goigle is not a homophobe
(10-29-2015, 08:15 PM)nicknamee Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 09:42 AM)Midget Wrote: If saying someone is gay is a homophobic slurr what is the point of any kind of gay movements. The only person in the wrong here is the person who punished someone else for saying the word "gay".

- snip-

In threads in the courthouse, users are not allowed to post unless they are directly involved or have something to contribute to the specific case. If he wishes to share his opinion he can do so in a discussion thread, not on an unblacklist request in the courthouse.
(10-29-2015, 08:46 PM)Hitman Wrote: The message you sent to global OOC was interpreted as having a negative connotation and to be derogatory. As I also stated, if this was not your intent then it should have been more clear.

I honestly see no reason for the blacklist to be removed.

Interpreted by whom? Everyone I have talked to has said they have found it not offensive. There is only so much I can fit in an OOC comment. I did not feel it was homophobic (actually, I didn't even check because I'm not homophobic and I had no idea someone could interpret it as gay at first) and then after I sent it I began typing the second part but I was blacklisted before I could finish.
This is a circular argument, I would have been more clear before you blacklisted me but you blacklisted me and so I should have been more clear.

Please cite the rule I broke, because no rule I see has a clause for interpretation.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Straight from Oxford Dictionary "Gay is a term that primarily refers to a homosexual person or the trait of being homosexual. The term was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy".

I can see your signature is accurate, you approached this situation like a wreaking ball, not taking anything into consideration before making a decision.
Quote:1.13 Racism, sexism and discrimination is not allowed OOC and IC.

The comment was interpreted as discrimination due to the connotation of the message.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
It's not fair that you interpret it that way and straight up BL someone lmao. If you check up, gay can also mean very happy.

'My roommates are so gay' = 'My roommates are so happy'
(10-29-2015, 09:28 PM)DVN Wrote: It's not fair that you interpret it that way and straight up BL someone lmao. If you check up, gay can also mean very happy.

'My roommates are so gay' = 'My roommates are so happy'

Not involved. Warned.
(10-29-2015, 09:14 PM)Hitman Wrote:
Quote:1.13 Racism, sexism and discrimination is not allowed OOC and IC.

The comment was interpreted as discrimination due to the connotation of the message.

Your interpretation does not mean I was actually being discriminatory.
     I'm not going to tell you how to do your job, but if I've learned one thing after 3-4 years of being a supervising administrator for a community with the same racism and discrimination rules it's that not all situations are black and white, especially when it comes to members of the community breaking the rules after a long time with the community. I have around 700 hours and have not had a ban or blacklist in over 2 years. Administrators should take context clues into account when dealing with any situation.  You know my roommates are gay. Text chat has no tone and thus is open to wide interpretations so you need to always be sure you are reading it correctly. If I see someone and they look like they are breaking a rule which has no immediate impact on players (and thus immediate action is not necessary), I wait and see what they are doing and why are they doing it. This can be giving them enough time to clarify what they mean in a message or asking them why they killed someone. The only reason you have given for reprimanding me is a failure on your part.
You failed to interpret my OOC comment correctly.
You failed to wait and see if I would clarify.
You failed to use the tools at your disposal (PM, OOC, Steam, TS) to ask for clarification of what I said.
You failed to take context clues into account.
You then took action on the assumption that your interpretation of my comment was correct.
It wasn’t.
So what exactly did I do wrong?
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Although I was not there, I can vouch for Goigle here.

He would never intend for that to offend anyone.

I think a Blacklist is too harsh here, and that a warning should have been issued

HOWEVER

it is not my place to decide that.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
I have to agree with Hitman on this one.

That is indeed a homophobic slur in my eyes along with other staff members, I would not support an unblacklist.

[FL:M] Falcao
Look,

It was used in a derogatory sense. That is blatantly obvious and one cannot ignore the facts here. 

Case denied.

If it wasn't such a "big deal", I don't believe the "Think before you speak" campaign would of been launched. My only recommendation to you is to not use it on Fearless as we care for everyone here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS0GVOQPs0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_Befo...(campaign)
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub