Poll: Who won?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Police Officers win
30.77%
4 30.77%
Firefights win
46.15%
6 46.15%
Its too hard to choose
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Firefighters vs Police Officers
Firefighters vs Police Officers

Hello, Reebs here...again...I know...shocker, right?

Anyway, I was wondering... Everyone here knows about the rivalry between Police Officers and Firefighters, so I was thinking, why not see which the community thinks is better?

This is pretty much one of the best Rap Battles on the subject I can find, so have a watch, and tell everyone what you think Cheese

I DO NOT OWN OR AM AFFILIATED WITH THIS VIDEO IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE ORIGINAL MAKER (MBest11x).

Watched the Video yet? Great! If you haven't, watch it now.

So here's what my personal opinions are:
Personally, I think that the Police won, however, that's just me.

So lets have a little vote then, shall we?

I'd also like to take this time to say that if anyone out there is part of any Emergency Service squad, Active Duty/Reserve Military, or any other help to the community in which you live: Thank you for all that you do. It takes a certain breed to do everything that you everyday heroes do.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
I don't believe there is a comparison that can be made

Firefighters and Police Officers both do very different but equally important jobs and both put their lives on the line to ensure that those jobs are done to a high standard
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
(11-02-2015, 01:29 AM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: I don't believe there is a comparison that can be made

Firefighters and Police Officers both do very different but equally important jobs and both put their lives on the line to ensure that those jobs are done to a high standard

I think you misread my post, I meant in your personal opinion, which do you think is better more important based off both your personal and the attached video. However, I do understand what you mean, but my vote goes to Police Officers, due to the fact that, in my personal oninion, it's more dangerous because an officer could get Run Over, Shot, Stabbed, etc, and when they put on that badge, that symbol that says "I put my life in danger to protect yours and your family's" means more to me, although I do have a high respect for all Emergency Services, Police and Fire Services in particular as I have family ties in both.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
I understand exactly what you are saying, but there is still no comparison that can be made.

The Fire Services are just as important and do an equally important job as the Police Officers - There shouldn't be a thought in your mind that says 'police are more important'.

You say that Police are more likely to be in danger, well I would dispute that. Yes, Police are more of a target because there are more of them and they are commonly seen, whereas firefighters only respond to calls, but firefighters are in just as much danger from fires, hazards, being run over, being crushed, oxygen deprivation, and being attacked to name a few things.

Here is a video that was recorded in Manchester, UK. which shows firefighters being lured to a call and then attacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Y4FAHvObM

[edit] OT: I do not think any emergency service is more important, more in danger, or better than any other emergency service.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
What has the world come to
[Image: File:Flag_of_the_United_States.svg]
I'm going to have to agree with disabled on this one. All emergency services do their jobs and are uniquely as important as the other.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
Both are really important jobs. Without these jobs the word would be nothing. I say they are Equal
They're all equally important and in essence it all comes down to an individual level. However, if I had to choose, I'd go with firefighters. Ever heard of fire fighter brutality?
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Police, every time. Both are equally important, but I'm a police kind of guy, being in the police and all.

That said, fire services are becoming less valuable. Fire isn't that much of a problem nowadays, compared to ambulance related calls and police related calls.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Due to the reputation of police and the way they have acted in the recent years, I have to go with Firefighters.