Game crashes on join
Not much to say: my GMod crashes when I try to join the FL servers (only FL as far as I know, others worked).
It doesn't come with a popup or anything: the game just freezes then closes. There's already a thread that shows how to fix it but it didn't work for me. I've searched around and used multiple other fixes, but it still doesn't work. I've cleared the cache-folder, the addons folder etc. but still nothing. Anyone know any other solutions?
Try disabling all your workshop addons and uninstall FL content on the workshop and re install them.

If not I got no idea..
Already disabled all my addons, currently have no addons in my folder (they are in a backup-folder). I also tried clearing the cache then verifying the game which did something though it didn't fix it completely (just made me able to actually see the picture on the loading screen)
Try starting a single player game before joining the FL servers.
Also try each and every server with this method: v2d, v33x, build.
(12-13-2015, 03:50 PM)Avgar Wrote: Try starting a single player game before joining the FL servers.

This has happened to me before - this will fix your problem.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(12-13-2015, 04:14 PM)Link Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 03:50 PM)Avgar Wrote: Try starting a single player game before joining the FL servers.

This has happened to me before - this will fix your problem.

I should probably have mentioned I already tried this. Not sure if it actually did anything but I know it didn't stop me from crashing.
I'm currently trying to reinstall GMod, I'll see if that works.

EDIT: Alright, so I reinstalled GMod. Before putting back my backups (download and addons folders), I tried joining, and it seemed to work. Instead of crashing, it went ahead and started downloading the map. Cancelled the join then put my backups in there. Then I tried again, and now it crashed again. I took out my download folder ( I had already tried taking out all my addons before the reinstall) and this time, it worked, it started downloading the map (again).
So if anyone else has this problem and the other fixes don't work: Take out your "download" folder!

EDIT2: Well then... When I installed the maps (v33x and v2d), the game starts crashing again. When I take them out, it starts downloading the map. Doesn't crash, starts downloading but never actually get's anywhere...
(12-13-2015, 04:45 PM)Emil2205 Wrote: EDIT2: Well then... When I installed the maps (v33x and v2d), the game starts crashing again. When I take them out, it starts downloading the map. Doesn't crash, starts downloading but never actually get's anywhere...

Where are you getting the maps from? Via the server or the forum website?
Reinstalling wont work.
Delete ALL your addons.
Download ONLY the addons used for Fearless RP.
Worked for me.
[Image: e19f63ddb7.png]
(12-15-2015, 12:32 AM)Grunt Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 04:45 PM)Emil2205 Wrote: EDIT2: Well then... When I installed the maps (v33x and v2d), the game starts crashing again. When I take them out, it starts downloading the map. Doesn't crash, starts downloading but never actually get's anywhere...

Where are you getting the maps from? Via the server or the forum website?

From the forums.

(12-15-2015, 01:06 AM)Mozart Wrote: Reinstalling wont work.
Delete ALL your addons.
Download ONLY the addons used for Fearless RP.
Worked for me.

I've already tried taking out all my addons from my addons-folder and I already unsubscribed to all my addons. I'll try redownloading the needed addons for FL when I get home but to be honest, I don't think it'll work better since I've already tried something like that.
This is starting to get obscure, but which browser and version of browser are you using to download the maps?