Poll: Is falcao doomforting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
49.06%
26 49.06%
No
45.28%
24 45.28%
Dont know
5.66%
3 5.66%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Doomforting Falcao
This whole thread is a waste of time. If you think this is a Doom-Fort, then post a Player Report.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 2 users Like Reebs's post:
  • JackZ, Ludo
(12-15-2015, 07:30 PM)Reebs Wrote: This whole thread is a waste of time. If you think this is a Doom-Fort, then post a Player Report.

We got told by a staff member to post this here. 
So no, stop saying that it is a waste of time.
Nobody told you to take time and reply here.
(12-15-2015, 07:35 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 07:30 PM)Reebs Wrote: This whole thread is a waste of time. If you think this is a Doom-Fort, then post a Player Report.

I told them to post this here.

Why was that?
I would like to highlight all props were broken down via molotovs and the base was rushed by the opposing team.

I'll inform you that in order for it to be classed a doomfort the structure needs to be near impossible to defeat due to a multitude of reasons.

Please see base rules:

Base rules

18.1 All buildings in the main city street and all obvious shops are reserved for passive roleplay; do not base here.
18.2 Walls used to surround a base can't be more than 4 metres tall (4 PHX units).
18.3 Bases must fit the roleplay of the situation. For example, poor characters cannot afford high-tech bases.
18.4 Barricades must be made so that the attacker has a reasonable chance of victory.
18.5 Do not use the fading door tool to fade a prop away in order to shoot.
18.6 Props with one-sided textures are only allowed to be used as a window. Using these props as part of a doomfort or to make it easier for you to shoot attackers is not allowed.
18.7 Doomforts are not allowed.

I will also quote this "you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party."

I would not say that any of these props come under that category as the raiding party were not dazzled, blinded or visually confused as both parties took a fair ammount of shots, I indeed died and so did Grunt.

Thanks.
(12-15-2015, 08:05 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 07:38 PM)TheLoneWolf Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 07:35 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:

I told them to post this here.

Why was that?

As I have said before, I wanted this thread to be about discussing doomfort rules, and suggestions on how to modify them. Never said for this to be directed at Falcao though.

Oh right. Loads of rules need to be clarified. Although Doomforting has it's own section to clarify it, it still isn't very clear. I've asked for rules to become clearer in the past but unfortunately it clearly hasn't been introduced properly.
How is this anything close to realistic? Completely black confusing walls with a large narrow hallway. I am amazed an admin would make this, it is not realistic and you roleplaying is unlikely considering how aggressive this is. Those walls and barricades are obviously not realistic + you originally planned to have barricades that stopped rushing through the narrow hallway too before it got moltoved.

Anyone who is unbiased and reasonable can understand that this is a doomfort.

I have been SRU countless times recently raiding this area. (Most likely against Falcao.) And it is almost impossible to rush that narrow bottleneck even with a concussion. You also can't get an effective shot at the angles you are forced into.

It reminds me of the movie 300. Where their only hope was to fight the persians in a narrow valley to only fight a limited amount at a time. Literally the officers behind the front line (If you rush in) can't do anything and ends up blocking the people who are in the front.

He also states that he cannot see how this is a doomfort. Doesn't this ring a slight bell?
Falcao, I think you should reconsider what you do on the server, or at least how you go about making these bases.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 5 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Xtremefighter, MasterNoda, MrSir, mgdwszx, Jericho
I still stand by what I have said at the start, this is not a doomfort and gave no unfair advantage to me, Mike or Grunt. It stays within the rules, it's not a multi colored wall which tries to confuse people, it is just black which also had lights above it in order to see us. Our shooting gaps were also within the rules meaning this is not a doomfort.

All this base takes to defeat is tactics rather than SRU and Officers running in one at a time with no idea nor thought put into it. This base is defused by a simple concussion grenade and a few people pushing together, which may I add happened and Mike and Grunt both died and I only survived by managing to scavenge my way into a room.

Half of the reasoning behind not seeing us is from the molotovs thrown in there which blocks out the view to us yourself, if they were not thrown you'd see us clearly.

Me, Hitman and Tomo were the three staff members online at the time and the three of us concluded that the base was fine and not doomforted and that was our decision.

Finally, can we respect the reasoning behind this thread staying open please? It's to discuss the doomforting rules and modifying them as Noda stated but this has just been countless attacks on myself. So if this cannot be followed then I will have to go ahead and close it, thank you.
The following 5 users Like Falc's post:
  • Tomo, Mike, MasterNoda, Grunt, Ludo
(12-16-2015, 12:57 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: Okay, past this point I would like only thoughts and ideas on how to further define doomforting.

What is seen in the photos that some of you have posted is clearly a disadvantage for raiding players, as they cannot expect where to be fired from. The pitch black color along with a smooth material allow for some props to be hidden.

So I propose this to be added to the doomforting explanation:

Colors and materials that remove the depth perception of a prop and allow it to perfectly blend in with the surrounding props cannot be used in defenses (Example: Pitch black color on a barricade and the walls behind it.)

I believe this would make raids more fair for the raiders, and still allow for the defenders to use the shooting points and barricades, as they were made, for defenses.

I would love to see this rule in place, it would certainly make things more interesting. Both in raids and admin situations.
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Offensive post
dw, xtreme is just salty
I checked up with the old SA team back in 2014, the picture underneath was deemed as a doomfort due to the colors. However; If  colored with realistic materials that wouldn't blend in each other it would be allowed.
[Image: 100D4D4F44617349756B8D49DD24EEB1D96BA06D]

I agree with MasterNoda this should be added to the explanation.
MasterNoda Wrote:Colors and materials that remove the depth perception of a prop and allow it to perfectly blend in with the surrounding props cannot be used in defenses (Example: Pitch black color on a barricade and the walls behind it.)