[Discussion] v33x Problems & How To Resolve
[BEFORE READING THIS, DO NOT JUMP TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THIS IS SOME KIND OF BIG VOTE, IT IS A DISCUSSION]

As an active v33x player, i know how the server works and how the staff operate on it. Well, lets face it, there are rarely any staff on there that can deal with rule breakers.

This has become an ongoing problem and i have only really thought of one solution.

As one of the only extremely active and dedicated players to v33x, i would like to discuss Brikaas, how he is always completely active, fully helpful, and deserves some kind of commendation [Consideration of a offering of moderator position]

I know this is something that is discussed within the higher ranking staff usually, however, i'd just like to gather opinions as lets face it, v33x is so mingy and Brikass, although i dont believe has been a teacher that long????? has completely shown me (and the other v33x players) how much he helps to the extent that he can.

Please dont give me hate for posting this as i just want a friendly discussion.

Thanks,
Dan

The following 2 users Like Danny Boy's post:
  • Brikaas, Kierondeeuk
It would be a great idea to see Brikaas as a moderator (or atleast trial or something) because the thing is when the admins are gone and everyone realises that the server turns into the purge full of prop spammers and minges this is really a shame because everyone I know likes the server, these are just a few things that I think feel free to discuss them with me if you think any of them are wrong.

Ty,
Crotch Rocketeer.
The following 2 users Like Vossy's post:
  • Danny Boy, Brikaas
V33 is hands down the better of the two maps, (Complete with elevator that actually works, and a really awesome Jail).

I remember Playing my first like...150 hours there, However When me and my Clan mates tried to get RP'ing over there, there was this "lag" problem some of us got.

In my mind the only thing that would trigger that would be the maps unique "Sky Box" mod (makes the map change from day to night in a loop). (I have no issues)

Anyway I am all for more staff there, but there are bigger issues at stake I think.

(PS.Seriously I hate the "classic" map, and want it replaced.)
We are not going to give you hate for posting your opinion!

We are fully aware that v33x can regularly be understaffed, and it has improved quite a lot since recent promotions. A large problem that some of us face is that the v33x server is a lot more laggy than v2d. For those of us who have potato computers (me, for example), it is very hard to run the game on decent fps, especially when the server is very full. Possible promotions are constantly discussed and i'm sure the higher ranking staff will promote people if necessary. You must understand that deciding on promotions is probably a very lengthy process and must be done correctly.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us, it's really appreciated.

Tomo
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 4 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Spear, Danny Boy, Emil, Kierondeeuk
(12-26-2015, 12:56 AM)ltblackcoat Wrote: I remember Playing my first like...150 hours there, However When me and my Clan mates tried to get RP'ing over there, there was this "lag" problem some of us got.

In my mind the only thing that would trigger that would be the maps unique "Sky Box" mod (makes the map change from day to night in a loop). (I have no issues)

It's a number of things that cause v33x to lag. Source is a finicky engine and it takes a lot of experience developing maps for it to get optimization right. I am currently getting 80 FPS on a 4 year old laptop with integrated graphics on rp_rockford_v1b (a much larger and visually superior map), while running a non-sandbox gamemode and having a load of props spawned.

Also, just an FYI, the sky box mod you're referring to is Atmos

Related to the actual thread, if there are staff on v2d make sure to send @ calls as they go for all servers. Staff will come and assist.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • ltblackcoat
Thanks for the feedback guys

I understand on how we all feel about v33x and those who know me might know that Im trying to keep the things bit clean there. I myself do not feel the lag of v33x I keep having a stable FPS between 30 and 60 everywere with some places above 100.

And It really makes me happy that you mentioned me, not about the moderator stuff, It makes me happy to see that Im good on what Im currently doing and that It helps others..

Merry Christmas
Xoxo
Brikaas
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
The following 3 users Like Brikaas's post:
  • Spear, Balls, Danny Boy
Yeah, i'm the exact same as you Brikaas, but i feel like you do so much to help keep the server from reaching crazy levels of rule breaking and dont really get much commendation for doing so.

Keep Up the Great Work

The following 1 user Likes Danny Boy's post:
  • Brikaas
The server is always a mess late on the night (early on the mornings).

The following 1 user Likes Spear's post:
  • Emil
The admins have tinpot PCs..
jkjk, v33x was the best map for a while, I only started playing V2D as it was where all my friends with tinpot PCs went Tounge
once again, jkjk.
v33x is just a more intensive map to run than v2d, and I can remember when I wasn't banned, that most admins went on v2d.
I think that people should be scouted if they play 33x as their main map, as they will continue to do so!