goigle is not a homophobe
(10-29-2015, 09:42 AM)Midget Wrote: If saying someone is gay is a homophobic slurr what is the point of any kind of gay movements. The only person in the wrong here is the person who punished someone else for saying the word "gay".

Not involved, warned.
(10-29-2015, 09:42 AM)Midget Wrote: If saying someone is gay is a homophobic slurr what is the point of any kind of gay movements. The only person in the wrong here is the person who punished someone else for saying the word "gay".

midget for president, Suarez, he may not be directly involved, but his opinion actually does mean a lot for this cause, one moderator is saying "gay" is a homophobic slur when used in the context of "my roommate is literally so gay omg". And members of the community are backing goigle up saying that it was not used in a homophobic way, whatsoever (as it wasn't). May i reiterate that he said they are "so gay" and not "my roommates are total "f****ts" or "f*gs". Last time I checked all the gay movements are called "gay movements". Not "homosexual movements", it's called "gay pride" not "homosexual pride". LGBT or GLBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Do you see gay in any offensive manner in that? No. Gay isn't a very hateful word anymore. Gay stands for the community that has sexual attraction to the same sex as them. Now if goigle said "my roommates are literally f*gs", that context would be VERY hateful against the gay community. I still have no idea whatsoever why he was blacklisted for saying his roommate is gay. HE IS ACTUALLY GAY. Like I can't believe in this day and age people are getting punished for saying what a person's sexual orientation is. Yeah, I said it once, and I'll say it again, if he said "my roommates are literally f*gs", I would understand a punishment for homophobia.
It would have been different if you had said;

" My roommates are gay. They are having sex in the room next to me"

Again, with the tone of the message, it can be considered offensive by some community members therefore disciplinary action was taken.
(10-29-2015, 08:25 PM)Hitman Wrote: It would have been different if you had said;

Again, with the tone of the message, it can be considered offensive by some community members therefore disciplinary action was taken.

Why would he need to say "they are having sex in the room next to me" if they weren't? He was just stating that they were "literally so gay". I don't understand why this isn't closed yet, nothing he said was homophobic, you are just making it that way.

The way you blacklisted him, I'm assuming i would get blacklisted for saying "my sister is literally so straight omg" or "omg my cousin is actually a heterosexual lmao"
(10-29-2015, 08:25 PM)Hitman Wrote: It would have been different if you had said;

That's because you're interpreting the OMG in an unintended way. I didn't mean like "omg get these fucks away from me", I meant like "OMG I'm about to tell you a story." (think of stereotypical teenage girls) And I was. But I was blacklisted. I can guarantee you no one would have found it offensive had I been able to send the second message.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
If that was not your intent then it should have been made more clear.
(10-29-2015, 08:38 PM)Hitman Wrote: If that was not your intent then it should have been made more clear.

As I've stated numerous times, I was going to clarify but I was blacklisted before I could.
Do you blacklist someone because they shot someone and it looked like RDM, or do you ask them why they shot the person? I don't see why you should do any less investigating here, it would have been as simple as a PM or even giving me 30 more seconds.
The message you sent to global OOC was interpreted as having a negative connotation and to be derogatory. As I also stated, if this was not your intent then it should have been more clear.

I honestly see no reason for the blacklist to be removed.
(10-26-2015, 05:40 PM)SourLemon Wrote: I think we need to see video proof that this is occurring to prove what you are saying.
Wink

Not involved. Warned