What is considered Double Accounting?
Is it double accounting that my little brother plays with his steam user? Is it if he plays when Im banned? or the other way? :at:
Double Accounting I beleive is considered as using more than one account to play on FLs servers.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
It's when a single user is using more than 1 account in order to either circumvent the rules or gain some form of advantage. The most common occurrence is when someone gets banned and they come back in on another account, typically just to cause more problems.

If you have 2 people playing from 1 IP address it's probably in your best interest to inform the staff in some manner so that they don't suspect it to be an issue if ever that was to be brought to their attention. Mind you, there is still a high chance (I'm not 100% sure on this part) that they will ban both accounts or even just the IP address should 1 account ever get banned. Mainly because there is a chance that the banned user could utilize the other users account to cause problems.
The following 1 user Likes Zenra's post:
  • Edned
Double accounting is classed as when someone connects to the server with another account to circumvent the ban on their other account.

Regarding a sibling's account, if there is more than one account playing from the same IP address, staff should be notified beforehand so that in the event of punishment, your sibling's account does not get banned as well.

Hitman
Fearless Moderator
(11-02-2015, 08:34 PM)Hitman Wrote: Double accounting is classed as when someone connects to the server with another account to circumvent the ban on their other account.

So if I'm not banned I can connect to the server with another account?
Wink 
Correct. Tounge
I want to have one account I play with my RL friends without showing how little life I have. Is it then possible to get Gmod on a second account and play. (My primary account is not banned.)
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
But what If you have 2accounts and play both with it but not at the same time? You have a second account just If the other one gets lost, do you also get banner for that (i dont have 2 or more accounts)
(11-03-2015, 03:42 PM)umizoomi Wrote: But what If you have 2accounts and play both with it but not at the same time? You have a second account just If the other one gets lost, do you also get banner for that (i dont have 2 or more accounts)

One person should never play with two accounts on Fearless. If they have an account on back up, they shouldn't log into Fearless with it unless they lose their main account.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
(11-03-2015, 04:54 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 03:42 PM)umizoomi Wrote: But what If you have 2accounts and play both with it but not at the same time? You have a second account just If the other one gets lost, do you also get banner for that (i dont have 2 or more accounts)

One person should never play with two accounts on Fearless. If they have an account on back up, they shouldn't log into Fearless with it unless you lose their main account.

That's not what Hitman said in the post above, he said "Double accounting is classed as when someone connects to the server with another account to circumvent the ban on their other account." so technically from what he said having two accounts as long as you aren't circumventing a ban is allowed
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • Coded Brain