Opinions regarding [FL] NightHawkd
I mean I haven't even read more than page 3, so I dunno what the OP is really about. I'll just answer the title as I imagine that would be the main point. He's been on my friends list for what, years? More than I can say for 99% of the people I have met here on FL. He seems decent enough. I was an admin here, I can imagine he gets stressed. Honestly unless you've been an admin here, not there, but here, you really don't know what it's like. A lot of those cool people you know, are really just jerks and minges. He's probably had to issue severe punishments to his friends at some point by now. He's probably been on the top and bottom of the popularity chart. Yall don't know the struggle of working here. Don't know the inside of how it works. Don't know the real faces of the staff, metaphorically speaking. If you get that far, and manage to hold your own for 3 months as a full star admin, come back and talk to me. Tell me how you felt when you had to perm your BFF. Tell me how you had to stop a raid and ban your own team of personal friends, for stuff they did. How you had to ban your friend for thinking it was okay to "joke around" with you when you were twisted up over some case earlier, that a higher rank came in and basically made you feel smaller than a grain of sand. Made you feel like all you do is nothing. Then two minutes later, have someone come "pick you up" and then you have to try to repair hurt feelings. Having to try to be unbiased, even when you personally hate their soul, then being accused of bias when you actually went against how you felt about it because it was biased.

Honestly, no one knows what he's going through, leave him the hell alone if you ain't got nothin nice to say.
The following 6 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Brikaas, TheMJ, MasterNoda, Decay, Hitman, summotion
(01-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Jokhah Wrote: I mean I haven't even read more than page 3, so I dunno what the OP is really about.  I'll just answer the title as I imagine that would be the main point.  He's been on my friends list for what, years?  More than I can say for 99% of the people I have met here on FL.  He seems decent enough.  I was an admin here, I can imagine he gets stressed.  Honestly unless you've been an admin here, not there, but here, you really don't know what it's like.  A lot of those cool people you know, are really just jerks and minges.  He's probably had to issue severe punishments to his friends at some point by now.  He's probably been on the top and bottom of the popularity chart.  Yall don't know the struggle of working here.  Don't know the inside of how it works.  Don't know the real faces of the staff, metaphorically speaking.  If you get that far, and manage to hold your own for 3 months as a full star admin, come back and talk to me.  Tell me how you felt when you had to perm your BFF.  Tell me how you had to stop a raid and ban your own team of personal friends, for stuff they did.  How you had to ban your friend for thinking it was okay to "joke around" with you when you were twisted up over some case earlier, that a higher rank came in and basically made you feel smaller than a grain of sand.  Made you feel like all you do is nothing.  Then two minutes later, have someone come "pick you up" and then you have to try to repair hurt feelings.  Having to try to be unbiased, even when you personally hate their soul, then being accused of bias when you actually went against how you felt about it because it was biased.

Honestly, no one knows what he's going through, leave him the hell alone if you ain't got nothin nice to say.
With that all said, I agree.
And mentioned before I find it a low act to create a thread about this to discuss a certain player to just make him look bad.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
My thread shall not be removed until it is closed. Thanks for the heart warming comments though.
I understand all points of view however I also have been informed that a direct approach to the relevant people never gets anywhere. This is why my discussion is now public, to raise awareness and gather opinions.
(01-07-2016, 10:39 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: My thread shall not be removed until it is closed. Thanks for the heart warming comments though.

See, you ask for opinions, then throw up stuff like this. Just makes me see this whole thing as childish, if you only want bad comments, only ask for them. I'm out this thread as I've better things to do with my time then watch biased behavior from someone who is complaining about biased behavior. Way to invalidate your purpose.
Stop with the hostility and go to sleep young padawan.
May I just say, speaking to NightHawk on a personal level, he seems like a really great guy to speak to. However, when it comes to administrative situations, he can become very patronising. I've seen it happen many a time where he would use his administrative power to get away with things that any normal player wouldn't.

Also, Brikaas, NightHawkd already looks bad with the countless abuse/report threads on him. I don't think this thread would make any difference to anyone's opinion. And Suarez, as a former moderator of the server, you should surely understand that people's opinions on server matters aren't "petty shite". Off topic, I think I posted three admin abuse cases on NightHawkd. Did he do anything to me to have me post these? No. I didn't have a grudge on him. I just saw an admin who was breaking rules and reported it.

Obviously, players who feel like they are just being swept under the rug in admin abuse cases, tend to make things public as they feel like they are being silenced in a way. I can fully understand why Mike posted this. The players of the server deserve to have their say on who administrates them and criticise the administration because without the players, the server is nothing.

Goodnight,

AwestruckBullet
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
(01-07-2016, 11:59 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: -snip-

>Suarez, as a moderator of the server

He resigned awhile ago as far as I know.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • Awestruck
(01-08-2016, 02:10 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: Honestly this thread is going exactly how I thought it would. Most of the opinions in this thread are just passive aggressive attacks. If you have a problem with an admins personality or way of administrating, you can contact Grub about it. Threads like this serve only for confirmation bias, and to try start a group think. People who hate him feel better because they read that others may not like him too. If you are arguing that this thread was made to help Nighthawkd become a better person, then you are truly mistaken, as much as you try to cover it up.

Right now the server has been more anti-staff than I have ever seen before, and its disgusting. We aren't out to destroy the community and hold an iron grip over the player base, treating it like a playground. It's like people who say the police are out to get them, and that they serve no purpose other than to arrest completely good people.

Some staff handle cases softly, and let even the biggest prop spammers try to explain themselves. Others like to have a firmer grip ,and make a point that rule breaking and ruining peoples experience on this server is not tolerated. It has always been like this, and people don't like getting their feelings hurt, so they immediately hold a grudge on staff members who are simply trying to do their job.

Except the fact that messaging Grub about it would get nowhere because he's just as bias.

People don't like getting their feelings hurt? Nah mate, it's more like people don't like to see abusive and demeaning staff members treat the player base like shit on a shoe. Respect works both ways, if you don't show me any respect, then there's no way on earth you'll get respect from me.

Some people just sit down and take it because they want a staff position, but some of us genuinely couldn't care - if we see something wrong, we'll pick you up on it, regardless of whether or not we are looking for promotion - I'd rather be promoted to staff on merit, and how I react with people, not for how raw I can make my tongue from all the boot licking.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 3 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Huskii, TheForgotten
I think that Nighthawkd should've let the guy who ran infront of his car go, and deal with the real minges down there. He does not do anything about the prop killer or random taze right in front of him. He can be a good admin, but then again unprofessional, like some other staff, he swears a lot in sits, (Ie "I suggest you back the fuck off") and so on. He could have dealt with this problem another way.