rp_rockford_v1b
hi yes this might be better in suggestions but i want a discussion thanks

So, rp_rockford_V1b is a big (yet optimized) map (maybe the size of v33x but I want to say larger, however a lot of it is countryside). I believe it was a replacement for v2p at one point but I don't remember.
Here's a link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=328751281

The map is created by a professional (I mean legitimately professional, he takes commissions) mapper who has lots of experience and thus is very optimized. I run a pretty below average laptop with Intel 4000 HD integrated graphics and an i5 mobile. I get around 80 FPS with dips into 60 when there is a lot of action going on.

In regards to realism, it is a much more RP friendly and realistic map. There is a proper police station, EMS and Fire Station, restauraunts and almost all stores have a realistic back section. It comes with a lot of props (some of which are included in the EvoCity maps) which would increase the content size somewhat but almost all of the props could be used in RPs. It doesn't used many (if any) of the run down CSS/HL2 textures that make the city look apocalyptic in some areas (but does have a good slums)! There are a lot more stores to build in (and most have a lot more room to build in) and many are square in shape making it easier to make a dupe in. Elevators seem to work a lot better as well.

Oh! The hospital is also actually logical. Instead of having an emergency section in the back (like what hospital would actually do that), it is in the front and is a loop (no awkward 10 point turns!).  There's more than enough housing for 75 players and a larger variety of housing to suit different roleplays. There are country houses, slummy apartments, middle class apartments, and nice suburban houses.

Some negatives are the cliffs that are easy to fall off of, but there are ways back up. Artificial barriers could also be added.

anyway

please test out the map, have a merry christmas, and tell me your thoughts
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 2 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • ltblackcoat, Cox
I will Download and fly around in it before I give my verdict.

I am however all for a new map. (for many reasons)
Please add this map, don't see what can go wrong
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
Review: at a glance.

Pro:

A place for all Roles. (mechanic included)

A EMS as well as a hospital and fire department.

Has two large Warehouses for the large custom RPs.

It really does feel more realistic.

Plenty of houses.

Plenty of warehouses and shops.

A underground Nightclub.

All districts have at lest 2 ways in.

Cons:

Jails (and by extension PD) is hard to defend.

The problem is that the candidate of the mafias home is the Suburbs...there are good houses here But no one lives near em in fear of being mugged...(meta or not)

The quickest way to Suburbs is a tall twisting road.

The candidate for the Prez office has some ugly ass glass offices.

Town hall has the only lift on the map, and is practically one of the only two story structors (ignoring some houses and flats)

No farms...not much country actually besides some separated warehouses a gas station and two beach side homes.

Many stores don't have back rooms.

The cliffs are a serious issue and will indeed need blocking at its lower levels.

No "under labs", the night Club is the ONLY underground property (there is only one other basement in suburbs).

Invisible walls in places. (really can kill immersion)

Notes:

The rebels spawn point could be at a "Glass" warehouse.

Heavy Goods RP, can be done between far reaching warehouses.

There is a pre-made shop called "Quarantine Solutions".

Has a lot of neat features including plenty of parking.
The following 1 user Likes ltblackcoat's post:
  • Cox
To update I found this country house that can somewhat pass off as a ranch...but not really...
We have had these old maps since the community was made. The old ones are also incredibly boring. I dont think we should change maps because we are bored, but come on soul! 7 years! or less i dont remember exact day this community was founded.
Thats enough for a child to be made and grown into a thinking little creature who eats on hes own! The maps are old, outdated, and are one of the main reasons i dont even like playing so ofter. Nothing changes, only the way things are done. Its the same house, same corleones, always contrawhoring in the SAME FUCKING CORNER. Soul, we WANT a change. Atleast put a vote for it, a FAIR vote, not any 10 minute one, but make it last 2 weeks. Peace.
The following 1 user Likes already_fallen's post:
  • ltblackcoat
I really like this map. I rarely play v33x because it doesn't run well at all. It would be interesting to see this map instead of v33x, perhaps a trial period would be good so that we can get more of a community opinion as many people don't use the forums.
delete both servers, 1 server 120 pop or something on that map would be best.
The map was tested back in August but was rules out because of bugs with the gamemode causing players to be able to nocollide through world props.
(12-26-2015, 03:52 PM)already_fallen Wrote: We have had these old maps since the community was made. The old ones are also incredibly boring. I dont think we should change maps because we are bored, but come on soul! 7 years! or less i dont remember exact day this community was founded.
Thats enough for a child to be made and grown into a thinking little creature who eats on hes own! The maps are old, outdated, and are one of the main reasons i dont even like playing so ofter. Nothing changes, only the way things are done. Its the same house, same corleones, always contrawhoring in the SAME freaking CORNER. Soul, we WANT a change. Atleast put a vote for it, a FAIR vote, not any 10 minute one, but make it last 2 weeks. Peace.

I don't want a change, I like the way it works at the moment. You are talking as if you got the entire community on your side, when the fact is alot of people like it just the way it is right now.