What if you kids stopped crying and did something about it.
Seriously.  Stop crying about what you don't like about something around here, stop just throwing up shitposts about "boo hoo, I can't do this, or they beat everyone, omg SAA, omg aggressive rp, omg rp is dead, omg staff bias, omg this rule sucks."  I'm fucking sick of it.  I have been beat down, demoted, isolated, and excommunicated at this point.  I still get up, off my ass so to speak, and try.  I actively try to get rules fixed, revive RP that I'm rarely ever a part of, watch out and step in where I can to defend people from bullshit, call out any bullshit I see.

Now I'm calling you kids out.  Stop acting like children, man up, put your shit on the line, and do something about it.  You sitting around crying and complaining about these topics while actively doing absolutely nothing about it is sad and pathetic.  It does nobody any good.  If you honestly feel like there is no hope, that nothing will ever change, have some decency and just put up your goodbye thread.  This community doesn't need more lazy cry babies.  Shit or get off the pot.  Or at the very least, if you aren't willing to try to fix it, just shut up and let the people who aren't afraid to go against the grain fix it for you, because that's how the new generation seems to work anyway.

Seriously, this pity party bullshit is stale.
The following 8 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Jerrycat, Doctor KuLa, Agorith, goigle!, [FL:RP] Fela, Suarez, MrSir, summotion
Straight up.
Thought I was done, but I wasn't. Here comes a few life lessons for you so you know why I have this position against you.

Real life: I was at one point in time homeless. I ate what I could, sometimes I could crash at a friends house. I was fired from my job because I talked to someone from another business. Owner tried to say I stole money or some shit and fired me. I eventually figured out that the only way I could get out of it is if I did something. Hooked up with some friends to watch out for me till I could get into the army. Best thing for me at that point in time. Not best for everyone, but you have to decide "Do I want to live my life homeless hoping someone comes and saves me" or "Do I want to put my life on the line, take a chance, and improve my situation as a whole."

Fearless RP: I was pretty much by myself. I didn't come to gmod with friends. This community populates about 90% of my friends list. The few friends I met on FL started getting permed. Eventually I couldn't take being alone. I had been following a man named Enzyme at the time. He was a nobody (not clanned, not staff) at the time, but he had people like Ludo, Infernaw, Grub, and some other long forgotten people to keep him company. Ruxandra was basically exactly as bad as you guys claim SAA to be. She used to ban people for a week, for moving a step under gunpoint. Used to think she would ban me if I killed her. Watching Enzyme and his friends, they showed me that I didn't have to fear her, that it was about staying within the rules. One day, Ruxandra was raiding me and Carnage, with her 6-7 government dogs, like 5 cops and 2 SRU. We were panicked, we though we were totally going to be banned if we resisted. We started to build while she was getting the warrant. She flew in, told us not to do it, removed the props we added, and went back out. Carnage called the Don, as we paid him protection, and prepped for our ban. We refused to be bullied. Between Carnage and I, the don, we cut them to ribbons, and even survived the getaway. Called her a stupid vagina when we killed her too. You know what happened to us? She finally gave us some respect, told us she was happy we stopped being pussies and just threw down with her. Carnage faded into the void, I was alone, Enzyme recently joined SAA, I saw what they were really about, and joined.

Later on I was redacted and removed from SAA after some disputes and some poor choices by both myself and parts of the SAA. I've been on the outside of that ever since and basically am barred from returning. All I can do is watch as they struggle, because at one point in time, I didn't help them when I should have. Like a brother would have.

I have helped the staff, fought with the staff, same to the community, the rules, the courthouse cases. Most of you know my rep for being a dick, child, awesome dude, real person, scumbag, whatever. I don't care, but one thing everyone knows is that I call out bullshit. So seriously, there are so many of you, complaining about the same things. I know like 19 people who think RP is dead but are working on it or trying at least. 19 out of over 200 people I've seen complain about RP being shit. I've seen 0 out of the 50ish people I know that hate SAA, forming and taking them to war. They have an active roster of like 10-12 people, some of those names are stale but remain because that's how clans are, you don't kick longstanding members for having school and shit. Just saying 12, we'll say they pull their full like 25-30. You have 50. If you can't win that, then obviously SAA deserves to remain. Seen a ton of you claiming staff bias. I've seen like 1 maybe 2 out of hundreds of complaints, that had any evidence that held weight. A lot of it tends to be that you hear someone else bitch, like them, they convince you, and then YOU bitch. I've asked almost everyone complaining about staff bias recently, to show me anything that backs up the claim, to tell me in detail an event even without evidence. 1-2 complaints out of all of them have anything serious to them, and serious is a tall tale. Stuff like hey, you can be a dick and you should improve, to one case where it looked like bias. Hell, the one that really annoys me is when you guys complain about staff bias, and have the owner trying to bail you out all the time. How in whatever god you believe in's name is it considered bias, if you were wrong and the owner comes in and makes excuses for you. If anything, I'd say that the bias was in that person's favor and it's pretty justified to have the staff upset with your situation. At that point you represent an exemption to the rules and policy that every other member, staff included, are held to. And even worse, people support that, and say the staff are the bad guys? Are you not paying attention that the rules don't apply to the person you are defending? Are you aware that the same protection won't be given to you just because you support it?

I hate Ryan!, because he was protected by a staff member, even though he had broke blatant rules, been permed about 2-3 times, and somehow he always came back. You're talking a truckload of bans, from fail rp to prop/tool related offenses. I'm the bad guy because I give him shit every single chance I get, because I was one of those staff members who would have to deal with him, only to get overruled by a someone or something else. Trust me when I say, staff members do not need to "stalk" you. They really just are magnets to rule violations. Most the time, one of those dudes claiming bias, is actually getting snitched out by his good "friend" right next to him, and they don't even know it. Happened to Ryan more than ones, happened to Narc's lil bro too. They do it because either they are tired of that person, or they want to try to get the staff member in trouble for "stalking and bias" and full know that their friend is protected. That even a perm won't stick.

Seriously, you kids need to just stop talking, get froggy, and leap at what your after. Take it head on. Even if you lose, everyone will at least respect that you tried, that you weren't afraid. If it's really as bad as you claim, it'll show, and it always will work out, but that won't happen if you don't take the first step and keep moving thereafter.
Ok. So lets say we find something we dont like,  I am not crying about issues here and I provide a decent point of view on issues but where do you suggest that people with problems go to?
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
I think you are right, but in a lot of ways the "complaining" is just stating popular opinion.I honestly don't think that there is much complaining going on though.

Shitposts are shitposts, but there is also things you might want to say that you alone cannot do anything about. Things like that needs to be brought up in a public forum, that's why there is a forum like this.
The following 1 user Likes rand0m0mg's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
(01-15-2016, 09:46 PM)rand0m0mg Wrote: I think you are right, but in a lot of ways the "complaining" is just stating popular opinion.I honestly don't think that there is much complaining going on though.

Shitposts are shitposts, but there is also things you might want to say that you alone cannot do anything about. Things like that needs to be brought up in a public forum, that's why there is a forum like this.

I agree with parts of what you say.  Specifically, that 2nd set.  That 1st set, no.  Can't agree with.  If you want, I can link you around the forums to where I see all these opinions, very jagged and disrespectful/hurtful and deconstructive opinions, where absolutely nothing is being done by the opinion holders.

Take a look around.  Search the word SAA.  Search the word bias.  Search Roleplay Dead or No RP.  Plenty of examples of counter or deconstructive opinions, with CROWDS of people getting involved, but nearly no one attempting to figure out the fix or middle ground.  Even worse, when people do, usually it's the same opinion holder who instantly counters them because it's contrary to what they want or invalidates their complaint.

If you want to get assistance and use the forums, I fully support that, but saying that it's "just popular opinion" at this point, with as long as it's been going on, is like saying "Strict gun laws will stop criminals from getting them or somehow stop them from breaking the law."  It's pretty one lane and foolish to believe this.  Take a look at any country that banned guns and tell me there have been zero gun related incidents or deaths.  Same goes with these "Opinions", look around and find out how many are actually trying to fix the problem, that number will be far closer to zero than you'd imagine.
In short. Look up Professor Brian Cox. Here is his thought about people today and their idea of opinions.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

― Brian Cox
(01-15-2016, 09:43 PM)Ali Wrote: Ok. So lets say we find something we dont like,  I am not crying about issues here and I provide a decent point of view on issues but where do you suggest that people with problems go to?

Depends on the nature of the problem. In the case of community issues such as roleplay, rules, stuff like that, I'd say go to these subforums: Help and Support, Bugs, Discussions, Suggestions.

In the case of infractions: Courthouse

In the case of potential staff bias: A staff member senior to the problem area. If such a person does not exist in your mind, you are nearly out of options. You can go to the owner, or if you feel he's part of the issue, you may as well leave the community. Alternatively you could appeal to the community via discussions, but lets be real about it. If the owner really was part of that problem, why would you try to struggle to remain.

Is there anything I left out or more specific you are looking for as an answer? I've handled issues from small to large and those tools always worked well. Even when Soul was definatly not happy with me, I could still go to the SA team or an administrator. They took the job to help you, they work together but that doesn't mean the function like the common idea you think they do. Many of them are islands, they work together, but play away from one another. I've taken the time to get to know them and know which ones I can go to if I have to talk about another one. You can too.
(01-15-2016, 09:54 PM)Jokhah Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 09:46 PM)rand0m0mg Wrote: I think you are right, but in a lot of ways the "complaining" is just stating popular opinion.I honestly don't think that there is much complaining going on though.

I agree with parts of what you say.  Specifically, that 2nd set.  That 1st set, no.  Can't agree with.  If you want, I can link you around the forums to where I see all these opinions, very jagged and disrespectful/hurtful and deconstructive opinions, where absolutely nothing is being done by the opinion holders.

Take a look around.  Search the word SAA.  Search the word bias.  Search Roleplay Dead or No RP.  Plenty of examples of counter or deconstructive opinions, with CROWDS of people getting involved, but nearly no one attempting to figure out the fix or middle ground.  Even worse, when people do, usually it's the same opinion holder who instantly counters them because it's contrary to what they want or invalidates their complaint.

If you want to get assistance and use the forums, I fully support that, but saying that it's "just popular opinion" at this point, with as long as it's been going on, is like saying "Strict gun laws will stop criminals from getting them or somehow stop them from breaking the law."  It's pretty one lane and foolish to believe this.  Take a look at any country that banned guns and tell me there have been zero gun related incidents or deaths.  Same goes with these "Opinions", look around and find out how many are actually trying to fix the problem, that number will be far closer to zero than you'd imagine.

Well, Australia has banned guns successfully but I honestly don't see the connection.

As I said, I agree with what you are saying, that there are more negative posts today then it was back in the day is a fact I cannot deny. But at the same time, the forums are more active than ever, there are just more posts nowadays overall, and that also goes for the negative posts. 

Also a thing to note is the fact that when the community was started, Soul was very personally invested, but as the community grows and Soul grows they might grow in different directions.
The following 1 user Likes rand0m0mg's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Problem is that if you even call out SAA now, they'll literally keep looking for reasons to ban you lol, we're not "crying" for no reason, but there's literally nothing else we can do.
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • Old Man Jokhah