[FL] Nighthawk's alteration of the rules pt.1
Posting on behalf of GHOSTKILL3R [Any replies stated by me (Awestruck) will be on behalf of GHOST]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: [CASE HANDED BACK TO GHOST AS HE IS NO LONGER BANNED]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: GHOSTK1LL3R 

Time/Date: 10-14-2015

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:58027181 

Name of Administrator: [FL]Nighthawk 

Evidence:
All evidence and quotations that will be referred to will come from the following threads:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=67506

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10

I will be referring to evidence provided and stated by Nighthawk which has been acquired in the Courthouse of Fearless. My intent is to show how the following admin Nighthawk is inapt to be an administrator and will alter the rules in order to ban those that stand in his way.

As on 10-13-2015 the rules on lying in the courthouse were ‘committing such violations will lead to a lengthy forum ban.’. However, the admin in question resolved to altering the forum rules in order to give out a perm ban myself, GHOSTK1LL3R. Whether he was the one to give the perm ban or not, he was the admin that altered the rules.

Here is a Google cache showing the rules how they were prior to the admin in question altering the rules:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...php?tid=10 

As we can see they are:‘Fabricating or tampering with evidence with intent to mislead, and providing false statements is under zero tolerance - committing such violations will lead to a lengthy forum ban.’ However, after Nighthawk altered the rules we can see the rules changed to this:
https://embed.gyazo.com/c7708cfc9d67d8b394b4343212e00f53.png

Which is now: ‘Fabricating or tampering with evidence with intent to mislead, and providing false statements is under zero tolerance - committing such violations will lead to a perm ban.’  Nighthawk states in the unban request ‘I am not lying in the courthouse Ghost. I attempted to edit the post yes but I do not have the sufficient permissions to edit that post as Soul confirmed when he confronted me the next day about it. Again the post was edited FOURTEEN days before you were banned. So do not try that.’ A few things I’d like to pull up from this quote. ‘I attempted to edit the post yes but I do not have the sufficient permissions to edit that post as Soul confirmed when he confronted me the next day about it.’. You state that you do not have the ‘sufficient permission to edit that post’. However, it states that you did alter the post and if you didn't have permission that would not appear. Additionally, I have spoken to multiple admins of the server and they have informed me that they are able to alter the post. 

As we can see, Nighthawk has now lied in order to protect his own back.You also state in the same post: 'Again the post was edited FOURTEEN days before you were banned. So do not try that.’ I would like to know how you knew it was edited fourteen days before I was banned? And I would also like to know why you know this. This will be the first admin abuse case posted and will be linked to a secondary admin abuse case which will be posted regarding a player report.I feel that Nighthawk is ill fit for duty as an admin and is too bias in what he does. This is no ‘innocent mistake’ made by the admin in question and is lying to cover his tracks.

I request that admins that are not involved, to post on this case and that the reviewing statement clarifies if admins are able to alter that thread.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Your kidding me right? I didn't edit the post itself. You can ask Soul. He spoke to me immediately the day after I had attemtped to edit the post in a attempt to players copy the template easier. I talked with Soul and told him that I had changed nothing and he even agreed with me stating that nothing had been changed and he told me next time if I wanted something changed to contact him and ask him to change it.

Also I know that it was fourteen days before your ban was even issued because i cross referenced the day you issued the perm ban by Grub and the day that I attempted to edit the thread.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
‘Your kidding me right? I didn't edit the post itself. You can ask Soul. He spoke to me immediately the day after I had attemtped to edit the post in a attempt to players copy the template easier. I talked with Soul and told him that I had changed nothing and he even agreed with me stating that nothing had been changed and he told me next time if I wanted something changed to contact him and ask him to change it.’

No I am not kidding you. You state you ‘didn’t edit the post itself’ but you can clearly see that it said that you altered the page. The only way your name would appear there is if you had altered the page. I also find it very interesting that the day I am banned for something that I knew was only a forum ban turns into a ‘perm’ ban and this is the day where you ‘attempted to make copying the template easier’

What was your reason for wanting to alter the template on that very day, it’s been perfectly fine for the past 5 years FL has been running and I've seen nobody have any issues with copying it? Also, you say that Soul checked the day after doesn't matter. I highly doubt that one of his admin’s would be so sly to alter that specific rule which was forum ban to perm ban. I hardly noticed the change but realised when I dug into it.
You have stated multiple times now that you are unable to alter the forum page. Can you please re-state that for the sake of the case?

Also,may I remind you lying in the courthouse is not allowed and will lead to a forum ban.
Kind Regards,

I already stated that i didn't edit it. When the split happened Soul did a revamp on all of the threads. Which is why there is a change in them from the cached version. I would not risk my position here on FL for someone who has bo actual effect on me or my real life. So think what you wish but again I have already been talked to Soul about the thread and he said nothing was changed and to not try again.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
‘I already stated that i didn't edit it. When the split happened Soul did a revamp on all of the threads. Which is why there is a change in them from the cached version. I would not risk my position here on FL for someone who has bo actual effect on me or my real life. So think what you wish but again I have already been talked to Soul about the thread and he said nothing was changed and to not try again.’

Stop skipping the questions.

What was your reason for wanting to alter the template on that very day, it’s been perfectly fine for the past 5 years FL has been running and I've seen nobody have any issues with copying it.

You said Soul did a revamp on all the threads. So why does it say you altered the thread? This is irrelevant of the fact that you altered the thread and it clearly shows that. You keep saying that Soul didn't notice anything that was changed however you can see that the rules was altered.  You can also see how the rules have been reverted back to what they once was which also shows that something happened.
Kind Regards,

(01-09-2016, 04:33 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: This is irrelevant of the fact that you altered the thread and it clearly shows that.

INVOLVED: Expert, Neutral witness
I can provide proof if necessary however I would need to PM an admin because providing it here would break rules. I run 3  myBB (software FL uses) forums (1 defunct for irrelevant reasons).

This is simply not true. If what I am gathering is correct, Nighthawkd tried editing Soul's thread and was denied access automatically. Depending on how Soul added the functionality it does not mean that NightHawkd is lying.

There are many things unique to Fearless that cause myBB quirks. For example, just browse through the closed admin abuse threads. Many say they have more pages than they do: this is because of hidden posts that only admins can see. You can check one here:
http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=61999&page=3
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
(01-11-2016, 02:49 AM)Goigle Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 04:33 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: -snip- .
-snip-

Multiple admins have stated they have permissions to edit the post. Also, it even states he edited the post which would only show if he had actually edited it. Please don't comment as it is clear you are not reading posts as I had stated in the OP.
Kind Regards,

Involved, neutral witness and can shed some light on the situation.
First of all i will explain how i can provide an important testimony with a reason why i consider myself involved.

I am a forum moderator for a company that used to run MyBB as its forums. Its switched now but i have plenty of experience with MyBB. On request i will post the forum where i moderate.

Depending on how soul configured it people with a lower rank as the OP cant edit threads/posts. For example a moderator can edit posts of users/other moderators but not admin posts due to the higher rank. The same goes for Nighthawk here, when he attempted to edit Souls thread (for whatever reason) he probably got blocked by the system and received an error message stating that he has insufficient rights to edit this thread (as owner outranks an administrator). The curious thing is that it still shows that Nighthawk edited the thread but this doesnt surprise me. That "last changed" message pops up as soon as that "insufficient rights error message" shows to an attempted edit. So even though he only attempted to edit it, it still shows as he edited it even when he didnt necessarily do that.

(01-09-2016, 04:33 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: Also, it even states he edited the post which would only show if he had actually edited it.

So this statement isnt necessarily 100% true, keep that in mind.

I am pretty sure that administrators cant easily edit owners posts (permission has to be given every time), but soul will have to confirm that himself.
(01-11-2016, 08:35 AM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 02:49 AM)Goigle Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 04:33 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: -snip- .
-snip-

Multiple admins have stated they have permissions to edit the post. Also, it even states he edited the post which would only show if he had actually edited it. Please don't comment as it is clear you are not reading posts as I had stated in the OP.
hi thanks for your reply, yes i did read your post. Did you read mine??????

Quote:If what I am gathering is correct, Nighthawkd tried editing Soul's thread and was denied access automatically. Depending on how Soul added the functionality it does not mean that NightHawkd is lying.

There are many things unique to Fearless that cause myBB quirks.

Again, it really depends on how Soul set up the post editing. Note how NightHawkd said Soul was notified that he edited the post. He did not say how and there a few ways.
Soul could have prevent part of the edit code from firing (the part that lets NH actually edit the thread) and let the rest fire so it logs in the Moderator CP. There are so many things Soul could have done that could cause that to show up without that actually editing. I have no idea why you have so much faith in code because you're a gamer. Have you not heard of games having bugs before? Code isn't magic and perfect, bugs like this are often side effects of editing code that is not yours.

Let's use your logic on a recent forum I set up.

I added the thank you like system to that forum (the thing that lets you like posts). It says it is installed in the Admin CP. For some reason it was not showing up in the post bit. I guess I never installed it????????

No, it was actually just a bug that I fixed.

also, just so you know, I hope the admins that are your sources didn't just hit the edit button and see the editor and say "Oh yeah I can do it." You have to submit for the changes to go through and we'd see that admins name on the post too.
(01-09-2016, 04:33 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: What was your reason for wanting to alter the template on that very day, it’s been perfectly fine for the past 5 years FL has been running and I've seen nobody have any issues with copying it.

Hi, thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, it appears your statement is inaccurate for the following reasons:
  • MyBB has not been at version 1.8 for 5 years (1.8 changes the way you copy from the editor)
  • He did not say he wanted to resolve issues - he said he wanted to make copying easier. Making it so a code block would not show up is definitely easier.
He is  referring to instances where users do this:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=66008
and wanted to help people by making it so they did not need to remove a code block every time.

Thanks,
Goigle
Freelance Developer

(01-09-2016, 04:33 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: You can also see how the rules have been reverted back to what they once was which also shows that something happened.

Hi, I looked at the post in question but could not seem to see what you are talking about.

[Image: fgWP1ZW.png?1]