Fearlessrp.org
(12-29-2015, 12:34 PM)Infernaw Wrote: If you contribute to a community without payment, you can't just come back and ask for it.
Countless of people throughout the years have helped building up FL. Staff members and developers.
If you're not offered a payment in the beginning of your task, don't expect to earn anything afterwards.

Quit being such babies and focus on what really matters in your lives, instead of being caught up in virtual drama 24/7.

Was situations, like Soul not wanting to pay for the Evoradio, and making members fund it themselves. (Although he earned enough in 12 hours to cover it for a month.) 

Truth it, 90% of people commenting would do exactly the same, if one was in Soul's position, including myself. Good on him. Hope it's not been wasted. I mean if he invested with it, he could be a millionaire by now with relative ease.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Tomo
(12-29-2015, 11:01 PM)Jono Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 12:34 PM)Infernaw Wrote: If you contribute to a community without payment, you can't just come back and ask for it.
Countless of people throughout the years have helped building up FL. Staff members and developers.
If you're not offered a payment in the beginning of your task, don't expect to earn anything afterwards.

Quit being such babies and focus on what really matters in your lives, instead of being caught up in virtual drama 24/7.

Was situations, like Soul not wanting to pay for the Evoradio, and making members fund it themselves. (Although he earned enough in 12 hours to cover it for a month.) 

Truth it, 90% of people commenting would do exactly the same, if one was in Soul's position, including myself. Good on him. Hope it's not been wasted. I mean if he invested with it, he could be a millionaire by now with relative ease.

I think it is more than 90%. Pretty much all communities are following this model.
The following 1 user Likes Zyphix's post:
  • Adamantite
(12-30-2015, 12:20 AM)Zyphix Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 11:01 PM)Jono Wrote:

I think it is more than 90%. Pretty much all communities are following this model.

The difference is, these communities also are willing to spend money on the server beyond basically functionality, and the odd thing here and there.  That's what a lot of people had issues with. Once again, i'd do the same, but I also understand how people can get angry about it. Most people donate to further themselves in game, with the side effect of helping run the server. People don't like the side effect of helping someone make monetary gains instead. 

It really is a non issue though. Got a problem with it, do not donate. It really is as simple as that, but you not donating will not change anything, so  Angel
A more fitting signature. 
Like I said; If Soul didn't want to fund anything, they could've refrained from funding it themselves. Simple as.
Then not only the admin team, but the rest of the community would be worried about updates and eventually maybe stop donating (which also happened now and then).
I hate how surprised some people can be about this. Especially people who have known and worked with Soul.
The boat jokes and donation discussion drama have been around for years.
It's just that some people constantly feel like they need to prove themselves, thinking they're so called "game changers".
This is not a personal attack against anyone. It's just that we've had enough of these situations for literally years. Why oh why is this still going on. Smh.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 2 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Hitman, Grunt
(12-29-2015, 08:59 AM)Grunt Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 05:04 AM)Falcon Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 10:57 PM)Grunt Wrote: I think it's more sad that the person who made this doesn't realise that FL is a creation that Soul founded and therefore has every right to collect all the royalties that come with that, such as the donation money.

The servers are still up and we get decent updates?

I honestly don't know how people have this much time on their hands to make websites to complain about a Garry's mod server!

Tax evasion is illegal.

Js.

Depends what status Fearless has in terms of a business, in the Netherlands, donations can be tax free or reduced if the organisation is on the ANBI.

Wether or not the owner does tax evade has got nothing to do with us and is down to the authorities to deal with.

In this day and age, especially in counties like the UK where it's a very large problem, tax evasion is on the rise, but I really don't think this is a place to debate politics Wink

FL's terms of business is profit. so it is tax evasion/illegal in US dont know about EU nations but the US is assholes about tax evasion.

(not trying to start a flame war just stating my opinion..)
(12-28-2015, 02:20 PM)DVN Wrote: Yeah the site is free speech, although it breaches copyright laws using the Fearless logo, and the URL itself is definitely way too similar to ours. May I also add that websites like these can actually be deemed as phishing sites or scams due to the effort taken to look awfully similar to ours using the logo, font and same text colours.

It's not about free speech, it's been created to mock and cause harm to the server with information that we cannot even stand by. I could have created that chat log and blocked up all those names and created a fake key, it's way too easy.

Stop being freaking zombies.

logo is fair use

as for the domain that is likely copyright, domains that intentionally steal traffic can be seized & given to the owner of the victimized domain, happens all the time with those bots that make websites like steeampowered.com and shit

examples are on this site
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
When I read that, I don't really see any "truths", just things that have been repeated for months on end. I am tired of the community vs community thing. There never was any official competition, they are seperate entities. I just wish it would stop. I don't care what this person thinks Soul did and how "innocent" the other community is, I just want to enjoy the sever I love and have loved and called home since 2011.
The following 2 users Like Hitman's post:
  • TheMJ, Grunt
He gets given thousands a year, we get it. Stop fucking donating if you don't support it. Does he not keep the servers up, develop for them, deal with issues such as DDoS?
If you don't like the way money is handled, don't donate.
What does he do with the spare money, he keeps it for himself I guess, no issues, because he has worked hard for FL, and FL is sorta his job.
The following 5 users Like Conn's post:
  • Baskingner, Suarez, TheMJ, Grunt, Haarek
(12-31-2015, 09:31 AM)connbob Wrote: He gets given thousands a year, we get it. Stop freaking donating if you don't support it. Does he not keep the servers up, develop for them, deal with issues such as DDoS?
If you don't like the way money is handled, don't donate.
What does he do with the spare money, he keeps it for himself I guess, no issues, because he has worked hard for FL, and FL is sorta his job.

Probably the first time I have to agree with you on this.
The following 3 users Like Suarez's post:
  • TheMJ, Grunt, Haarek