CDM
Hello community,

This is more a question to the staff team.
Since when are people getting banned for accidently driving over someone? Ive seen 2 UBL requests getting denied the past 2 days for people who drove over someone accidently. I find this weird because the rules obviously state this:

[Image: cCAZcoG.png]

We class something CDM when you drive over someone on purpose, not on accident. When you accidently drive someone over you get out of your car and RP it out, in my 1,5 year here with FL it has always been that way, but now people are suddenly getting blacklists?

Why did this suddenly change? Its confusing and seems conflicting with the rules to me.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Spear, Rylund, sebasti161
The staff needs to make it clear what kind of punishment should be handed out. I feel sometimes the new moderators are very impulsive and judge a situation too fast.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=65947

Same thing happened to me, I accidentally ran over someone when turning in to the gas station. I got out of my car to call a paramedic but he instantly respawned to give me a blacklist. I made a unblacklist request and it got denied. As I did not do it on purpose I did not break a rule but still I got blacklisted and the request got denied.
IMO you should be able to run someone over on purpose if they're shooting at you
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 3 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • aDisabledDeer, Coded Brain, sebasti161
(11-20-2015, 04:53 PM)Goigle Wrote: IMO you should be able to run someone over on purpose if they're shooting at you

100% - You're not just going to drive past like "oh shit, I'm being shot", if you truly fear for your life you'll hit them with the car... But then you'll get banned for CDM.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Alfred, sebasti161
(11-20-2015, 05:58 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(11-20-2015, 04:53 PM)Goigle Wrote: IMO you should be able to run someone over on purpose if they're shooting at you

100% - You're not just going to drive past like "oh shit, I'm being shot", if you truly fear for your life you'll hit them with the car... But then you'll get banned for CDM.

Really depends on the type of roleplay you are doing, a chef would probably be too scared and try to swerve away from them and try to drive away whereas a criminal would probably be ruthless and swerve into the would be shooter.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • sebasti161
If some dipshit runs out in front of someone on purpose when they're traveling in a car at highway speeds, why the hell should they be punished because someone decided to be stupid/instigate "you ran me over CDM" arguments?
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
Ivan doesn't know what CDM is. It's like now if you run someone over on accident you have to call a paramedic and take a blacklist.
The following 2 users Like Coded Brain's post:
  • sebasti161, SourLemon

https://youtu.be/LVByrAm0bi8
The following 2 users Like Coded Brain's post:
  • sebasti161, Toxic
Lets not get this thread closed before i get my answer, thank you.

I personally disagree with driving over people on purpose, making exceptions will only cause confusion in my opinion.

As for my question, can a staffmember clarify on this?