foooken riot shields
hi i just wanted to vent my anger about people talking about riot shields

they are not meant to stop bullets
the ones that are are called ballistic shields

while this is sparked by mike's ban it has nothing to do with it, I have seen people suggesting making the riot shield bulletproof and shit

I don't know the deets on mike's ban, but he linked a video about it as proof but in the video it says something along the lines of "we do not recommend using this as a ballistic shield, if you do we are not responsible".
video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dri0icqBg_s

and then senor soul says that the riot shield is "bugged"

no sir

it's a f.ucking riot shield

not a ballistic shield

riot shield:
[Image: TP211_500_1.JPG]

ballistic shield:
[Image: M-SWAT-Blog-LCOA.jpg]

/shitpost
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]

Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 7 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Captain Barry, Mike, goigle!, Random, TheMJ, Balls, mgdwszx

This is a pretty calming tune if you need something to relax with. Smile
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 2 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Ghost, MasterNoda
Other than the mislabeling of the name, the intent of the riot shield in the game is to stop bullets. Beyond that, there is nearly no function to the swep as you can stop a melee attacker by pulling out a tazer and applying fear rp. They have been extremely buggy over the years, ranging from being bulletproof but grabable by minges, to not reducing damage at all.

Your video is informative of the difference and you should make a suggestion to inform him that he should change the label from Riot to Ballistic, though it's a pretty minor, very detail oriented change, kinda like how they changed the default job from Unemployed to Citizen, which is funny because neither is a job anyway.
(01-13-2016, 12:49 AM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote:

I'm not actually that mad more like partially rustled
(01-13-2016, 02:40 AM)Jokhah Wrote: Other than the mislabeling of the name, the intent of the riot shield in the game is to stop bullets.  Beyond that, there is nearly no function to the swep as you can stop a melee attacker by pulling out a tazer and applying fear rp.  They have been extremely buggy over the years, ranging from being bulletproof but grabable by minges, to not reducing damage at all.

Your video is informative of the difference and you should make a suggestion to inform him that he should change the label from Riot to Ballistic, though it's a pretty minor, very detail oriented change, kinda like how they changed the default job from Unemployed to Citizen, which is funny because neither is a job anyway.

That's not necessarily true. If there are multiple attackers a taser might not be feasible.

Anyway, the video was actually what mike linked and I don't care what it is at all in game, I just found it funny that people ignore the differences

also, I feel like people are taking this thread way more seriously than I intended it
(01-13-2016, 01:04 AM)Infernaw Wrote: This is a pretty calming tune if you need something to relax with. Smile

thanks bud
Tazer beats melee, numbers won't matter in that case. No amount of melee weapon will apply fear rp to the tazer, the rules are too simple in that respect. Tazer beats melee, gun beats tazer, guns beat gun. That's the simple science of fear rp and how it applies.

Sorry if I took this too "serious" for you. I was just pointing out that since you wanted to talk about the difference and how soul was incorrect about a known bug with a swep in his gamemode, the only thing wrong is the label. As for the difference, it's not exactly common knowledge, just like most people don't know what the difference between a clip and a magazine are. Whenever someone says "Throw me a clip" and they are using an AR-15 platform or AK-47 platform, I laugh my ass off.
(01-13-2016, 04:18 AM)Jokhah Wrote: Tazer beats melee, numbers won't matter in that case.  No amount of melee weapon will apply fear rp to the tazer, the rules are too simple in that respect.  Tazer beats melee, gun beats tazer, guns beat gun.  That's the simple science of fear rp and how it applies.

Sorry if I took this too "serious" for you.  I was just pointing out that since you wanted to talk about the difference and how soul was incorrect about a known bug with a swep in his gamemode, the only thing wrong is the label.  As for the difference, it's not exactly common knowledge, just like most people don't know what the difference between a clip and a magazine are.  Whenever someone says "Throw me a clip" and they are using an AR-15 platform or AK-47 platform, I laugh my ass off.

I mainly meant awestruck cause I can't tell if he thought I was serious or no :^)
and while taser does beat melee, once the taser fires there is a 3 second window for melee people to strike whereas with the riot shield you can at least bash people
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
The riot shield in game is supposed to stop bullets, its just not named properly
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]