Game crashes on join
(12-15-2015, 08:19 AM)Avgar Wrote: This is starting to get obscure, but which browser and version of browser are you using to download the maps?

Chrome, newest update I think.
Alright, sorry for the bump but I just found out that I can connect to the build server with no problems but I still can't play on V2D or V33X (the servers, not the maps).
EDIT: I FIXED IT, kind of... The "fearless_content" folder breaks my game for some reason. Whenever I take it out, the game works fine on the normal servers while having it in crashes it. Now what?
EDIT 2: Aaaand now my game crashes when I open the console while being on the server.
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Edned
Does this happen with all of the servers you attempt to join?
If it does, I would suggest removing each addon and slowly adding them back, so you can see which one is causing your client to bug out and crash. Have you checked your crash logs for any error codes?
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
(12-18-2015, 09:01 PM)Edned Wrote: Does this happen with all of the servers you attempt to join?
If it does, I would suggest removing each addon and slowly adding them back, so you can see which one is causing your client to bug out and crash. Have you checked your crash logs for any error codes?

So far, it seems like it's 5 files: the Fearless_content folder and then the 4 Content-addon files (from the actual addon).
When the game had to update, F-Secure (TDC Sikkerhedspakke to be exact) kept saying that hl2.exe was a virus. I think it may have been blocking some files from loading. I'll try again to see if it works now. If it doesn't, I'll try removing the entire GMod folder and reinstalling and then manually reinstalling all the other addons.
EDIT: I just deleted the entire GMod-folder then reinstalled it and it still doesn't work when I add in the fearless_content folder. Last solution I have thought of is comparing my folder to someone else's. Is anyone able to upload their "fearless_content" folder to Dropbox or some other site where I can download it from instead?

EDIT again: I found out that it's the "models"-folder inside the "fearless_content" folder that's doing this, problem is I need that folder because I still see errors when taking it out.

Hopefully last EDIT: Looks like I somehow fixed it, I no longer crash when joining. But even though I've installed all of the content and all, I still see errors. I have installed everything needed, so what else should I do?

Annddd now it stopped working. I am so confused, I haven't done a single thing since last time I tried where it worked, and now suddenly it starts crashing again, all because of that shitty folder. Is anyone able to help me fix this somehow?

And this should be the last EDIT because I found a solution which will hopefully keep working: Using "mat_dxlevel 90" in the console fixes it, but it keeps going back to "mat_dxlevel 80" every time I restart the game.