Why is there no staff on v33x?!?
(10-31-2015, 02:40 AM)NightHawkd Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 03:22 PM)Zerdrick Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 03:10 PM)Suarez Wrote: As goigle said, @ calls do go to all other linked servers (v33x,v2d,build,event) and we will swap if necessary. However it's not as simple as everyone thinks. We all have our "preferred" servers. I'm not ashamed to say I prefer v2d for a number of reasons. I run a low-end PC so the improved FPS is amazing and a deal breaker for me. I don't mind v33x, and I do come on, just not as often as some of you would perhaps like.

I was in the same sort of circumstances as you when I was a player; annoyed with low admin activity etc. However, when you actually get a look at what us staff do there's quite an extensive list: Internal matters, Player Reports, Unban Requests, Unblacklist Requests, Questions from users, Steam messages from staff and players alike. I could go on, but I'll end it there. We are trying our absolute best, but please try and be reasonable and understand it is an RP server so we should be allowed to RP once in a while and that we do have other things to do outside of FL. It's not as simple as everyone thinks, you're all reasonable people I'm sure you understand that.

I've seen countless amount of staff members say that the admin job is hard and that they cannot help everyone. Why doesnt fl hire more staff so that more people can be helped?

Theres a lot more to it when it comes to "hiring" staff for the servers. There are countless things that you have to look at and take into account before even approaching someone and asking if they would like to be a staff member. But even then you still have the possibility of that person saying "Thank you for the offer but I do not want to be a moderator." So you may not see us "trying" to find staff but you would honestly be wrong there with that assumption.

Then why isnt a rank made for people who want to become a moderator too see how well they do kind of like "Trial-Moderator" with limited ability or another suggestion would be to make a "forum moderator" rank for people who show whatever you guys are looking for on the forums so that staff can be more free to administrate ingame. Just some suggestions because I always see staff mentioning the lack of staff members, so it should be atleast looked at.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
(10-31-2015, 03:10 AM)Zerdrick Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 02:40 AM)NightHawkd Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 03:22 PM)Zerdrick Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 03:10 PM)Suarez Wrote: As goigle said, @ calls do go to all other linked servers (v33x,v2d,build,event) and we will swap if necessary. However it's not as simple as everyone thinks. We all have our "preferred" servers. I'm not ashamed to say I prefer v2d for a number of reasons. I run a low-end PC so the improved FPS is amazing and a deal breaker for me. I don't mind v33x, and I do come on, just not as often as some of you would perhaps like.

I was in the same sort of circumstances as you when I was a player; annoyed with low admin activity etc. However, when you actually get a look at what us staff do there's quite an extensive list: Internal matters, Player Reports, Unban Requests, Unblacklist Requests, Questions from users, Steam messages from staff and players alike. I could go on, but I'll end it there. We are trying our absolute best, but please try and be reasonable and understand it is an RP server so we should be allowed to RP once in a while and that we do have other things to do outside of FL. It's not as simple as everyone thinks, you're all reasonable people I'm sure you understand that.

I've seen countless amount of staff members say that the admin job is hard and that they cannot help everyone. Why doesnt fl hire more staff so that more people can be helped?

Theres a lot more to it when it comes to "hiring" staff for the servers. There are countless things that you have to look at and take into account before even approaching someone and asking if they would like to be a staff member. But even then you still have the possibility of that person saying "Thank you for the offer but I do not want to be a moderator." So you may not see us "trying" to find staff but you would honestly be wrong there with that assumption.

Then why isnt a rank made for people who want to become a moderator too see how well they do kind of like "Trial-Moderator" with limited ability or another suggestion would be to make a "forum moderator" rank for people who show whatever you guys are looking for on the forums so that staff can be more free to administrate ingame. Just some suggestions because I always see staff mentioning the lack of staff members, so it should be atleast looked at.

you say it's difficult... hiring moderators...

you tell me what i can and cannot do and i'll gladly be a moderator who will stay permenantly on 33x....

I'm on that server more often than most players at the moment... rather obsessivley i should say haha

i realise you probably wouldn't take that as a reason to offer me a position as a moderator...

but i'm damn good at moderating game servers once i know what i can and cannot do :Tounge

from my experience running minecraft servers, It is a lot easier letting players approach you to be mods, rather than the other way around...

when i run minecraft servers, An application will sit unanswered for about a month, while i review the logs of that applicant...

a slow and painful process but i never had any abusers :Tounge

what i think you should do... is a sub section in the forum for people who wanna be moderators.... that eliminates the chance of them turning you down... because you already know they want it.... and then you know who to review...

do your checks going back to before they applied, because someone who has applied will always be a goodie two shoes if all they want is the power to abuse lol

i have a tendency to drag on a bit... has anybody noticed? haha
It's very important to read what i say literally, I speak literally and if you try to "interpret" (Read between the lines) you may be offended or get the wrong point from what i say Smile   ( Asperger Syndrome sucks when you're talking to people) 
Because v33x is shit and it lags us all.
The following 3 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Tomo, FEaRIeZz, Falc
(11-12-2015, 07:50 AM)The Doctor Wrote: Because v33x is shit and it lags us all.

Replace it with V2P,  kthx
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
(11-12-2015, 12:35 AM)jamiemac262 Wrote: you say it's difficult... hiring moderators...

you tell me what i can and cannot do and i'll gladly be a moderator who will stay permenantly on 33x....

I'm on that server more often than most players at the moment... rather obsessivley i should say haha

i realise you probably wouldn't take that as a reason to offer me a position as a moderator...

but i'm damn good at moderating game servers once i know what i can and cannot do :Tounge

from my experience running minecraft servers, It is a lot easier letting players approach you to be mods, rather than the other way around...

when i run minecraft servers, An application will sit unanswered for about a month, while i review the logs of that applicant...

a slow and painful process but i never had any abusers :Tounge

what i think you should do... is a sub section in the forum for people who wanna be moderators.... that eliminates the chance of them turning you down... because you already know they want it.... and then you know who to review...

do your checks going back to before they applied, because someone who has applied will always be a goodie two shoes if all they want is the power to abuse lol

i have a tendency to drag on a bit... has anybody noticed? haha

How to get mod in steps:

1 Wear the [FL:RP] tag
2 Get noticed by the owner/SA/Admin who thinks you're up for the job
3 Don't be a dickhead that whines all the time that the admin team is shit, these guys pretty much cooperate on a daily basis, and a guy that comes off as a know it all, will never be accepted into the position.
4 Be active, and I mean ACTIVE, most of these blokes have over 1k hours and are still online every day, solving our shit.
5 Know the rules extensively, most mods/admins have never been banned/blacklisted for atleast 1k hours of playing.

Let your voice be heard and there will be more mods, I see a thread  popping up about no admins/mods being on and the same day there are 3 new mods recruited.

As for you getting mod, I'd let the idea slide for atleast a year or 2.
(11-12-2015, 07:50 AM)The Doctor Wrote: Because v33x is shit and it lags us all.

v33x only lags when people can spawn shit loads of props, prop push, etc... Almost never have lag when there's staff on lol
It's very important to read what i say literally, I speak literally and if you try to "interpret" (Read between the lines) you may be offended or get the wrong point from what i say Smile   ( Asperger Syndrome sucks when you're talking to people) 
No, the city especially the Nexus has a nice FPS leak when looking at it which totally rapes my videocard.
One of the reasons why i no longer play on 33x, the map just isn't optimized.
(11-12-2015, 12:34 PM)The Doctor Wrote: No, the city especially the Nexus has a nice FPS leak when looking at it which totally rapes my videocard.

I get my highest FPS in the nexus :v
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
I get no lag on the server when it's empty or quiet with all proper rp-ers... no FPS drops at all