Unban Request
Your name: Tzimanious

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:34865831

Your ban ID: 68449

Banned by: [FL]Pear

Reason: FearRP

Involved: Reepos, Me and the cop

Why we should unban you: 

I punched the officer. Ran away. (About 10 meters) He was trying to find out who did it and when he saw me running away he pulled out his tazer and started chasing me. Where was FearRP broken? 

Just because he pulls his tazer doesn't mean that I should freeze. It's not a gun. I have to be to the tazer's range in order to be under FearRP. I never was in the tazer's proximity hence why I didn't get tazed until I ran into my car. Also, I had more than 200ping and If I got close to him it was probably lag and that's why he couldn't taze me. 

http://i.imgur.com/QJ7AoaU Here's the distance we had when he pulled his tazer. That's not even close to how far the tazer can shoot. 

IF he pulled a GUN (which he didn't) I would have freezed and do as he said in that range. However, having a tazer out, that distance is safe enough for me to run away. Reepos can confirm about the distances.
I was inside Tzimanious' car. The cop took some time to see who punched him and Tzimanious had all the time to run away from him. He stayed behind the car (Which is not EXACTLY like its pictured but a bit closer to the 2 yellow lines) to see if the cop will try to chase him or not. When he saw him pulling the tazer (he was behind the car) he started running again. I saw him lag spiking a bit but the cop never got close enough nor said anything to stop him. He just chased him with the tazer from a good 10 meter distance.
Also, if the cop got actually close enough (which he never did) I didn't realise it because I was having some lag and it wasn't really clear. However, I'm really sorry. I got back from a long break and tried not to get banned again. I was playing clean. I ran away from him. He didn't pull his tazer right away. He wasn't close enough to taze me that's why I ran. The tazer is not a long range gun. Just because he pulled his tazer didn't mean I'd have to freeze, he was really far. I'm sorry about this, I hope it gets solved because I wanted to play clean and stop the bans. Even if the cop got close enough to me in order to taze me, it could have easily been a misconception.

If I was standing in front of him when he took the tazer out and then I started running, I would accept the ban just as. However, I was really far from him.
Hello,
taser's range is much farther now (it was updated about 6 months ago), therefore fearrp range extended. When I came by, I saw you and the cop way closer than in a picture. You saw him with the taser behind you, closer than in picture and kept running. Why is that?
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
(12-26-2015, 10:33 PM)Pear Wrote: Hello,
taser's range is much farther now (it was updated about 6 months ago), therefore fearrp range extended. When I came by, I saw you and the cop way closer than in a picture. You saw him with the taser behind you, closer than in picture and kept running. Why is that?

As I said, I was having some lag at the time (Not saying that as an excuse but) and if he really got close to me it was due to lag. I mean, if he really did come close to me why didn't he taze me? Even if the tazer range is actually better/longer now the distance between me and the cop (at least when he realised that I was the suspect) wasn't close enough. 

However, when I saw him pulling the taser I started running. Why would I stop if I had the "advantage"? I wouldn't run at him anyway so I kept running. What's the point of the taser if not to stop someone fleeing (me)? You can see someone running and start chasing him with the taser in order to stop him. He wouldn't stop just because you're chasing him, there's a chance he can get away. 

My case is: I was far enough from the cop. He took his taser out, I started running (still far away from him), he started chasing me. If somehow he reached me he should have tased me and not expect me to stop just because he is close enough. You probably saw us after the "chase" had started and he was close enough to tase me, which he did at the end. 

If he was confronting me and then took his taser out in order to arrest me and I started running it would be clearly FearRP breakage. 
My point is that I was far enough when he pulled his taser and therefore I had the advantage. I could have taken my gun out and shoot him. If he had pulled a pistol it would be different.
The point I'm trying to make is that if he EVER was close enough to tase me, he would have done it. That's why I thought he never got close enough. He was chasing me with his taser out but not within the tase proximity.

To make it clear (because my previous post might be a bit vague).

I punch the cop -> He goes like "What? Who did that?" and starts checking the people in front of him -> I run behind my car (about the photo's distance) -> He turns back and sees me as I reach my car -> He pulls his taser -> I start running -> He starts chasing me -> I'm trying to flee (rubberbanding a bit because of the lag, so things are not really clear) -> I go near the hospital tunnel and make a "U" turn (you get it) so I can get back to my car ==Probably where you came in and saw me== -> Now, instead of being in front of him, I turn and get to his right for a second -> I get in front of him again and run to my car -> I bump into my car (because of lag) and the cop tases me -> I get banned.

So, in this whole situation if he could have tased me, he would have done it and that's why I never thought I was breaking any rule.
Hello,
Either he aimed really badly or he forgot to reload the taser (not knowing you need to reload it), a taser is considered a weapon, so if you see someone running behind you with a taser, you should have stopped.
From my point of view he was close enough to taze you and make you under fearrp.
Kind Regards,
Pear

(12-26-2015, 11:28 PM)Pear Wrote: Hello,
Either he aimed really badly or he forgot to reload the taser (not knowing you need to reload it), a taser is considered a weapon, so if you see someone running behind you with a taser, you should have stopped.
From my point of view he was close enough to taze you and make you under fearrp.

I was already far enough when he was chasing me. Throughout the whole chase I kept a safe distance. 

The taser is considered a very close range weapon. Not a weapon. If I see someone running with a knife behind me I wouldn't stop because he wouldn't be able to stab me. 

Even if he got within the taser's range, I'm looking forward, I'm having some lag and I'm not measuring the meters between him and me. As long he's not like 1 or 2 meters close to me or didn't put me against an object or a wall I kept running. It's not that weird. In my mind I had a really safe distance between me and him. He never got obviously "lethally" close to me so I kept running. 

I didn't get away from his gun. (FearRP) He just never got close enough. How is it FearRP when you're not in danger? 

I'm saying again. If he did come close to me (Not really close just within the taser's range which is not exact) it was for a really short period of time therefore I kept running. I'm trying to get away from him while I have 200+ping. I'm not measuring his distance. It could very easily been a misconception. It's not ban-worthy. It could have easily been a misjudge (It certainly wasn't clear FearRP breakage). I'm trying to play clean and not get any bans and it would be really unfortunate to spoil my ban history again for such an unclear moment.
The thing is, I saw you much closer than shown in the picture. You've been in the striking distance of the taser.
Kind Regards,
Pear

(12-27-2015, 04:27 PM)Pear Wrote: The thing is, I saw you much closer than shown in the picture. You've been in the striking distance of the taser.

Yes, while that MIGHT be true (I was rubberbanding). I wasn't within the taser's distance from the start. In the picture I'm trying to show how it all started. Since I had the advantage, I started running. 

He started chasing me and he might have gotten closer. How am I supposed to know that since I'm looking forward. There's no way I could have known he was close to me. Even if I saw him close it was for a really small amount of time and as I said, what's the point of the taser if not to stop someone. It's supposed to be used and not just waved around.