Poll: Do you like the secret door ? (Remember to tell why)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
100.00%
5 100.00%
No!
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Coroleone Contra Door
Video 
So I had a lot of spare time while doing contra since nobody was on the server, so I wanted to make a secret door. It was bit hard since I rarely build machines in Gmod.
The door has couple problems, when spawning with the adv duplicator the winches wont spawn and need to be manually placed. Also if pressing the wrong keypad (open when the door is already open etc.) can lead to some problems also (as seen in the video, I am stupid).
Personally I think it is pretty cool, but the keypad problem is the worst.

So what you think ?
https://youtu.be/eCuYokqYtvk
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
Looks neat. GJ
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
Why are you using winches over a hydraulic?

The reason they probably aren't spawning is you might have them attached to the world - make a small invisible prop to attach them to and it will save properly.

Nice build though.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • TheSiphon
(10-27-2015, 05:20 AM)Goigle Wrote: Why are you using winches over a hydraulic?

The reason they probably aren't spawning is you might have them attached to the world - make a small invisible prop to attach them to and it will save properly.

Nice build though.

The hydraulic was pretty weird, I measured the distance -91.429 but it did not go full closed.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • goigle!
If FL would get wiremod and expression2 we could make awesome creations!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Nice, but its more secret If you Give iT the Colour from the Walls
The following 1 user Likes umizoomi's post:
  • TheSiphon
This is one of the best hidden rooms I've seen built, while still making the house/room itself look so realistic.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • TheSiphon
That looks awesome, man! Way better than I ever could have made.
The following 1 user Likes TheCasanova's post:
  • TheSiphon
(10-27-2015, 02:41 PM)Midget Wrote: If FL would get wiremod and expression2 we could make awesome creations!

I see your point, but with advantages also comes disadvantages. Wiremod can be used abusively, thus I doubt Soul would be up for adding this in.

OT: It's a nice build, but if I were leading the S.R.U team searching your house, then those keypads would be major suspicion to me and I'd definitely search them Tounge
The following 1 user Likes Nightmare's post:
  • TheSiphon
They could make a system to block the exploits of stuff of E2 or the abusive side of it.
Ex-Server Teacher
The following 1 user Likes Bradley's post:
  • TheSiphon