Seem fair?
Alright so to start off, i'd like to say I am great-full for the gift but it pisses me off how my cousin/sister always gets better things.

So, for Xmas, I got a AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1ghz (3.4ghz OC'd) with 4 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GTX 650 with a broken fan. So, I cant play any games or my GTX overheats and shuts down my PC. My parents paid around $300 for my PC. My PC other than some clothes was my only gift from them.

So, my sister/cousin got a intel i7, a beast af GPU, a razer naga, a new monitor, a new desk, a new chair, a steam account with 100+ games from h1z1 to the witcher 3. Her GPU is better than my brothers Galaxy GTX 680, and he's slaved over upgrades for 3 years and her first desktop she gets a better computer, a naga (used for MMOs, she doesn't even play MMOs) They paid over $900 for hers, including a new desk and a new chair.

My brother also got a new PC, its pretty much the same as his current one, but the processer is a little worse. Her's still passes both ours combined.

(I cant grab the exact specs of my sisters/cousin's PC because im not at her house atm.)
oh shes also only 12 too.

/rant over
Well, perhaps you should tell the people who brought the presents.
I see your point although, it is about the people around the you not what's under the tree.
(12-28-2015, 06:24 PM)Blurr Wrote: Well, perhaps you should tell the people who brought the presents.
I see your point although, it is about the people around the you not what's under the tree.

I did. I told my mom, and she said "I know"
The faq.

and yeah, it was nice seeing family, it just pisses me off that she always get anything better than my brothers.
(12-28-2015, 06:26 PM)Operation Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 06:24 PM)Blurr Wrote: Well, perhaps you should tell the people who brought the presents.

I did. I told my mom, and she said "I know"
The faq.

and yeah, it was nice seeing family, it just pisses me off that she always get anything better than my brothers.

Well, that is ashamed.
Quote:So, for Xmas, I got a AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1ghz (3.4ghz OC'd) with 4 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GTX 650 with a broken fan. So, I cant play any games or my GTX overheats and shuts down my PC. My parents paid around $300 for my PC. My PC other than some clothes was my only gift from them.

i had to ... im sorry

Spoiler :
My parents paid around $300 for my PC. My PC other than some clothes was my only gift from them.
[Image: first-world-problems.jpg]

does seem a bit unfair though, but you'll find that as you grow older the younger kids in your family are paid
much more attention, so if she's only twelve of course she'll get the better gift.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Im the youngest in my family and trust me, we have our parents wrapped around our little fingers. I have two brothers one aged 27 and the other 18. Im 16 and i always get more for my birthday than they do, i get alot more for christmas. I got over £1000 for christmas and they got around £300.

The only downside to being the youngest is that your parents will always call you 'the baby' of the family. I guess its worth it though =D. xD
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]
(12-28-2015, 06:47 PM)Ghost Rider Wrote: Im the youngest in my family and trust me, we have our parents wrapped around our little fingers. I have two brothers one aged 27 and the other 18. Im 16 and i always get the most for my birthday than they do, i get alot more for christmas. I got over £1000 for christmas and they got around £300.

The only downside to being the youngest is that your parents will always call you 'the baby' of the family. I guess its worth it though =D. xD

hahaha

im the middle child so I got no idea whats that like :p

currently im saving up for a GeForce gtx 650 Ti superclocked for $88 or so. parents wont help me because they said i need to wait till my birthday thats like 4 or so months away.
Be happy for anything you get.
The following 6 users Like Jan's post:
  • Ghost, Grunt, Blurr, Edned, Jerrycat, Adamantite
First of all, I'm confused of how your sister can be your cousin too...

Second of all, I mean c'mon man, please be grateful of the thought behind the present. Your parents may not be technically gifted in the sense that they know about all the specs, along with the fact there isn't much they can do about the GPU coming with a broken fan(a common problem with that make, just send it back and you'll get a new one mate) but if your sister got a more expensive PC then there is probably a reason behind it.

I'm sure your parents love you just as much as they do your sister. I've thought the same feelings as you have bud, if you feel a bit left out, the best thing to do is just have a little chat with them about it.

Hope this helped and all the best bud.
well i got a mug for x-mas
The following 1 user Likes Jericho's post:
  • Grunt