Poll: Who won?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Police Officers win
30.77%
4 30.77%
Firefights win
46.15%
6 46.15%
Its too hard to choose
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Firefighters vs Police Officers
I'd have to go with both too, both in my opinion are equally important. It's just too hard to choose, but I get where you're coming from Reebs.
I think that the question that is in the air is who is better at doing their job in general? In other words, are police better at policing than firefighters are at saving people/putting out fires?

The reason I voted for Firefighters is because I believe that there is a larger percentage of firefighters who do an unbelievable job than police officers are at doing theirs. It's much easier to find a fireman that cares about people than a police officer.

What do I base this on?

Well, there's plenty of stories of police using excessive force, of negligence, of people dying while in custody because of injuries when being arrested. There is also plenty of reports of Police corruption and brutality. Many officers, especially in my town, treat you like you're inferior to them. They bend the law to their will and often use it against you, especially if you're not complying in the exact same way as they want you to, what is usually not complaining about a single thing, even if what they're doing is not right and even illegal sometimes, like random searches based on appearance. Also, some cops help other cops get away from traffic fines or even breaking certain laws, especially in more corrupt countries. I had my house broken into some years ago. Police came, looked around and didn't even pay notice to what I said. They left after literally 60/90 seconds and then refused to investigate because they implied that it was me who did it in order to claim money from my insurance... I didn't have insurance at all.

Of course, this is just an example of how a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch. I'm certain that most officers do their job right, however I believe that the percentage of bad cops is larger than the percentage of bad firemen. Ever seen a fireman not put out a fire properly or not saved a person from a car wreckage properly because he felt lazy or couldn't be bothered?
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Reebs
(11-02-2015, 06:10 PM)Holdem Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 12:08 PM)Nuka Wrote: That said, fire services are becoming less valuable. Fire isn't that much of a problem nowadays, compared to ambulance related calls and police related calls.

Tell that to people that live in very hot countries (Like Spain and Australia, which btw I've lived in both, or California). During summer time it's so dry that huge portions of forest go on fire, threatening the homes and lives of literally thousands of people.

Except I don't live in Australia, Spain or California. I'm going off of my country's emergency services Tounge

Holdem, take a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpNda4zCE0

Which shows an off duty firefighter brutally beating an officer and bashing his head against the curb until the officer is forced to shoot him. Of course, this isn't every firefighter. Which is exactly the point I'm making. You're generalising an entire emergency service upon the actions of a few, all who reside in countries with shitty gun control and histories of racism.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: -snip-

First of all, this shouldn't be anything to do with the line of work he does. He wasn't on duty. The statement also said the man had been drinking. How can you even count this video as anything to go against firemen, he did it while off duty, at his own will while obviously highly under the influence of alcohol.
(11-02-2015, 12:08 PM)Nuka Wrote: Police, every time. Both are equally important, but I'm a police kind of guy, being in the police and all.

That said, fire services are becoming less valuable. Fire isn't that much of a problem nowadays, compared to ambulance related calls and police related calls.
http://www.esri.com/services/disaster-re...t-news-map
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: Except I don't live in Australia, Spain or California. I'm going off of my country's emergency services Tounge

Which shows an off duty firefighter brutally beating an officer and bashing his head against the curb until the officer is forced to shoot him. Of course, this isn't every firefighter. Which is exactly the point I'm making. You're generalising an entire emergency service upon the actions of a few, all who reside in countries with shitty gun control and histories of racism.

Not sure how this helps the police in anyway, he had no reason to shoot the fireman there. He took a few punches to the face, so what? That does not give him the right to take someone elses life.

It makes me sick how the police are starting to act, pulling there gun at every situation they can because they are thirsty to fire a shot, too many cases lately where unarmed people have been shot dead by the police, it's not the way it should work.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
(11-04-2015, 09:48 AM)DVN Wrote:

First of all, this shouldn't be anything to do with the line of work he does. He wasn't on duty. The statement also said the man had been drinking. How can you even count this video as anything to go against firemen, he did it while off duty, at his own will while obviously highly under the influence of alcohol.

You didn't even bother reading my post properly.
Nuka
(11-04-2015, 02:41 PM)Falcao Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:42 AM)Nuka Wrote: Except I don't live in Australia, Spain or California. I'm going off of my country's emergency services Tounge

Not sure how this helps the police in anyway, he had no reason to shoot the fireman there. He took a few punches to the face, so what? That does not give him the right to take someone elses life.

It makes me sick how the police are starting to act, pulling there gun at every situation they can because they are thirsty to fire a shot, too many cases lately where unarmed people have been shot dead by the police, it's not the way it should work.

A few punches to the face isn't exactly common assault, Falscrub.

The drunk FF was trying to kill the officer. The officer was calling for help and backup but nothing came because citizens just stood and watched. I can guarantee if someone was doing that to you, you'd shoot them given the chance.
Nuka
(11-04-2015, 02:07 PM)DanManC Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 12:08 PM)Nuka Wrote: Police, every time. Both are equally important, but I'm a police kind of guy, being in the police and all.

That said, fire services are becoming less valuable. Fire isn't that much of a problem nowadays, compared to ambulance related calls and police related calls.
http://www.esri.com/services/disaster-re...t-news-map

guess wut

i don't live in america, so that doesn't apply to my emergency services in any way at all <3
Nuka
(11-04-2015, 03:31 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:48 AM)DVN Wrote:

You didn't even bother reading my post properly.

Yes I did, I understand you said you didn't post this video to represent the whole Fire Services, but used it as an example. What I'm saying is this shouldn't even be used as an example of how a Fire Fighter is, his job role has nothing to do with it since he was drunk out of his mind and off duty.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • aDisabledDeer