A Review of my Fearless Experience since coming back.
Greetings Fearless,

So, It's been just under a week since rejoining the community from over a year's hiatus. And I thought I'd make this "review" on how my experience has been so far, as this time period would dictate whether or not I would remain in the community. So, How I'm going to write this is pretty simple. There will be a positive part, and a negative part, explaining what's been good in my short time, and what has not been so good. So, Without further ado, Let's crack on.

The Positives

New additions since last time.

Admittedly, I won't go into massive detail like I originally thought I would. But I'll summarize what I think of all the new changes I've seen. All the new Vehicles are great, Especially the Smart car and Aston Martin V12 Vantage. The SRU Van is a great addition, and the RP point restriction prevents it from being abused. I don't think I miss any of the vehicles that were removed, maybe the Corvette, But that's about it.
While I most likely have not seen ALL of the new features, There are a few that I've seen that I defiantly know about. First, A whole new job, The Mechanic. Now, one of my more fonder memories I have from FL was when the admins/mods at the time (Mainly referring to Enzyme, Venom and ZedsDead) had a blast modifying cars with unique customization options. and since then now everyone has access to that!. I've briefly seen [FL:RP] Lesanka and [FL:M Avgar] use some kind of "Visitor' system while role playing as Nexus Desk Secretaries (Still annoyed I got left like dat ;-; ), but without using it myself I don't really know the full extension of it. I've seen some tweaks to old problems, such as Kevlar not being removed if you crash/DC in game. And props/contraband/doors no longer immediately going away if you dc/crash, which is a big welcome change. I've seen a ton of new clothing, such as Marlowe's suit and hat, and the old security outfit, which are all great ways to enhance the RP experience. 
There are probably a load of more things I'm missing or forgotten about, and apologies if I have, but overall most, if not all, of the changes I have seen have been positive ones.

Community

Ah, Now this is the most touchy of topics for me, as this will also be present in the negatives which I'll get to later. But, The positives of the community. Now, due to not only the long period of time I was away, as well as the community split I was told about that happened some time ago (Around August I think), I recognize barely anyone, if anyone. But, that does mean I start with a new slate, and get to know people again. So, how has the positive side of the community been? Fantastic!. There have been quite a few really nice and enjoyable people to be around since rejoining the server, both staff and non-staff members. Starting with staff, almost all of the staff I have encountered have been friendly and great role players, and some of them have gone out of there way to involve me when they see I'm not involved in anything. I want to give "Shout-outs" to a three of those staff members. [FL:M] Hitman, [FL:M] Pear, [FL:M] Skummet  Both Hitman and Pear have been incredibly friendly and approachable, to the point I am now friends with both of them outside of just the RP. They both have been very supportive during the last couple of days after a incredibly depressing event happened on the 26th of November, and have actively attempted to get me involved in an RP, or just simply hang out with me when there is no one else around that I know. Skummet has also been friendly and approachable, hanging around with me and even doing a sweet Criminal/Burglar role play with me, and while I have not been asked to be his friend outside of the RP, This may change over the next few days.
Staff are not the only people though. There are some non-staff members who defiantly need some "shout-outs" as well. Those people being Infernaw, [FL:RP] Lesanka, Cowgirl Kate,  and [FL:RP] Reebs. Starting with [FL:RP] Reebs, while I didn't get to spend much time with him, he remembers me from the last time we played, and simply amazed me with how much he wanted to help me get back into FL, inviting me into his RP, offering to give me items and help me out. [FL:RP] Lesanka started getting involved with me thanks to Infernaw, and on both occasions I have had an RP with her, they have been incredibly fun (At least for me), and enjoyable. I can easily see why she is a Teacher, as she has amazing talent at RPing, and I defiantly look forward to RPing with her again. Cowgirl Kate quickly became a good friend to me after an Spetznaz RP (Filled with tons of salutes) and a Criminal RP, she has been very friendly to me, and showing support after the event that occurred. Infernaw has also became a friend to me, going out of her way to involve me in more than one RP, and being a very approachable person on all the occasions I've talked to her. And, as I said earlier, Infernaw introduced me to [FL:RP] Lesanka, who may not of even bothered with me had Infernaw not gotten me involved. She does her absolute best to make sure I fit in some way and not feel alienated when around people I do not know (Which I get a lot, hence sometimes I'm uncomfortable).

The Negatives

Things that have not changed

Honestly, there is only ONE thing that has not changed that I am a little annoyed about. The fact I cannot move my own contraband with my phyx gun!. Come on, It is SO frustrating that I have to either push them by walking into a position, or try and pick them up with my hands and manually move them. I should post this as a suggestion and see if it gets any support, but this has bothered me for a LONG period of time, and even after the almost 2 years I've been a part of the community, this is still an issue.

Community

Now, every community has its bad side, I do have to mention the bad side of FL's community. Now, we have the obvious CDM'ers, RDM'ers, And generic rule breakers that are always going to be a part of FL's community, as they are a part of any community. It's something we all have to get used to and deal with every time they arrive. Since my return to FL, I have had 2 cases of CDM and 1 case of RDM. It's just something that happens and we deal with. However, a big problem I have seen, and I've talked to a few people about it, is just the sheer amount of aggressive RP I have seen since my return. 99% of all Citizens I see are either Criminals, Or a small RP group doing there own little thing. But majority of the time it's Criminals...since my return, I have been mugged 15 times!. All from different criminals!. There really does need to be some more passive RP, as the aggressive RP is just overflowing at the moment.
There will be no names, but, I will say there have been staff members who have not been as friendly as I thought they might be. Now, to clarify, all of the staff I have met have been friendly. What I mean by not as friendly is simply the fact most of them have outright ignored me trying to approach them, effectively blocking me from trying to know them. Obviously, I have not encountered a problem with them doing their job as a Admin/Moderator, but I do feel those staff do need to be a bit more friendly/approachable in general, as I felt disliked by a lot of them, or judged before they even got to know me. Now, you can argue they are doing there job, probably have a lot of stress from doing their jobs, and don't have the time for me. Or have outside problems that there dealing with and I just approached them at the wrong time, hence there will be no naming. There have been non-staff who also could of been friendlier, though the majority of those players have been either in a small clan/group and doing there own thing, or new-ish players who simply don't care.

Conclusion and Final input

Overall, The positives outweigh the negatives. I have had a lot of fun with the community in the small space of time since coming back, and I thoroughly look forward to more experiences in the community. Yes, there are a couple of issues, but none that cannot be easily resolved. And thanks especially to the people I talked about, I defiantly am looking forward to meeting more people, and working my way towards being a better RP'er, a better person, and a better contributor to the Fearless Community.

Feel free to leave any thoughts or things I left out below, I'd love to hear some feedback and so forth.

Regards,
Petercob
The following 11 users Like Petercob's post:
  • Hitman, Reebs, Rylund, Falc, Tomo, Audacter, Pear, Gizmo, summotion, Agorith, Infernaw
Always happy to help out a friend, be it giving them stuff, inviting them to RP, or maybe even cheering them up when they're down. Need anything, just come to me and I'll help us out to the best of my ability, you know that Cheese
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 1 user Likes Reebs's post:
  • Petercob
Thanks for your feedback man! It's really great to hear this, thanks for taking the time to put this together Smile
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • Petercob
Beautifully put together.
The following 1 user Likes Gizmo's post:
  • Petercob
A very interesting read!
I totally agree with you that there's way too much aggressive RP.
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
The following 1 user Likes summotion's post:
  • Petercob
I guess you could say what made fearless much stronger and a more tighter community was the split which I guess made positives and negatives no doubt. My experiences with fearless were one's I could never forget especially as this was my first community that I joined in G-Mod. Roleplay is what should stay essential to fearless Smile

(May have relevance to this thread as much as changed for Petercob)
Kind Regards Chocolate Labrador

The following 1 user Likes Labrador's post:
  • Petercob
Constructive feedback is always appreciated.
Staff members never ignore players intentionally, thing is sometimes servers are very busy.

See you in-game!
The following 1 user Likes Viljo's post:
  • Cox
aggressive rp is more prevalent now because it's easier because police have no power, thanks for posting this I agree with a lot of it
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Good read.
Anything or anyone will always have positives and negatives.

Glad you appreciate my support to ya. Keep your chin up and enjoy your time here. Smile
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]