I see bullshit
I call bullshit
People make excuses
I finally snap and just lay it all out
People start fighting with me
I eventually am in a position where walking away is the remaining good option
The people that fought against me finally get off their ass and fix it
Few months later I return and fight the next cycle of retarded, and it repeats.

So now we are on me snapping and laying it out for you. Except this time, instead of going all out, I left out more than I usually do, refrained from making as many personal attacks, and I'm not trying to set the world on fire. What I'm doing is pushing you guys into a herd, so that you guys will band together, topple me, your problems, and the community as a whole benefits. I don't mind being the "badguy" as long as the community as a whole benefits from it. So, start banding fuckers. There are some real issues here, I'm not saying you guys are wrong, what I'm saying is do something about it. The community holds the power, no problem including staff cannot be handled as long as you work together.

If 500 players said they didn't like the rule for no crime in the street, do you think the rule would still exist? If you were denied, you easily have the numbers to make a rather serious protest without slinging mud or just going around shitting on everyone who is actually trying to help you from the other side of the line. You could very easily make the change. Take my advice, as this could be the last time I'm around to give you the pushes needed to inspire you to do better.

I'm about done with this, as it's not a discussion. I put it in off topic because this is me telling you. I never asked and really just don't have the time to come on here just to reply to opinions if that's all you guys plan to do. If you have a question, like two people did, I'll answer them. If you have a constructive counter statement like one person has, I'll reply to that. I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong, I'm man enough to tell you what I agree with or don't, I'm man enough to listen and respect those that actually put in some effort. I'm also man enough to ignore stupid childish nonsense like "don't be mad" or "you are as bad as". I'm old, I'm rather intelligent, I know exactly what I look like, who I've pissed off, the range of backlash. What you aren't used to is when someone does all these things but actually has good intentions. Since I have that, I really don't care about the backlash because I'm fighting for the right team, this community, and their supressed desire for change.

P.S. You guys aren't the only ones who know, there are staff members who are fighting hard for you, but cannot come out and say it. I just said it for them, though I won't name names. Changes are in the works, however if you want specific changes, you need to wipe the tears off, let go of those hurt feelings, or whatever your problem is, and start getting that moving. When the changes do come out, if you don't take my advice, you will end up with even more changes you might hate, and just complain more without doing anything. Grow some balls.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • rand0m0mg
PLEASE BREAK UP YOUR TEXT IN SMALLER PARAGRAPH THANK YOU, BY THE WAY I AM STILL WAITING FOR A WORTHWHILE ANSWER ON THE 50 - 70g BIRD
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
(01-16-2016, 01:04 AM)Midget Wrote: PLEASE BREAK UP YOUR TEXT IN SMALLER PARAGRAPH THANK YOU, BY THE WAY I AM STILL WAITING FOR A WORTHWHILE ANSWER ON THE 50 - 70g BIRD

This MFer. You always make me laugh somehow. The caps, the direct jabs. You are always welcome to take shots at me bro. I answered that question, I don't like birds really unless I'm eating them and I don't understand bird weights.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • rand0m0mg
Looks like someone is mad
Sucks that I already +repped you
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Mock Jokhah all you like but these points are 100% true. One of the reasons I left Moderator was because of you people constantly bitching which makes our jobs 10 times harder. You people disrespect staff left right and centre and get away with it. You've got to put up with a lot of shit on the team on here. Most of which is just aggravated nonsense that shouldn't be your problem, but is. At least something has been said now, thanks Jokhah for raising this.
(01-16-2016, 12:51 AM)Jokhah Wrote: Lets see if I can get this all knocked out quickly, I simply don't have as much time today as I normally do.

Rand0m0mg: You make some very valid points.  I don't feel that Soul is going in a different direction, I just think that he's trying to do what any friend would and take up for his friends.  Though it's not exactly something that will net him a high public opinion, I also don't really think he's doing it to be a bad guy.  I don't see the forums as more active than before, just that more people recently have started returning to use them more.  Other than that, you have a good thought train and I respect it.

Phantom Executioner: I am calm.  Just saying my piece about how it is.  Some people can't handle it and people love to try to figure out what turns my gears.  Fact is, my time here is getting shorter and shorter, I have a goal and I will accomplish it before my time here is up.  I'm done worrying about how yall feel about me and I just call it out.

Greed: I'm so damn upset with where you are that it almost made me turn right around and let yall live in the mess yall have created.  You used to take on SAA, with the 4 other active members of FI, against the 25 active at the time in the SAA.  Now you are reduced to giving up and basically just slinging mud.  It's disgraceful, especially for such a respected "enemy" of the SAA.  I'm not going to give you the playbook on how to take them down a peg or even close them for good.  I will tell you to clearly go through those clan war rules and think very very hard about how you feel it is.  Pride is both a boon and a bane.  I don't think for one second that Grub would allow the SAA to cower and dodge a clan war out of fear of closure.  He's put it on the line before, he'd do it again if required.  What you have to do to not get nailed with ban hammers is remember that you need to BE the standard, not just follow it.  A minor infraction can and will be dealt with.  It's not so much that they are "protecting" SAA, it's that you are fighting a number of staff members who have a strict guideline to adhear to, and they work for the 2nd highest staff member on the team.  So if one of your guys slips up, your whole attack could very well be voided, the follow on arguement will only lead to more bans.  If I can fight and kill Ruxandra, easily the strictest admin with questionable judgement, without being banned, as a 200 hour non staff player, with two friends with terrible ban history, you can get this done.  You have to work hard, these dudes need a leader and you are one of the most qualified, anti SAA members to show them how it plays out.  If you can't do it, you know people who can, assuming they can be called back.  You used to be that guy who would find a way to adapt and overcome, not give up.  Search yourself, brother.  You'll know I'm right.  Stop being a quitter, it was never in your nature.  Blackdog was in a much worse situation and he turned it all around.  Use that as a motivator.

aDisabledDeer: Bro, you really don't know how I function.  Yes, I am doing what I hate.  I've found that the best way to get people to face reality is to go down to where they are, shove it in their face, and with some luck they go above me.  If I talked from above to most of these people, they would just use the excuse that I'm talking down from my high horse, accuse me of bias or whatever other crap they come up with, and feel justified.  I don't care, not one fuck, how anyone feels about me here anymore.  Things are fucked up here, some of those things happened on my watch as an administrator or through things I supported that I didn't think far enough ahead on.  Those things will get fixed to the best of my limited ability, but with everyone so depressed, beat down, and now making excuses instead of taking constructive actions, throwing shit at me cause I tell them how it is, what they look like, it's sad.  Before I made THIS thread, I have a couple of things going, to include trying to revive roleplay, not passive, roleplay in general, and I can't get the support needed to get the project completed so I can take it to the staff and get things back on track.  But feel free to tell me I'm not doing anything above the people I'm getting onto, that's the goto over facing the fact that people need to stop blaming everyone else, take some responsiblity, and fix it.

I'm not going to be around forever.  Everytime I've come around, I end up fighting tooth and nail, trying to help this place.  Every time I have to deal with a high amount of people with salty opinions of what I gotta say.  And sadly, every time its from the same people complaining without stepping up and fixing it.  Daddy Jokhah and others like me have stood up for a long time now, for yall, and most of the others are permed or have abandoned ship.  I stay because I'm too thick headed and care too much.  If me caring about the place bothers you, deal with it, or make a huge amount of complaints about me too and try to take me out.  It won't happen, I've always had a much better grasp of what I can do around here than most.  I learned from the generations before me to some extent, but I'm only human.  My flaw here is and always has been caring too much and fighting too hard.  I usually get pushed to the point of having to step away for a few months, but in the time following, the shit I fought so hard over usually gets fixed.  Funny enough here's the play by play of how it goes.

I see bullshit
I call bullshit
People make excuses
I finally snap and just lay it all out
People start fighting with me
I eventually am in a position where walking away is the remaining good option
The people that fought against me finally get off their ass and fix it
Few months later I return and fight the next cycle of retarded, and it repeats.

So now we are on me snapping and laying it out for you.  Except this time, instead of going all out, I left out more than I usually do, refrained from making as many personal attacks, and I'm not trying to set the world on fire.  What I'm doing is pushing you guys into a herd, so that you guys will band together, topple me, your problems, and the community as a whole benefits.  I don't mind being the "badguy" as long as the community as a whole benefits from it.  So, start banding fuckers.  There are some real issues here, I'm not saying you guys are wrong, what I'm saying is do something about it.  The community holds the power, no problem including staff cannot be handled as long as you work together.

If 500 players said they didn't like the rule for no crime in the street, do you think the rule would still exist?  If you were denied, you easily have the numbers to make a rather serious protest without slinging mud or just going around shitting on everyone who is actually trying to help you from the other side of the line.  You could very easily make the change.  Take my advice, as this could be the last time I'm around to give you the pushes needed to inspire you to do better.

I'm about done with this, as it's not a discussion.  I put it in off topic because this is me telling you.  I never asked and really just don't have the time to come on here just to reply to opinions if that's all you guys plan to do.  If you have a question, like two people did, I'll answer them.  If you have a constructive counter statement like one person has, I'll reply to that.  I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong, I'm man enough to tell you what I agree with or don't, I'm man enough to listen and respect those that actually put in some effort.  I'm also man enough to ignore stupid childish nonsense like "don't be mad" or "you are as bad as".  I'm old, I'm rather intelligent, I know exactly what I look like, who I've pissed off, the range of backlash.  What you aren't used to is when someone does all these things but actually has good intentions.  Since I have that, I really don't care about the backlash because I'm fighting for the right team, this community, and their supressed desire for change.

P.S. You guys aren't the only ones who know, there are staff members who are fighting hard for you, but cannot come out and say it.  I just said it for them, though I won't name names.  Changes are in the works, however if you want specific changes, you need to wipe the tears off, let go of those hurt feelings, or whatever your problem is, and start getting that moving.  When the changes do come out, if you don't take my advice, you will end up with even more changes you might hate, and just complain more without doing anything.  Grow some balls.

You're also 100% correct in my opinion. People do tend to complain all the time and I always think to myself "Do something about it then" and you flat out just unloaded on everyone that does that. You are one respected person in my eyes, Jokhah, you speak the truth and that's great to have.
Exactly.
I think it's funny that all these people cry about SAA, cry about Grub, then talk about how they could suddenly take them in a clan war, the same war that they avoided while SAA was still open and Grub was still around. What a bunch of baby backed bitches.